Phantis Forums

Olympiakos in Chicago and New York

OSFP4EVER

Lets not get your hopes up. I remember that Olympiakos was coming here to Chicago 2 years ago to play Chicago Fire. They even sold tickets for the game, only for the game to be cancelled eventually. At least I got my money back from Ticketmaster.

Also the date is quite intersting. Players that will play in the WC will not be coming (Djordjevic, Toure). Also players with Greek NT (Nikopolidis, Anatolakis, Kafes ...) will be travelling to Australia for NT friendly games.

• 1 month later...

Batigol, there are no details at all about those two games. I wonder if the Greek paper announced something that has not been finilized yet. No word on the opponents or venues.

Not sure where they would play in Chicago. The new Fire stadium in Bridgeview will not be ready until mid-June. That leaves Soldier Field as the possible venue.

then there is always the high school stadium Hanson Park, which hosted Olympiakos game long time ago. Also saw Borussia - Dynamo Kiev there in 1976.

i go to the ny fan club all the time. if they do come they will play in chicago and new york. the problem is that to even profit from renting giants stadium for a day you have to sell at least 15000 tickets and there hasnt been any promo for these games. kokkalis is gonna have to be sure that hes gonna make some money for this to happen. and i also heard that if they do play they will face german teams, in ny they will play bayer leverkusen

yeh i read tht today!! its more kokallis fault thn sollied... it was him if i remember correctly stating tht oly were gona come to U.S, without asking sollieds opinion about it..

living here in NY i havent heard anything about osfpp coming here.., unless they organise a tourny quickly, bring in some major clubs that would sell tickets in a hurray & throw in osfpp to whip up on

Archived