Phantis Forums

Topic for our friend AEK66

nightsurfer

i've always thought grammozis a good player, and it looks like kicker also agrees, rating grammozi an average 4.19 out of 5, on a terrible club.

grammozis is a decent player. a defensive allrounder. on his day he plays good ball and also shows playmaker ability, oftentimes he plays very below average and also hard. hes 27 and would be a good signing for aek especially given the greek league and aeks overall quality.

if he can pick up where he left in hamburg. he may turn out to be great. if not hes good enough for the greek league in any case.

@aek66:

the kicker scale rates from 5 to 1, meaning a 4.18 is rather awful. but given koelns performance... in any case koeln wants to get rid of grammozis from what i heard.

The problem is that we have too many defensive midfielders.....

Katsouranis, Emerson, Canko..

Zikos is also on rumors...

Saw the game Monaco-Basle UEFA Cup

I liked Zikos very much.. how he played.. he looked very mature... and could also very good distribute the ball.... To me he looked much better than Emerson......

So our concentration should be ......

FOR BACKS.... AND CREATIVE MIDFIELDERS

IN ANY CASE ... IF I WOULD MANAGE THIS YEAR AEK .... I WOULD HAVE 5 DIFFERENT POSITIONS IN THE TEAM...AND A DIFFERENT ORGANISATION......

KONE WOULD GET WITH ME ALWAYS PLAYING TIME......... but necessarily Liberopoulos.......

You would see an unforeseeable .... AEK... and a team with more offensive variation.....

My thoughts are this:

I wish we were TRUELY not "going for the championship" and just buying/signing players of a younger age. And that we were actually PLAYING these players.

Krassas

Kapetanos

Moras

Kone

To name a few. I would be happier with a team made up of youth that was in the middle of the league table but preparing our squad for the future. Similar to what PAO is doing. Melanzani plays the youth. Yes they have had a rough ride this season, but who cares. They may slide into second place. If not, they have a team of experienced youth that will complete and play well together next year.

Zikos' name has been mentioned and thats fine. I think he is a great player. But I think we need to be adding younger players to take Kats' role or put one in Zikos' role. He is going to be very expensive and even though he might have some good leadership, I think we have enough with Kats, Lymbe, Dellas, Tsirrillo, Sorrentino. Tho, I dont think Dellas or lymbe should be playing. I think if we were REALLY rebuilding a team for 4-5 year plan as they started out saying, then we would ONLY sign younger players and work them to get them into playing shape like other teams in eurpoe do.

I am afraid that our mngt has seen that they cannot wait the time needed to truely rebuild a team so they are trying to win games by whatever the means and sign players that will bandaid the teams holes.

Additionally, I am not too sure if the coach and the mngt are on the same page with the choice of players and scouting.

I am afraid we are falling into the same trap as many other mngts in the past. Are we truely rebuilding for the future? Or are we starting to worry and patch things up to hope for some intermediate success?

I am worried.

KONE WOULD GET WITH ME ALWAYS PLAYING TIME......... but necessarily Liberopoulos.......

You would see an unforeseeable .... AEK... and a team with more offensive variation.....

I ve done a typing error......

It should read..." but not necesseraly Liberopoulos......

I am afraid we are falling into the same trap as many other mngts in the past. Are we truely rebuilding for the future? Or are we starting to worry and patch things up to hope for some intermediate success?

I am worried.

I think it has to do with the Greek .... Football Consumer / Fan / Supporter....

The supporters of AEK, PAO , Olympiakos, PAOK .... want always... to be up of the table.......

Personally I think..., we should have played always with 2 youngsters....

If you see around Europe..., even in the the high quality leagues.. , you see there many very young players..... I don't know what is going on in Greece.... Never lived there... just holidays......

Santos had so many problems with the backs.. why Koutromanos was never used ? ?

Why Kone never got a minute in championship.. ? ?

I agree with everyone about playing the young kids in the team. I think Kapetanos Kone and the other kids should play more often. About Gramozis i think he will be good in our team. He will bring some experience from playing outside Greece as long SANTOS plays him.(Look Dellas)

I think it has to do with the Greek .... Football Consumer / Fan / Supporter....

The supporters of AEK, PAO , Olympiakos, PAOK .... want always... to be up of the table.......

Yes, I agree with this... But that is what Nikolaidis was supposed to bring to the organization....

A new change to Greek football. A new vision...

i still think that grammozis has much to offer. and yes, i agree that grammozis is overqualified for the greek league, but, if we want a strong aek in europe..aek must get players like this.

i totally agree. for aek grammozis would be agreat signing. he can also play in a more offensive role. he did so sometimes in hamburg, where he probably had his best time.

if we want a strong aek in europe we will need more than grammozis. but hes a good start.

as for the rebuilding its a lot of talk. up until now not one young player has really made it at the new aek. not one young player impressed over a longer period of time. if i think about it its really depressing.

its like we are not one step closer to being a decent team and two years passed. lets be honest this aek stands no chance whatsoever in the champions league qualification.

Archived