Phantis Forums

"Toure"

REDmagic

Toure is a good player but how good can he get :1eye:

The websites have ranked him the 3rd best talent going around and have put an 8 million euro label on him but with Copa Africa and the World Cup coming up in the next 6 months with some good performances the sky's the limit :o

I would keep Toure for next years Champions League and buy 2-3 good players to build around him (get rid of 3-4 old payers from the squad) and then sell him this time next year for around 20 million euro B)

As a die hard Olympiako supporter this is exciting time for our club and I hope the comittee :whistle: make the right choice when the time comes.

:nw: :nw: TOURE :nw: :nw:

What do you guys think?

:nw: OLYMPIAKE EISAI 8EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :nw:

with toure being a great transfer this year for osfp and with the good games he had so far plus the copa africa and world cup games coming up i believe it would be really hard to keep him in greece.since he is young it would be great building a team around him that can dominate in future year but i don t know,he has being with us for six months and already i have heard interest from teams like milan-man utd k.a.

i agree from the old guys keep  rivaldo and djordevic

okkas, geiorgatos.. kostoulas.. anatolakis.. mavrogenidis have to go !

We must keep Okkas because he has shown this year that he can offer a lot to the club plus he will be 29 in a couple of months B)

As far as the players we need to get rid off old and crap this is my list:

Boulit,Anatolakis,Pandos,Maurigenidhs,Sourer,Gewrgatos,DANI(kreas)

Lets hope our comittee has woken up :whistle: after all these years of some bad signings :tdown:

i agree with you that osfp needs to start rebuilting a new team but that has to happen slowly.first you got to find the players you need and sollied propably has some guys in mind from greece and other places,then you got to mold them in our team and give them time to improve and understand that they are playing for one of the top teams in greece and then you conquer the world.older guys in our team should be leaving slowly and not getting rid of them all at the same time.you need to have a good plan otherwise you end up becoming pao.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I read about a report that has Toure on a shortlist of the 10 best young players

and him ranked #3

thats all gravey to me

if Olympiakos is smart they should put Toure in a position where he is to succeed b/c if he does meet his potential we can be rewarded quite a big sum of dollars

in the perfect world

Toure can have a great WC and Olympiakos builds the team around him so he can play for the club one more year

if he does great then we can sell him and with that money build a team

This is the only way Olympiakos or any other team that is not in the big 4 leagues can compete

Hopefully Sollied will be granted with more freedom on choosing his players with a budget that is flexible

if he can bring in talent like Toure or close to it each season the club will finally not only have domestic success but European success

but lets relax and not overhype him just yet

he still got alot to prove

and we can't be quick to sell him

l;ook at Pao

they sold Seitards for 2 mill and then Porto sells him for 10 in a year later

we need to be patient

and we can't be quick to sell him

l;ook at Pao

they sold Seitards for 2 mill and then Porto sells him for 10 in a year later

we need to be patient

This is the KEY.

Wait until after the World Cup. If he doesn't perform well, so be it. If he performs great then you can go from there.

I say keep him. Buy Sifakis from OFI for Giannou , money and a couple of players and start to build the new Olympiakos

Toure is a good player..........top 3 taletns in world, worth 30 million (like Sollied said) come on......thats exaggeration like no other. This is like me saying David Beckham is in the top 10 best footballers, anybody who watches the game knows thats simply not true. Exaggeration.

just out of curiosity- you guys are talking about the new OSFP..........

do you expect the new OSFP to have immidiate results? or take time to build?

(im curious because our team is rebuilding yet PAO fans in these forums still expect to win every game like we were Barcelona or something were not)

ok this discredits everythign for me

Freddy Adu- #4.........do people ever see this kid play? i have and i can tell you there are 18 year old kids on PAO, OSFP who are BETTER than that lump of crap!!!

HE IS NOT THAT GOOD. HE IS AVERAGE AVERAGE AVERAGE !!!!!!!! Seriously the kid is NOT that impressive, hes completley funded marketing project for the MLS. There are kids in america his age better than him that arent getting him the chance. Did anyone see the Ronaldo vs Zidane? The kid didnt even to be in the stands! and the other players were sitting there hardly trying!!!! (and its not like Freddy Adu wasnt trying you saw he was, because this probably be the only time hell be playing with such good names seeing how he BLOWS,)

The same was said about Katsouranis after Euro 2004....he was supposed to attract all this attention, and he stayed in Greece......Then, he went to the Champions Cup in Germany this summer, and his performance was disappointing....the same could happen to Toure....but, if he plays well, then Olympiacos will be in the drivers seat!!!!

Toure is a good player..........top 3 taletns in world, worth 30 million (like Sollied said) come on......thats exaggeration like no other. This is like me saying David Beckham is in the top 10 best footballers, anybody who watches the game knows thats simply not true. Exaggeration.

just out of curiosity- you guys are talking about the new OSFP..........

do you expect the new OSFP to have immidiate results? or take time to build?

(im curious because our team is rebuilding yet PAO fans in these forums still expect to win every game like we were Barcelona or something were not)

your right at the moment Toure isn't worth 30 million but Olympiakos is willing for any takers to buy at that price lol

Toure hasn't done enough to warrant that type of money

i can forsee him being sold between 15-20 million

30 would be the highest it goes

only quite a handful of teams have money like that to buy transfer fees like taht

he will probably end up in Chelsea

i mean his Brother is in Arsenal both are london teams

Gia Gia is suppose to be better like Chelsea is better then Arsenal right now lol

toure was listed at third position on eurosports list of upcoming talents. sure he is great, but i couldn't say that he is one of the best younsters out there (zairi wasn't even mentioned).

anyway. i think even 20 mio would be the highest price we would get for him. i expect something around 10mio if we sell him after the world cup (except he does great stuff).

but it would be even better to have him in our roster for another season at least.

