Phantis Forums

FIBA WORLD BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

According to the betting odds:

Greece +11 -101 +540 OVER 163 -106

USA -11 -109 -600 UNDER 163 -104

Spain -3 -105 -145 OVER 158 -105

Argentina +3 -105 +135 UNDER 158 -105

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The semi final will be a great game. Greece play defense about as well as anybody in the world. Their coach is a very good friend of mine. We knew each other as young men and now we're a little bit older. He's someone I admire. They are a championship team. They play with that type of solidarity, and we're going to have to play older, because they are a strong and mature basketball team."

Krzyzewski looks ahead to going against Greece and an old friend.

"Greece are a very good team who've played together for a long time now. We have to have the same mindset we had in the second half today but play it for 40 minutes. We'll have to take care of business and win that game."

Lebron James shares his thoughts ahead of the semi-final game.

"We are very happy to be in the semi finals. We played very well - especially on defense - and when we had open shots we made them."

Greece guard Dimitrios Diamantidis sums up today's win against France very briefly.

"We'll probably play against the USA (quote before USA game) and this means going up against the best players in the world but we're not nervous. It's my first time against them but we are among the top four teams in the world and we are very happy knowing this."

Diamantidis plays down the significance of going up against Team USA in the semi finals.

"My players came out really concentrated and really wanted to win this game. They made very few mistakes. I congratulate my players because they put their ego aside for the team."

Greece head coach Panagiotis Yannikis has high praise for his players.

"Greece showed tonight they are a better team than the French team. We were very nervous at the start of the game. We lost our confidence too. I think we were scared, not by the opponent but by ourselves. I was surprised to see our team, who normally play quite easily, to play such under big pressure. "

France head coach Claude Bergeaud has a very clear view of what happened against Greece.

"We tried to built the team without Tony Parker after he got hurt. I'm not sure he could have helped our team much tonight. Our players were very poor in the paint offensively and we didn't make a lot of free throws."

Bergeaud explains that Parker would not have saved the day for France.

"We are really disappointed because we didn't play our best. We didn't start the game as we did in past games and we didn't find the right way to play for the entire game. That hurt us a lot tonight."

France point guard Aymeric Jeanneau points to a bad start as the key to France's loss.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

USA-GREECE and Spain-Argentina games have had their gametimes switched. Now, USA-GREECE will be on at 3 hours earlier and Spain-Argentina 3 hours later. USA-GREECE will be on 3:30 am east coast United States and Spain-Argentina at 6:30 AM.

All because USA team requested a time change...

USA-GREECE and Spain-Argentina games have had their gametimes switched. Now, USA-GREECE will be on at 3 hours earlier and Spain-Argentina 3 hours later. USA-GREECE will be on 3:30 am east coast United States and Spain-Argentina at 6:30 AM.

What a bummer. No way I'll get up at 2:00am to watch the game.....but I probably will.

Why do they feel they need the time change I wonder (probably mind games to establish who calls the shots even before the game, or is it to do with Las Vegas gambling)! To return the favor I think drug tests for all USA palyers should be requested from the Hellas side. This ought to send them scrambling ;)

Edited by gcp

What a bummer. No way I'll get up at 2:00am to watch the game.....but I probably will.

Why do they feel they need the time change I wonder (probably mind games to establish who calls the shots even before the game, or is it to do with Las Vegas gambling)! To return the favor I think drug tests for all USA palyers should be requested from the Hellas side. This ought to send them scrambling ;)

maybe the time change was done for better ratings in the USA...who knows..

its always about money at some point

Drug test the Americans, would be awsome... half the team would get benched :D

ESPN article on Greece-USA game:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/col...%26id%3d2567266

ESPN Final Four Preview:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?p...champsfinalfour

American Associated Press article on Greece-USA game:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BKO...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

CBS article on Greece-USA game:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/9629811

Edited by plato-ny

To proto imixrono teliwse.Ellada-Ameriki 45-41 Malista paidia!

The mental aspect once again has overtaken speed and the general superior athletic qualities of the US. 3:30am and I hope I am witnessing a miracle in the making :gr: