Phantis Forums

Stelios to return to Olmpiakos?

Fenerlondra

In some of today's British newspapers, it was reported that Stelios would welcome a move back to Olympiakos. The Bolton player has only been at the Reebok for a few months but claims his heart is still with the red & white faction of Athens.

Any news on this in Greece? Also, what are your thoughts? Would you want him back or should he stay and continue to represent Greek football in the EPL...?

I think this item of news was denied by Bolton Wanderers who insist Stelios will stay with them for the full three years of his contract.

Personally, I like to see Greek players getting recognition and - why not? - a transfer to a foreign club. The experience they get is invaluable plus they lose some bad habits that talented Greek footballers develop after hours... ;)

DAMMIT....DONT COME BACK TO GREECE AND RUIN YOUR CAREER STELIOS.....greek football is pretty good but lets face it, we need players getting good experience and stelios is starting in one of the, if not the most competitvive league in the world....stay there and show the world what greeks can do....

• 3 weeks later...

Well my spin on it is like this. He is playing well and representing Greece. Experience wise he is gaining and losing, seeing as Bolton have no affairs in europe so although mixing it up with the best in England, no matches against teams like Juve, Real Madrid etc. This isnt exactly a bad thing seeing as though he has played at least four years in europe now. Experience however has ceased to be a factor in this sort of decision. Remeber Stelio is no spring chicken and is about to embark into the autumn of his career. I dont think he will be returning to Greece any time soon, the fact of the matter is, if he doesnt return to Greece next year or the year after, i dont believe he will playing for us ever again and that is the main contention here. Still you never know, football is a strange game. After all if you had told me this time last year that Greece would qualify directly to Euro 2004 i would have laughed at you......

• 4 weeks later...

Archived