Phantis Forums

Buying a player.....

nightsurfer

Well it's easy guys...

You don't look first, if the player can run up and down for 120 minutes...

No, you don't...

First you check the base.. things

1. Can he stop the ball ?

- But watch out.. .stopping the ball means, if you stop that damn thing.. the ball should stay with you ... not slosh away from you half a meter and more...

2. Can he gave a pass ?

A pass means... when you play the ball... You should give it to your mate.. and not to the opponent... Also you play the pass .. to that space that the opponent has the longer way to run in order to get it...than your teammate..

3. Can he lead the ball..., without.. looking at it.

----I mean lead the ball... and the eyes are looking to the game (your teammates / opponent) not to the ball

4. If the above are checked and acceptable...only then you look if he can run at least for 90 minutes....

Because then you have a team that can play football.. , constructive football..

I m not coming now after the 0:4 in Salonica... I came much earlier about this problem.....

I m reading some forums.. not here.. most AEKtzides think ... Santos.. can not give them a playing culture...

No that's not true.. if the player can't do the above points... so they can not play constructive football Mr Ivic.., Mr Nikolaidis and Mr Santos...

It's easy.. but you should do it....

And then you can have maybe a champion team.....

PS: They kept Xiotis for 4 years between the goalposts..., maybe I m expecting a bit too much from them...

Amen

In this context: Speed.... how does it go with Liberopoulos ?

If I would sit on the bench.. I would take Liberopoulos out.... I think he makes the game slow.... I think I m .. the only one who repeating saying this, while many AEK fans admire Libe.... But on Xiotis I was very long time alone too...

Can remember last saison... playing against PAOK at OAKA... after Libe was sent off... I think with Zografakis....

I was sure we will win the game... and we did it... having had open spaces upfront

I would put on Venglisky upfront .. I would put him in the middle.. Venglisky then can rochade to the left or the rigt chasing long deep balls played on the bottom...

and slightly behind

Cesar left........................... Lakis right

behind them in the center position Kone (we have lack of phantasy and technic)

The ball must be kept on the bottom... and played deep to open spaces... with a well organised team and re-grouped adeaquately.... (I mean the whole team must move accordingly.. to take advantage of the terrestiel situation... and to close the gapes...

Then I would put Canko... ... Katsouranis... controlling from behind

............. and Emerson.. a kind a Libero of the midfield...

The I would put Cerillo right wing back... and would let Dellas / Alexopoulos playing in the center... and in the next games I would introduce Tziortziopoulos in the backs...

(For what did we hire Dellas.. if he s sitting on the bench?... We would have better hired a good side back..)

Would like to see how we would look like ?

PS: You adapt the system to your avalaible players.... not the contrary...

In this context: Speed.... how does it go with Liberopoulos ?

PS: You adapt the system to your avalaible players.... not the contrary...

I agree with your comments and I believe I have voiced them in the past... but your subject was "buying a player"...

and that is one of the first things I look for and added it to your list....

as for Venglisky I dont think he will work out unless we change our system....

Archived