Phantis Forums

Heartbreak against PAO

ukchris

So, a couple of weeks ago, we were 2-0 up against Olympiakos in Nea Smyrni and lost 3-2. Last night, we were 2-0 up against PAO and lost 4-2! In fact, we were winning with seven minutes remaining.

Slightly heartbreaking, but let's look at the positives. Luciano scored his third goal in three games. And we've given quite a scare to top two teams. Obviously the players must have been disappointed to have given the late goals away, but we've shown we can compete against the best.

Now, let's turn this good form into two wins in our next two games, against Levadiakos and Kallithea - to really lift us clear of the danger.

Up the Panthers!

So, a couple of weeks ago, we were 2-0 up against Olympiakos in Nea Smyrni and lost 3-2. Last night, we were 2-0 up against PAO and lost 4-2! In fact, we were winning with seven minutes remaining.

Slightly heartbreaking, but let's look at the positives. Luciano scored his third goal in three games. And we've given quite a scare to top two teams. Obviously the players must have been disappointed to have given the late goals away, but we've shown we can compete against the best.

Now, let's turn this good form into two wins in our next two games, against Levadiakos and Kallithea - to really lift us clear of the danger.

Up the Panthers!

You know what my friend? That's the difference between Greek Soccer and lets say other soccer around Europe.... Other teams would've put the match away and played smart to hold the ball or even defend correctly to hold the lead or to add to it.

The more and more matches that I see on TV or live I see that alot of teams are set up sooooo wrong on the field tacticaly. It's sad

Other than that I can't really tell you why this is only happening to Panionios but of what I mentioned above I'm sure that it has a lot to do with it...

may i ask why there is so much interest in Panionios coming from the UK in these forums (im curious)

On my first visit to Athens with my then girlfriend (now wife) - whose family are Athenians (and PAO fans) I wanted to go and see a football match. The one we went to was Panionios vs AEK. Panionios won. That was in 2000. And I've been following them ever since (seen them play about 6 or 7 times).

Archived