Phantis Forums

Aggelos Basinas (Portsmouth)

slick13

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Choutos was loaned out by Inter to Reginna. He started the match and was subbed in the 70th minute with Reginna down 3 -1.

It's nice to see Basinas finally see the field after so much time out. He came on after halftime at 0-0 and the game finished 1-1. Not sure how he played though.

• 2 weeks later...

another highly impressive win...basinas helped mallorca to a 2-1 victory at home to Real Madrid...basinas played the whole game and looked pretty good..mallorca have been moving up

Since he's signed they've been brilliant! :nw:

Real Madrid should have signed him to bring a balance to the team because they sure need a good holding midfielder. But then again, PAO are crazy for letting him go!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

• 2 weeks later...

Another tie - vs Villareal played 88 minutes

Since he has been in the starting lineup - 2 wins 2 draws 0 losses and they moved pout of the cellar to 5th last place - not giving all the credit to Angelos but it is impressive - bravo :tup:

Another tie - vs Villareal  played 88 minutes

Since he has been in the starting lineup - 2 wins 2 draws 0 losses and they moved pout of the cellar to 5th last place - not giving all the credit to Angelos but it is impressive - bravo :tup:

Hi Loup,

You're right it is impossible to give Basinas all the credit, but I've been saying it for years, Basinas is one of the best holding midfielders in EUROPE! What he does well, he does VERY, VERY WELL! Not only does he protect the defence but he rarely loses the ball and his passing range is impressive!

Did you see the Real Madrid vs Arsenal game (1st leg)? Real Madrid were being torn apart because they kept losing the ball in the defensive midfield area, and Graveson couldn't protect the back 4 properly with his abysmal positioning. If Basinas was in that game Reyes wouldn't have had the clear run through the team in the first 2 mins, neither would Henry have been given the space to jog through the team. The point is, while Basinas is not a midfield match winner, like Ballack, he provides the perfect protection to allow players like Ballack to play. His passing ability also allows him to release the playmakers. You can never understate the importance of a Basinas-type player.

Mallorca have a number of playmakers but before Basinas they had no top quality defensive protection. Since his arrival, Mallorca (a relegation threatened side) have beaten Real Madrid and drawn with Villareal, both Champions League sides! Speaks volumes for him!

BRAVO RE ANGELE PAIHTARA!

Another tie - vs Villareal  played 88 minutes

Hi Loup,

You're right it is impossible to give Basinas all the credit, but I've been saying it for years, Basinas is one of the best holding midfielders in EUROPE! What he does well, he does VERY, VERY WELL! Not only does he protect the defence but he rarely loses the ball and his passing range is impressive!

Did you see the Real Madrid vs Arsenal game (1st leg)? Real Madrid were being torn apart because they kept losing the ball in the defensive midfield area, and Graveson couldn't protect the back 4 properly with his abysmal positioning. If Basinas was in that game Reyes wouldn't have had the clear run through the team in the first 2 mins, neither would Henry have been given the space to jog through the team. The point is, while Basinas is not a midfield match winner, like Ballack, he provides the perfect protection to allow players like Ballack to play. His passing ability also allows him to release the playmakers. You can never understate the importance of a Basinas-type player.

Mallorca have a number of playmakers but before Basinas they had no top quality defensive protection. Since his arrival, Mallorca (a relegation threatened side) have beaten Real Madrid and drawn with Villareal, both Champions League sides! Speaks volumes for him!

BRAVO RE ANGELE PAIHTARA!

Ethnikistis Very good written, I can just agree, He´s one of the best on his position

basinas played an excellent game...i had a spanish friend of mine call who watched the game and said he was very impressed with basinas and that he is the key piece keeping mallorca up

this does well for both the Greek league and especially for the Ethniki

i mean we all forget at one time Basinas was one of our top 5 players in the ethniki w/o a doubt

but he basically went half a year with no club training now he has that

we are looking good for European qualification

• 2 weeks later...

With so many foreign based players - Amantidis- Angelos- Gianakopoulos and Samaras (pre-injury) on form imagine how exciting it would be to be waiting for the World Cup if we had qualified

ah re file, are you trying to get me depressed? What might have been...

Maybe the PAO fans who wanted him out, after the brainwashing from Tzigger, will think twice, but probably not... <_<

When I was defending Aggelos, during PAO home games, I had to fight the ungrateful idiots :tdown:

Basinas is very lucky to go somewhere where he can flourish and make some $$$.

He deserves both, and he had no future at PAO, with this kind of owner. :angry:

PEACE

• 3 weeks later...

Tight standing at the bottom

14 Racing 31 7 12 12 26 35 33

15 Espanyol 31 8 9 14 30 46 33

16 Alavés 31 7 11 13 31 45 32

17 Mallorca 31 7 11 13 29 45 32

18 Real Sociedad 32 9 5 18 40 58 32

19 Cádiz 32 6 10 16 25 44 28

20 Málaga 32 5 8 19 31 53 23

4 home games -Not a bad schedule for the remainder