Phantis Forums

Other Greeks

loup

Lazaridis played for the Australian-Greek Club West Adelaide before he went to West Ham. After a couple of years he moved on to Birmingham.

When he was young and was playing in the NSL for West Adelaide Hellas he was such a gun. You could tell from back then that he was a special player. I've got some DVD's of him playing, there CLASSICS!

• 4 weeks later...

Jason Koumas is Greek Cypriot but born in Wales. When both countries called him up he picked Wales!

:gr:  :gr:  :gr:

I have on question.. You wrote that both contries called him up, i just wondering, Do you need both passport from Greece and Wales to be called up?

:gr:

Cypriots are cypriots, not greeks we now have different nationalities so hence we are different do you see any cypriots in this greeks abroad section or new about the cypriot national teal under the greek international team news blah blah blah..... get it clover ;)

independent governments doesnt mean they arent greek thats bullshit. cypriots are a greek people, but they are autonomous.

Ti asholise me auton ton m#$%!?

Regardless of what a person's political beliefs are, personal attacks will not be tolerated in these forums.

Consider this a fair warning.

I'll give this topic another shot, provided we can stay on the subject. Political conversations have no place in these forums. For that matter, use the forums next door

Ti asholise me auton ton m#$%!?

Regardless of what a person's political beliefs are, personal attacks will not be tolerated in these forums.

Consider this a fair warning.

I'll give this topic another shot, provided we can stay on the subject. Political conversations have no place in these forums. For that matter, use the forums next door

???? You call a players origin a political discussion?

Ok, let's all go to the politics board to discuss Masmaniadis' origin. We could do it right after we talk about the War in Iraq.

:blink:

masmanidis is of greek origin :gr: like all u greeks who are not born in greece

koumas is of cypriot origin

bides is cypriot

kostandinou is cypriot

okkas is cypriot

zagorakis is greek

liberopoulos is greek

etc

etc

anyways we can take this argument further by saying there is no such thimg as a real greek blah blah blah

but greeks are greel and cypriots are cypriots we are different <_<

masmanidis is of greek origin :gr: like all u greeks who are not born in greece

koumas is of cypriot origin

bides is cypriot

kostandinou is cypriot

okkas is cypriot

zagorakis is greek

liberopoulos is greek

etc

etc

anyways we can take this argument further by saying there is no such thimg as a real greek blah blah blah

but greeks are greel and cypriots are cypriots we are different <_<

Cypriots are Greek in language, culture, religion, mentality, and soul! They are as Greek as Cretans, etc.

soul?? mentality?? language??

soul.... you cypriots are always disrepecting the "greeks". one day u are swearing at us next day u love us- cypriots are the ones who have differentiated us so.... u have cypriot souls

mentality.... have u been to cyprus, yes we do have similarities like we do have similarities to the turks

language.... again have u heard the cypriot language- to tell the truth it sounds more like turkish than greek- yes u do speak greek only because u learn it in schools

Guest GRE-CYP

The Cypriot language came from Ancient Greek language, if u new ne thing about Greek History, and it aint that hard to understand Cypriot if u speak Greek than u can jus bout speak Cypriot.

soul?? mentality?? language??

soul.... you cypriots are always disrepecting the "greeks". one day u are swearing at us next day u love us- cypriots are the ones who have differentiated us so.... u have cypriot souls

mentality.... have u been to cyprus, yes we do have similarities like we do have similarities to the turks

language.... again have u heard the cypriot language- to tell the truth it sounds more like turkish than greek- yes u do speak greek only because u learn it in schools

Thank God that 99% of the Hellenic world doesn't think like you. You should be ashamed to air your distorted views.

they dont otherwise i wouldnt express this view, but you cypriots should understand we are different..... but im sorry to say its your faults for this negative view many of us greeks have on you cypriots..... i dated cypriot girls and i have been to cyprus, infact i go into alot of trouble just because im greek.... this view has been backed up by the attitude and behaviour of cypriots.. sorry guys but we are different

they dont otherwise i wouldnt express this view, but you cypriots should understand we are different..... but im sorry to say its your faults for this negative view many of us greeks have on you cypriots..... i dated cypriot girls and i have been to cyprus, infact i go into alot of trouble just because im greek.... this view has been backed up by the attitude and behaviour of cypriots.. sorry guys but we are different

The only Greeks (from main land Greece) that Greeks (from Cyprus) hate, are Junta (and their supporters), the mitsotaki family, and Greeks like you. No wonder you get in to trouble in Cyprus with your attitude.

:gr: :gr: :gr:

I have to refute your opinion, my biggest concern is the following; the local community in the UK have a detrimental opinion about all Greeks due to the fact in the 50's and 60's Cypriots were involved in scams like prostitution, what the Turks and Albanians are doing now is what the Cypriots did then. Unfortunately, due to that, I as a Greek nowadays have to face casual comments by the Brits who have no understanding of the difference between GREEKS and CYPRIOTS

Archived