Phantis Forums

Henrik Larsson

Larsson set for royal appointment

FC Barcelona and Sweden striker Henrik Larsson has been given a top royal honour in Britain in reward for his services to Scottish football. The 34-year-old was made an MBE in recognition of his 242 goals in 315 matches during 7 years with Celtic FC but is yet to receive the award from the Queen. "To be recognised for services to football outside your homeland is a great tribute," said Larsson's agent Rob Jansen.

Now it's time for him to win his first European club trophy for my favorite team and go out in style! Larsson we love you!

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Edited by dark_horse

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

WTF!? :blink:

Sweden 'bid to lure back Larsson'

Sweden manager Lars Lagerback is believed to be trying to tempt striker Henrik Larsson out of international retirement for the second time.

Larsson quit international football following last summer's World Cup.

Swedish FA chairman Lars-Ake Lagrell told Aftonbladet newspaper: "There have been talks with Henke (Larsson).

"I cannot say exactly what these have involved. Obviously it would be fantastic news if Henke decided to play for the national team again."

However, Lagrell admitted it was unlikely that Larsson could be persuaded to return.

"I think Henke has made his mind up for definite this time," he said.

Larsson initially retired from international football after the 2002 World Cup.

However, he was persuaded to play for his country in the 2004 European Championship and also featured in the 2006 World Cup.

The striker is currently on loan at Manchester United from Swedish side Helsingborg and scored on his debut against Aston Villa on Sunday.

A spokesman for the Swedish FA told BBC Sport that Larsson are good friends and keep in regular contact.

Yet he said he believed that when Larsson announced his retirement in July, it was "the final call".

What is the coaches problem? Can't he just leave him alone and forget about bringing him back to the national team? He's done play international football, he's 35 for god sakes! Get over it Lars!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by dark_horse

• 1 month later...

WTF!? :blink:

Sweden 'bid to lure back Larsson'

Sweden manager Lars Lagerback is believed to be trying to tempt striker Henrik Larsson out of international retirement for the second time.

Larsson quit international football following last summer's World Cup.

Swedish FA chairman Lars-Ake Lagrell told Aftonbladet newspaper: "There have been talks with Henke (Larsson).

"I cannot say exactly what these have involved. Obviously it would be fantastic news if Henke decided to play for the national team again."

However, Lagrell admitted it was unlikely that Larsson could be persuaded to return.

"I think Henke has made his mind up for definite this time," he said.

Larsson initially retired from international football after the 2002 World Cup.

However, he was persuaded to play for his country in the 2004 European Championship and also featured in the 2006 World Cup.

The striker is currently on loan at Manchester United from Swedish side Helsingborg and scored on his debut against Aston Villa on Sunday.

A spokesman for the Swedish FA told BBC Sport that Larsson are good friends and keep in regular contact.

Yet he said he believed that when Larsson announced his retirement in July, it was "the final call".

What is the coaches problem? Can't he just leave him alone and forget about bringing him back to the national team? He's done play international football, he's 35 for god sakes! Get over it Lars!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Dont see why not, he's still the best Sweden have!

Yes he can still play, but he has reached his prime. 35 is too old to play on an international level. Sweden has proven offensive players like Elmander, Allback, Kallstrom, Wilhelmsson (aka Chippen), Ibrahimovic. Larsson's last international match was in World Cup 2006; against Germany, he played medicore. I was at the game, I was truly disappointed with his performance. He gave everything he had, he can't lead Sweden to victory. :(

Yes he can still play, but he has reached his prime. 35 is too old to play on an international level. Sweden has proven offensive players like Elmander, Allback, Kallstrom, Wilhelmsson (aka Chippen), Ibrahimovic. Larsson's last international match was in World Cup 2006; against Germany, he played medicore. I was at the game, I was truly disappointed with his performance. He gave everything he had, he can't lead Sweden to victory. :(

File mou he is still fantastic though. Everyone has bad games. Imbrahimovic is very good but not a goal scorer. Kallstrom has a wonderful left foot but again doesnt get many goals and he's more of a midfielder than a forward anyway. Larsson is a paihtara re file that strikers fear into the hearts of the opposition.

Dude, if Larsson says he's done playing for Sweden, then he's not coming back. Lars Lagerback needs to give him some space, sure both of them are very good friends. Larsson would not come back to team Sweden unless if he comes in as an emergency replacement during qualifying rounds. Thing is, if he really wants to come back, he would want to play for a European Championship, which I hope Sweden can achieve if Greece fails to repeat there title defense.

• 4 months later...

This Thursday Henrik's team Helsingborg is heading into the second leg with a 6-0 victory, they are most likely to advance into the 2nd qualifying round of the Uefa Cup. This could be his first European action with his hometown club. GOOD LUCK HENKE! :nw:

• 13 years later...