Phantis Forums

Ailton might join AEK

nightsurfer

If we don't don't make it into the group stages of the CL surviving financially will be the goal of AEK next season. Not that im saying I agree with the signing but we all know that we need players capable of beating some of the teams that needs to qualify.

i understand that... but if we pay a TON of $$$ and DONT make it to the group stages, we are even WORSE off.

We dont have a huge budget to buy players, but if we spend 800K on this guy and close to 1 million for a coach, what are we going to do after that? spend 50k on some 16 year olds?

I am concerned, because I think Demi lacks the patience and is now falling into the routine of "bandaiding" the situation... and as we have seen in the past, this makes everything worse in the long run (hello ENIC)...

Ailton fatboy???!

The attacking equivalent of Conciecao, only fatter with less honors..

i would not want him on my team. He was AWFUL with Besiktas, hes worth an occasional good finish but im surprised he got called back to the bundesliga...hes way out of shape too....look a recent photo its hard to beleive hes professional.....once he was great but lately...no point you have Lyberopoulos who can offer more.

This guys is a great stricker but the problem with this is that there's going to be a lot of $$ placed on his head.

Just as many of you have posted abouve I agree with you all, he's not AEK material and I don't think that this will be a good signing if it goews through. (he's going to be a quick fix for the Champions League and that's it)

seeing him a half season at Besiktas, the only thing I can say about this fatty is that he regards himself a God and if he doesn't score for the first few weeks he will start blaming the midfielders for "not passing him the ball".

what happened to the youth project of AEK?? Where are guys like Bourbos, Krassas, Kabanthais --though he was at Anorthosi at the beginning of the season--?? I thought these youngsters would make a great future for AEK but they seemed to have vanished.. :(

idk but krassas and kabandais were amazing players... id rather have them on a squad than some gordito like ailton come farting around... its a shame how they vanished as u say correctly... ;)

I thought these youngsters would make a great future for AEK but they seemed to have vanished.. :(

They have not vanished...

It just seems that our management may be falling into the same trap that all of our other managements have fallen into... No patience - need a quick fix...

I think getting Ailton is a smart thing to do, kapatatais won't get us into the CL, a player like Ailton, Lybe or Katsouranis will, they've been there and they know what the competition's like, he's a good player too, Bundesliga top scorer not so long ago, he has something to offer in terms of capabilty unlike the majority of the AEK squad. I'd also like to get anastasiou (apparently he's a good influence on the young players according to Danny Blind), so he can help the team out in player developement.

I think we should save our maney and not spend so much on a 32 year old. There are more players out there that can get the job done in the CL ann younger. We will see. If he comes he will be welcomed like everyone else..

Night surfer I meant getting us into, into the CL group stages, God help Lybe and AEK in the group stages if they get there. :LOL:

I meant Liberopoulos file... not AEK

Because I can judge Liberopoulos.....

But not AEK 2006 / 07

We have to wait to see the new roster... in order to say our opinion....

As per Ailton I ve been watching him since about 6 - 7 years in the Bundesliga... it s not a bad player... my problem is the money that we will give him... if he comes to us with 300.000 Euros handing fees .... I will be very pleased... But not for 1.2 mio Euro...

There I say definitevely NO

Don't let you influence you from his body shape..... It is statically proven that in the first 20-30 meters.... he was the FASTEST Bundesliga player 2-3 years ago.... and he scored many Goals

The problem is his character... if he really wants .... he is very strong....

The other problem is his "character" once more time......

3 years ago.. he was ready to take the Citizenship of Katar or Bahrain.... I can't remember exactly... although he was playing in Germany.... ONLY for money... in order to play in theirs National Team... But FIFA put its objections...

if he comes for a reasonable amount of money i believe he can help aek.he is a good striker with good speed and good finish.if aek makes the CL group stage he can help your team.

Archived