Phantis Forums

NBA playoffs

The reg. season has ended Wednesday night, so it's time to look at the playoff matchup. Playoffs starts on Saturday.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

1. San Antonio Spurs v 8. Sacremento Kings

2. Phoenix Suns v 7. Los Angeles Lakers

3. Denver Nuggets v 6. Los Angeles Clippers

4. Dallas Mavericks v 5. Memphis Grizzles

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1. Detroit Pistons v 8. Milwaukee Bucks

2. Miami Heat v 7. Chicago Bulls

3. New Jersey Nets v 6. Indiana Pacers

4. Cleveland Caviliers v 5. Washington Wizards

I'm dissapointed that both Houston & Philadelphia didn't make the cut. :tdown:

Does anybody smell some upsets? I see 2 or maybe 3 games that might happen.

The matchups in both conferences are great I really think that in the final it's going to be Detroit vs San Antonio...

As far as upset I can definitely a couple....

(a) Memphis over Dallas... This matchup if Memephis' bench plays well they can give Dallas a run for their money... Plus lets not forget that they have TSAKALIDIS...

(B) Washington over Cleveland... Washington just has more players that can score if you ask me.. Areans is playing very well and I feel that Washington have the better back-court....

To finish I'm disapointed because my Sonics are out.... There's always next season.

To finish I'm disapointed because my Sonics are out.... There's always next season.

You say that every year!!! :D Well i think Spurs are the favors with Detroit. We will see...

Since i know my Lakers can not go all the way i have to agree with you guys that Spurs and Pistons are propably going to be in the finals.Dallas and Miami are the only 2 teams that can compete against them and i really hope that Miami will beat Detroit since Shaq is there and the fact that i HATE the Pistons.There going to be some great games so let the best team win.

Tonigh games are really going to be great with LAL VS PHX 1-3,SAS VS SAC 2-2 and CHI-MIA 2-2.I can not believe that the LAL is up against PHX and also the fact that MIAMI can not seem to be able to stop the Bulls.It is going to be a great basketball night........

• 4 weeks later...

The western & eastern conference finals have some good contests. Miami and Detroit are tied 1-1, Dallas and Phoenix are tied 1-1 as well. I think the series would go to 7 games in both conferences.

I go with the Dallas Mavericks taking the Western Conference title in 7

I'll pick the underdog Miami Heat for the Eastern Conference title in 7, I know some people think I'm crazy to go against the Detroit Pistons. This is the year Shaquille O' Neal and Dwayne Wade will do something special, and you got a new look roster with Antonie Walker, Gary Payton, and Derek Anderson.

Both Dallas and Miami won the 3rd games and now they lead 2-1 against Phoenix and Detroit.What Dallas has done so far is amazing but i am more interested in the Eastern conference since i live in florida and i hate the Pistons with passion.I really hope Miami will be able to keep playing well and take revenge for last year.

i want to see a Suns-Pistons final... Suns have deserved it with their "Joga Bonito" approach in Basketball and Pistons is a true team.. not like Dallas or Miami depending on just one ot two big names all the time..

Both Dallas and Miami won the 3rd games and now they lead 2-1 against Phoenix and Detroit.What Dallas has done so far is amazing but i am more interested in the Eastern conference since i live in florida and i hate the Pistons with passion.I really hope Miami will be able to keep playing well and take revenge for last year.

I hate the Pistons too, but because they are the only ones that could beat the Mavs in the final.

The title will come to the West. Dallas will be champs with Novitsky MVP: the best player in the world.

(At least I very much hope so).

Turk, the Suns are remarkable but at the same time too crazy to win in very big games.

i want to see a Suns-Pistons final... Suns have deserved it with their "Joca Bonito" approach in Basketball and Pistons is a true team.. not like Dallas or Miami depending on just one ot two big names all the time..

Dallas and Miami don't relay only on there star players, they have other role players contributing to there team.

It would be worth having those 2 in the NBA Finals because of this: both are beating up on the last 2 defending champions (2004 Pistons, 2005 Spurs). Well it's not offical Heat have knocked out the Pistons, I hope it does happen.

Miami got one step closer after beating Detroit 89-78 and taking a 3-1 lead in there series.All could be over if Miami can get the next one in 2 days in Detroit. :tup:

DETROIT is 1-3... :(

SHAQF*CK is carrying his team...

WADE --- Jordanesque.. well, way too go!!!

turk don t be talking bad about diesel now.......he is a beast.....raw power..... :tup:

The pistons are going down tommorow..... :tup:

The Suns have tied the series 2-2 and the next game is at Dallas.I believe that this 2 teams will go to seven games and i have no idea who is going to get to the finals.

Miami Heat are going to there 1st NBA Finals ever in franchise history. :tup:

Congradulations to Pat Riley & company for "achieving the impossible", that is beating the mighty Detroit Pistons (well they look weak in the postseason :LOL:).

Now we wait & see who the Heat will face against in the West. I see Dallas Mavericks take game 6 & punch there ticket to the NBA Finals. ;)

Turk,are you a Pistons fan???

is that actually clear?? :LOL:

rather than being a PISTONS fans, I would like to see a SUNS v PISTONS final rather than these two spoiled teams...

my favourite remains Nuggets though... :tup:

is that actually clear?? :LOL:

rather than being a PISTONS fans, I would like to see a SUNS v PISTONS final rather than these two spoiled teams...

my favourite remains Nuggets though... :tup:

spoiled teams??

I believe that the two teams are really good since in one side,Dallas,you have a crazy president,a new coach and a lot of good players with Dirk being the bomb and on the other side you have Miami,with a GM going crazy and becoming a coach once more,Rilley,one of the best centers ever Shaq and propably a guy that is going to write history in the NBA since he is freaking awesome in his 3 year in the league,Wade.So sorry but since i can not stand your :P Pistons i am pretty happy with this match up.

Archived