Phantis Forums

A general question about you post 2003!

A general question about you post 2003! Whatever happened to these players regarding the NT?

Unsal Alpay Emre Asik Davala

Sas Sergen Tugay Penbe

Karan Sukur.

Between the end of Gunes's reign and the start of Terims, these experienced, solid pros never appeared tfor the NT? Why is this, I mean diudn't you need any of this skill, accomplishment or experience in the qualifiers or something?

Unsal Alpay Emre Asik Davala

Sas Sergen Tugay Penbe

Karan Sukur.

Hakan Unsal is playing for a low level premier division team in Turkey.

Alpay is still playing for the NT and unfortunantly was the layer to handball in the swiss game.

Emre Asik currently plays for Besiktas in the Premier Division.

Umit Daval???I dont know but he was doing Turkish Rap.....

Hasan Sas plays for Galatasaray and is returning to his best.

Sergen Yalcin plays for Besiktas.

Tugay plays in England.

Ergun Penbe plays for Galatasaray.

Umit Karan plays for Galatasaray and is currently the Premier Division top Goalsacorer.

Hakan SUKUR, plays for Galatasaray and is an influence in the first team due to his experience up forward.

Personally, I believe Gunes would have got you to Germany and I also believe that the 2002 team could have kept itself up until, tthe 2006 WC as you would have qualified with it, then after the WC would have been the time for the new players, once they had matured in friendlies for 4 years and at their clubs. What do you think?

Senol Gunes was good, i'm not denying that. BUT, he failed to qualify from Euro 2004, With him we went to the semi-finals and came 3rd in the world cup 2002. When Yanal came he put in all these youngsters and inexperienced players and thought it would be a breeze...YOOO!!! He stuffed up. N i reckon if Terim hadnt come, we never would have went into elimination round of qualifying.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived