Phantis Forums

A Theory that might work...

Athens4

The two teams in Salonika that are on good terms are PAOK and Kalamaria.

Would anybody agree with me if I said that these two clubs were to do what Halkidona and Atromito did and join as one. PAOK who has the fans and a decent enough(??) stadium and Kalamaria who doesnt have that many fans, has a good selection of players, and to be honest has a bad stadium. This could be done in the summer and players could trial. Then players that would not be needed could be sold and Kalamaris stadium could also be sold, therfore resolving some debt problems.

Anybody agree or have a different point of view?

I agree that this is a good theory. Not just for PAOK but for most teams. We have too many teams in Greece and not enough talent, so you end up with teams fielding second even third-rate foreign players. I think PAOK and Kalamaria proposition would work; I would still keep a Kalamaria team competing in lower grades as a feeder system for the youth team, and try to have a PAOK team with as little foreign players as possible. Get rid of Fuetchine (not committed to the club), Undeze (too slow and makes too many mistakes),

Greek soccer needs to face up to the fact that the competition is not a viable proposition as it stands. A consolidation of smaller teams, and a reduction in the number of clubs in the A Ethniki would benefit the game as a spectator sport, and would benefit the National team, as our local based players would be playing in a more competitive environment.

Goumenos is part of the board. Good luck. :LOL:

I don't see PAOK merging with anyone. PAOK is too big to and has long history to be able to go that route. Same goes Aris and Iraklis. I think Chalkydona/Atromitos type mergers are only possible between smaller clubs.

The two teams in Salonika that are on good terms are PAOK and Kalamaria.

Would anybody agree with me if I said that these two clubs were to do what Halkidona and Atromito did and join as one. PAOK who has the fans and a decent enough(??) stadium and Kalamaria who doesnt have that many fans, has a good selection of players, and to be honest has a bad stadium. This could be done in the summer and players could trial. Then players that would not be needed could be sold and Kalamaris stadium could also be sold, therfore resolving some debt problems.

Anybody agree or have a different point of view?

Now thats a good idea :tup: , unlike ur previous one.... :tdown:

not only would this be good for ur club but like someone else said, it would fix up the league if the majority of the teams did merge.....

question is would a club like Paok do it?? i think not....

paok4, people at PAE PAOK have no clue how to work a fax machine, and you expect them to be able to be open to new ideas?

PAOK is to big of a team to be merging with anyone. I can see Kalamria merging with Agrotikos Asteras, or Xanthi with Kavala. Not PAOK. PAOK fans for starters would never go for that.

If you really want to try, go to PAE PAOK web site and write them an e-mail:

http://www.paokfc.gr/index.jsp?extLang=LG

Archived