Phantis Forums

vardaris

I think the boycott by fans is a bad move. It will just make a bad situation worse. :tdown:

This is the same as what happened at the basketball. Now look at us. We just beat the vazelakia, and the team looks unstoppable, with 5 wins on the trot.

The message needs to get to Goumenos that he needs to leave the club, but again the problem is who would replace him ?? I don't think this Laiki Vasi will work either.

Soccer in Greece what a shambles. They need a salary cap and a draft system, otherwise forget it.

It's official. Representatives of 48 PAOK syndesmi from all over the world released a statement that they agreed to boycott the remaining home PAOK games, including games against Olympiakos, AEK and Panathinaiko.

Chris, where do you stand on this?

Normally I would be against such moves. However in this case I think PAOK fans need to send Goumenos some kind of a message that we don't agree with the way he runs the team.

There are many issues with Goumenos. Only this season Goumenos has created additional 10 million Euro in debt. And this is coming during a season, when he got a record number of season tickets. Also his player payroll has been reduced. He also managed to sign up a record number of sponsors. And still he has a cash flow problems. Players have not been paid for several months. From all indications he is siphoning that money into his other failed businesses that went bancrupt.

It appears that his main goal is to hold on as president of PAOK until he gets his hands on the new Toumba Stadium and sign that property to banks and real estate groups.

The thing is that Goumenos is following the same formula that Batatoudis was following. He is slowly destroying the team.

I think this is the best possible move to demonstrate that the essence of a team is not the management, but its crowd. The Club president shouldn't use the profits from tickets, competitions, sponsors etc, to pay off his previous failures and debts! I applaud your organised fans for taking such a hard decision. Everyone knows that the position of the organised fan is in the stadium supporting his team, so this must have been a very tough, yet well-thought decision.

I totally agree with you byzantinos.

Archived