Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

I guess it's not too early to start thinking of the new season.

Seeing just about every game this season I would say that we still need some major players in key positions.

All our center backs have been erratic this year. We need a major player in front of our goal.

Also, none of our fullbacks have impressed. Darlas is promising but very inexperienced and he was exposed in many games. I have yet to see Seric dominate on his side (maybe one game against Bremen when he played forward).

On the right side of the defense things are worst. Neither Vintra or Nilsson emanate security. It looks like an area in need of a dominant fullback.

In the midfield, I think we are set at defensive midfield with Biscan, Tziolis, Leontiou, Andric. We definetly need a world class attacking midfielder (left or right). Gonzales needs to pick up his game (although I am afraid he has reached his limit).

Up front we have some very nice forwards, but I think we still need a "world-class" player if we want to be competitive in Europe.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im up for a couple of defenders and maybe a mid.

Defenders:

Seitaridis - Theres rumours his a target for the Reds I say we buy or loan him out of Russia. Is he happy in Russia?

Tudor - I say we try and target him again if we make CL why wouldnt he come?

Albertini - yeah i know his old and retired but we need someone with experience to guide the young ones. His just retired after playing with Barca and could provide the leadership we are missing.

Mid:

Mariano Gonzalez, Equi's brother we just have to try and get him off Palermo.

Im up for a couple of defenders and maybe a mid.

Defenders:

Seitaridis - Theres rumours his a target for the Reds I say we buy or loan him out of Russia. Is he happy in Russia?

Tudor - I say we try and target him again if we make CL why wouldnt he come?

Albertini - yeah i know his old and retired but we need someone with experience to guide the young ones. His just retired after playing with Barca and could provide the leadership we are missing.

Mid:

Mariano Gonzalez, Equi's brother we just have to try and get him off Palermo.

there is no way albertini would be useful- that was exactly Flavio's role, to provide "leadership".....Albertini is a bit too old, and you cant lead unless youre playing or coaching. Come on every washup signing we make is a disaster------why risk another?

as for Giourka- he gets a lot of money in russia and he is part russian so i think hes doing ok....i dont see him going to gayros though or us because they paid 10 million for him....theyre not breaking his contract so soon for a lousy 1 million...and i dont think Seitaridis would return to Greece anyways..hes still got good chances abroad.

Tudor---probably move to a Serie A club before PAO....

Mariano Gonzalez----would be great to get the Gonzalez bros a legacy at PAO i agree...but Palermo is a great team at a higher level than any Greek club....

The one reason he would leave is because Palermo is an absolute shithole :LOL: and his bro....we just have to find the guy a nice house in Vouliagmeni and get him a nice paycheck/make the CL and hell be pretty tempted im sure.... :P

as for the world class players- guys there not that important to sucess. hardworking solid players that fit the tactics are way more valuable on the pitch. You dont need intl superstars------look every year there are examples of clubs acheiving this. Look at Steaua, Rapid Bucharest.......fantastic this year taking out bigger clubs left and right.........Petrzalka? 5-0 against Celtic! they were really unlucky not to get past the group stage.... When we made our CL run to the quarterfinals who did we have? At the time we had nobody big (now of course some became stars).....

anyways some papers said something on headlines about Mantzios attracting a lot of interest from Bologna....

its about time players like kritikos, bousinakis, gantsev are blooded in 1st team instead of the aniparkti diokisi na mas feroune nea sapilles.

:tup: i agree.

What I know, Igor Biscan is very unsatusfied if he has to play any other place than defending midfillder. So was in Liverpool, where were Gerrard, Hamann and Alonso, and the same with Conesisao in Pao. Also Biscan don't wont to be on the banch any more. So if PAO is going bring Albertini Biscan will probable go away! And his first club Dinamo Zagreb is waiting for him!

has anyone heard of an american by the name off Oguchi Onyewu???

his a defender and plays for Standard Liege right now but wants to leave....

anyone got any background info on this guy??

