Montreal_Thrillos

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wouldn't mind bringing Rivaldo back to the club

i mean he has his great moments

the problem is the wage he is earning each season which is 2 million a year

and he does miss quite a few games due to injuries as well

but if we can come to some agreement and not put him as the focus point on the pitch

then i think we can keep it

it will be interesting to say the least

but wut Olympiakos management must understand is to do wut is best for the club don't resign if it is just to please the fans

• 2 weeks later...

i hope you do give him a 3 yr contract

a 3 years contract is too much

unless its not guranateed and there are incentives invovled

anywayz u would think Pao would be happy for Ribbo to leave but i guess they like taking it up the ass cause he has always F***ed Pao lol

This is not a question about keeping a great player but it's more of a financial thing to the team..

I would LOVE to keep him on the club and possibly retire (who wouldn't) but this is where Kokkalis has to do some "number crunching" and figure this out. I would prefer to actually give this guy some sort of "major" bonus for playing and scoring w/ the club and really put some $$$ towards bringing in some young guy.

No matter what, He's the man he neeeds to stay

What will keeping him around for one more year actually do for the club? Add stability? Skill at that particular position?

If the intent is to keep him around until a replacement could be found then I think Oly is a little late. They should have been thinking that a long time ago...say in the last few exits from the Champions League.

I don't think money is the central issue here. I'm sure Olympiakos have made a sizable return on their investment in Rivaldo. Would bringing him back benefit the club and does he really fit in with Sollied's plans? This past year Sollied didn't really have a choice in the matter. This year he does. It'll be interesting to see what he decides to do.

Personally, I'd sign him up for another year and use him to convince other talent to come to Greece to play.

What will keeping him around for one more year actually do for the club? Add stability? Skill at that particular position?

If the intent is to keep him around until a replacement could be found then I think Oly is a little late. They should have been thinking that a long time ago...say in the last few exits from the Champions League.

I don't think money is the central issue here. I'm sure Olympiakos have made a sizable return on their investment in Rivaldo. Would bringing him back benefit the club and does he really fit in with Sollied's plans? This past year Sollied didn't really have a choice in the matter. This year he does. It'll be interesting to see what he decides to do.

Personally, I'd sign him up for another year and use him to convince other talent to come to Greece to play.

Hypothetically speaking if all remains as is at the moment

our 4 midfielders for next season could be Rivaldo , Stoltidis, Toure and Marco Ne

i mean its a great mix between young and experienced

but again Sollied wants to play 4-3-3

if all goes well i would actually want Rivaldo move to the striker Position and take a pay cut cause he can still finish and has great touch on the ball

i would actually like to look for a midfielder with a left foot in the midfield over the summer

cause i know this is hard to say but i don't want Djordavic being a starter on this club

i think he can play an essential role as a role player

but look the goal for the club in the summer is to revamp the entire defensive line

i want a entirely new line period i want youth and speed on the rb and lb and i wouldn't mind experience players at the CB position

but the defensive line is the key !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 goal for the summer

can we keep him just for the foul shoots and the games against pao????the last two games he has scored two great goals for us.keep it up ribo!!!!!! :nw:

We need to ask UEFA if we can use him as a super-sub :LOL: :LOL:

:nw: He might be 34 but he is a LEGEND :nw:

i don't know if anybody remembers the OSFP v Lyon 1-4 game

there was one sequence that many ppl though Rivaldo was done

Rivaldo earned a free kick and he took it so poorly then Juniho comes down gets a free kick and he finishes it

i mean its so ironic and now Ribbo seems to have found second life

hopefully he keeps it up and does it v Xanthi

Hypothetically speaking if all remains as is at the moment

our 4 midfielders for next season could be Rivaldo , Stoltidis, Toure and Marco Ne

i mean its a great mix between young and experienced

but again Sollied wants to play 4-3-3

if all goes well i would actually want Rivaldo move to the striker Position and take a pay cut cause he can still finish and has great touch on the ball

i would actually like to look for a midfielder with a left foot in the midfield over the summer

cause i know this is hard to say but i don't want Djordavic being a starter on this club

i think he can play an essential role as a role player

but look the goal for the club in the summer is to revamp the entire defensive line

i want a entirely new line period i want youth and speed on the rb and lb and i wouldn't mind experience players at the CB position

but the defensive line is the key !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 goal for the summer

[/b]Unless we change our formation there is no way we could drop Kafes! He offers way too much to the team! Marco Né has got his work cut out because I've seen him, and though he's promising he isn't as good as Kafes!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

as long as he makes goals from free kicks i am all for him to stay.

Ribbo can still play with the best of him

he doesn't need to be the best all the time

we can still build a young strong team with him on the club

he would be a good influence on any new youngster

Keep RIbbo

if we lose ribbo in the summer we should sign Konskataio from PAO.

after all Vardinotsigouni did say Opios theni na pai ston olympiakos as pai"

LOL

remember were not Pao here

the only reason the signed Conseiasco is to counter the Ribbo signing

and well we all know how that worked out lol

i hope management and Ribbo makes the right decision to stay

Olympiakos#1

On Tuesday, head coach Carlos Alberto Parreira will announce the squad to face Russia on March 1, in the only friendly arranged by Brazil ahead of the World Cup.

Zagallo refused to reveal any names in advance, but veteran forward Rivaldo - currently at Greek side Olympiacos - is expected to be in the party.

I wish it were true

but i do not trust CAP and Zagallo

They are just talking, and will call again their favorites mostly from SP and other payasos

(Etherwise called sacred cows)

They will not call RIbbo, and Argentinian are happy about it, i guess

I will be very happy to be wrong

I still pay for it and hope the miracle will happen and he will be in the CUP or at least in the friendly agianst Russia

On Tuesday, head coach Carlos Alberto Parreira will announce the squad to face Russia on March 1, in the only friendly arranged by Brazil ahead of the World Cup.

Zagallo refused to reveal any names in advance, but veteran forward Rivaldo - currently at Greek side Olympiacos - is expected to be in the party.

i hope its true

and i hope he gets burn if he does make the team

Archived