Freddy Adu- #4.........do people ever see this kid play? i have and i can tell you there are 18 year old kids on PAO, OSFP who are BETTER than that lump of crap!!!

i believe he is 16 and he playes well for his age.plus pele said some good worlds about him that is why he is number 4.but you are right there is some major promotions from companies behind all that.

HE IS NOT THAT GOOD. HE IS AVERAGE AVERAGE AVERAGE !!!!!!!! Seriously the kid is NOT that impressive, hes completley funded marketing project for the MLS. There are kids in america his age better than him that arent getting him the chance. Did anyone see the Ronaldo vs Zidane? The kid didnt even to be in the stands! and the other players were sitting there hardly trying!!!! (and its not like Freddy Adu wasnt trying you saw he was, because this probably be the only time hell be playing with such good names seeing how he BLOWS,)

Drako,

The thing w/ ADU is that he is an awesome player. What the matter w/ him is that he's playing in the DUMB A** MLS.... You and I know that the MLS is crap and no-one gives a rats-a** of what really happens in that league. His parents made a HUGE mistake of making him stay in the US and having him play at DC United. What ADU needs is great talent around him in order to become something like Robinho.... (Please don't think that he's that kind of player right now because he's not) BUT to make a long story short... I've seen him play and he's a great player and has tons of room to grow but unfortunately he's at the wrong league and club...

QUOTE (drakos13 @ Dec 27 2005, 12:38 PM)

Drako,

The thing w/ ADU is that he is an awesome player. What the matter w/ him is that he's playing in the DUMB A** MLS.... You and I know that the MLS is crap and no-one gives a rats-a** of what really happens in that league. His parents made a HUGE mistake of making him stay in the US and having him play at DC United. What ADU needs is great talent around him in order to become something like Robinho.... (Please don't think that he's that kind of player right now because he's not) BUT to make a long story short... I've seen him play and he's a great player and has tons of room to grow but unfortunately he's at the wrong league and club...

I agree with evalagoal about Freddy. He is good, though I think more of the hype is based on the American media and the US Soccer Federation trying to play this kid up for everything he's worth and then some. He's gotten it done at the U17 and U20 world tournaments, though it'd be intresting to see what he could do if he played on a good team in a Big 5 league. That being said, I've lost a lot of respect for him after his feud with Coach Nowak at DC United. It was unprofessional, and while the club was right to suspend him for a playoff game, considering he never (to my knowledge) aplolgized publically, I hope he dosen't become another douche bag a la Sanmartean or Castillo.

I also think MLS is a little underrated in terms of quality and respect. We definately aren't a big 5 league by any means, but I think we're comperable to the Japanese and Korean leagues, along with mabye the Danish, Belgian, and other weaker leagues (dare I say Ethniki A considering how our Euro campaign fared this year). We'll always be a "feeder league" in terms of sending talent to bigger leagues, and even then we've held our own against big teams (DC-Chelsea, Chicago-Milan etc.)

Back to the topic, if Toure is as good as promised, provided he has a very good World Cup, I wouldn't sell him for less than 15 mil. Euro. I'd also keep him if you can, as it'd be nice to have talent to work with after 80% of your team is gone to Florida within 3 years. :P It's fustraiting to think of how awesome PAO would be if they had kept most of the Greek NT they had on the roster (Nikopolidis, Fyssas, Kyraigos, Goumas, Karagounis, Lybe etc.) :( :blink: :ph34r:

I also think MLS is a little underrated in terms of quality and respect. We definately aren't a big 5 league by any means, but I think we're comperable to the Japanese and Korean leagues, along with mabye the Danish, Belgian, and other weaker leagues (dare I say Ethniki A considering how our Euro campaign fared this year). We'll always be a "feeder league" in terms of sending talent to bigger leagues, and even then we've held our own against big teams (DC-Chelsea, Chicago-Milan etc.)

our league talent is so diluted

we need to go into a 12 team league

so its more competitive where players are basically fighting for roster spots

as for the Kastouranis situation i mean look he may not be that hot commodity that AEK thought he might be but look he is a solid player and plays for AEK

i realy hope we hang on to toure as long as we can... unless we get an offer in above 20mil.. if not i realy realy hope we hang on to tis guy for many years to come...

listen if we can't sell him at the price we think he is worht then we shouldn't

fact is we need a player like Toure young talented and ready to hit his peak

if we can't sell him then lets build a team around him

this summer will be very key for us

i mean lets not also forget that if we do intend to sell Toure we must have players ready to play on our team

we can sell him for money yes but then we won't be ready for the 2006-2007 season

hopefully Sollied finds more jems like Toure over the summer

if the price is right we should sell him. i don't think he would like it that much either if we keep him just because we want an insane amount of money. it would affect his performance too.

i don't remember the money aek was offered for katsouranis (wasn't it something about 5 mio?) but it came from a german club and normally they don't spend that much money on new players and 5 mio would have been the most they would have gotten from a team in germany.

anyway, toure would be nice to keep him for some years and when he has become the key player of our team in the near future we could sell him for a very good amount of money. even though he plays great right now i think he has to still learn some thing and could become even better.

Archived