Onyewu is americas #1 prospect --------NOT FREDDY ADU.

he is a big tough defender and playins in belgium....

would be a great signing for us, but i dont think hell go to Greece, hell likely end up in the premier league like many misguided american talents...

besides lets not pull names out of our asses unless theres a credible source theres no point discussing these names...

the Columbian that plays for Real Sociedad is Jon Biafra ......read up in my post it has his statements...

Onyewu is a big guy (6'3), young (23-25), and is developing really well, and is seen by many US soccer fans as the next CB of the US Men's National Team. Granted, considering how they got drubbed by Germany 4-1, he may end up getting that by default :P!

Seriously, if PAO got him, he'd be a great pick-up. Though he does use his size to his advantage, which could be problematic as he may give away a lot of fouls. Though seeing as we only have Goumas and Morris as our only 2 CB's, Onyewu would be a great acquisition.

Your thoughts....????

OGUCHI ONYEWU

Position: Defender

Club: Standard Liege (Belgium First Division)

Caps: 12

International Goals: 1

Oguchi has been on the radar of the US National Team for quite some time. After doing very well with the U-17 and U-20 National Teams, 'Gooch' caught the eye of FC Metz in the French First Division. Since then, he's been playing for numerous teams in Europe - and making great strides.

National Team Highlights:

2004 - Has been called into camp with the US Men's National Team multiple times and is looking to step up and provide answers for the US back four. Earned first cap as a reserve in the World Cup Qualifier against Panama on Oct. 13.

2001 - Was a key US member in the U-20 World Cup in Argentina

1999 - Led the US to a qualifying position in the 1999 CONCACAF U-17 World Championship

1998 - Debuted with the United States U-17 team against Guatemala. His first international goal came with that team on December 10, 1998 against the Solomon Islands in New Zealand.

Professional Highlights:

2004-05 - Liege exercised an option in October to keep Onyewu. Clinched a starting role with Liege and is considered one of the best defenders in Belgium.

2004 - Was loaned from FC Metz to Standard Liege (Belgium) 2003 - Was loaned from FC Metz to La Louviere (Belgium)

2002 - Signed a four-year contract with FC Metz of the French First Division.

Youth and college: Played two seasons at Clemson. Was named an All-American and nominated for the Hermann Trophy, college soccer's highest individual honor. His Clemson team reached the elite eight of the NCAA soccer tournament

hollywood- could u please post the name of the source.......seriously guys this is annoying as hell unless we know the source we have no idea how credible the information is. Everybody posts rumors and doesnt state where they got the information.......posts like this should be deleted i feel because they waste our time.

hollywood- could u please post the name of the source.......seriously guys this is annoying as hell unless we know the source we have no idea how credible the information is. Everybody posts rumors and doesnt state where they got the information.......posts like this should be deleted i feel because they waste our time.

http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...rticle_id=11595

From Sky:

Sandor Torghelle is unsure where he will be playing next season after struggling to hold down a regular place at Panathinaikos.

The Hungarian forward is currently on loan at Panathinaikos from Palace, but does not know if he will be retained by the Greek outfit.

Torghelle says he is happy in Athens, but admits his future is very much up in the air.

"I am fine and have recovered from my injury," said Torghelle who had been struggling with a knee problem. "My trainer says I am back to my old self."

Looking to the future, Torghelle added: "I prefer Athens to London as a city, but it has no effect on my decision.

"Crystal Palace loaned me to Panathinaikos for the rest of the season, but I have two more years on my contract in South London.

"When the Greek championship is finished in May, it will come to light if they sign me permanently or let me go back to Palace.

"Of course it matters what they say in England and what I want to do."

Torghelle claims he is only concerned with playing regular first-team football.

"I'm not worried if I play here or there, but a position in the first team is important," he added in an interview with Kepes Sport.

"In Athens they haven't said anything about my future yet."

The 24-year-old admits he has his destination in his own hands.

"When I signed for Panathinaikos, there were - including me - five international strikers for two positions.

"Polish player Olisadebe signed for Portsmouth, but there are three Greek international attackers besides me and I can only overtake them if I play twice as well as I have been."

Archived