Phantis Forums

FIBA WORLD BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Yes sir, I could only wish Germany could beat the U.S.

Won't happen though, it's OK Greece can take it to them if they play nearly perfect basketball. ;)

yeah I'm sure we could go up to 2nd place....

but who knows? maybe we will beat USA!

semi f. :

argentina-spain

usa-greece

final:

argentina-greece

I feel like USA will be upset at the end.

Greece over USA for the final.. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

wishes.. wishes.. wishes.. :whistle: :la:

Pou'se re Tourke file? I was expecting you'd be holding one of those :gr:

Are you pulling a Houdini on us or are you too busy eating crap sandwiches? :LOL:

another good win.. we trailed once at 0-2 & never looked back.. impressive...

the gap between the USA & the rest of the world has closed drastically & anything can happened especially since we've improved so much..

Let's not forget we are the defending Euro champs :gr:

USA 85 : 65 Germany

Our preferred opponents failed.

VIVE LE BLEU (the original and Best) :gr:

that's ok because now we have the opportunity to beat the best team! :tup:

We do have a chance vs. the Americans..

Recently they've been looking a bit slump and they haven't scored like they were scoring in the begining of the tournament...

I think that the way to beat this team is by slowing the game and let them shoot the outside jump-shot. They are not an outside shooting team and we have to let them die-by-it.

As far as an inside game when they go for an inside drive or lay-up I think that our men need to toughen-up and get the offensive foul from these guys.

I believe that if this happens we have a great chance of beating them..

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

first of all, i believe that greece team can get USA game if they improve themselves. USA will obviously be more tough than us and France, however, they are not unbeatable anymore. Representing the europe (with spain) and being our neighbour, will be cheering for Greece. Don't know why but I do not want to see USA in the end..A blue-white final might be more interesting. Still, Turkey is lying at my heart :) They will be better in 2010 tournament...and also, thanks to babel fish and allgreektome websites..no more difficulties in apprehending some Greek friends' bad statements in Greek. I suppose it is just redundant to retort insult for insult. So, be the force with you vs USA.

first of all, i believe that greece team can get USA game if they improve themselves. USA will obviously be more tough than us and France, however, they are not unbeatable anymore. Representing the europe (with spain) and being our neighbour, will be cheering for Greece. Don't know why but I do not want to see USA in the end..A blue-white final might be more interesting. Still, Turkey is lying at my heart  :) They will be better in 2010 tournament...and also, thanks to babel fish and allgreektome websites..no more difficulties in apprehending some Greek friends' bad statements in Greek. I suppose it is just redundant to retort insult for insult. So, be the force with you vs USA.

You are not talking about my post are you? Pouse re Tourke file means "where are you Turkish friend"? In case the internet translation did not do my statement justice. No insult was meant at all. And BTW my post was meant for GS1905. Edited by gcp

You are not talking about my post are you? Pouse re Tourke file means "where are you Turkish friend"? In case the internet translation did not do my statement justice. No insult was meant at all. And BTW my post was meant for GS1905.

wasn't for you..was generally speaking..i am sure you agree with me, isn't it disrespectful..sorry might be a little bit sensitive but whenever the issue is Turkey, comments are being shifted into Greek. just annoying not to have a clue about what somebody tells in his/her post.

Finally the game that most of us were expecting.Greece-Usa and in my mind is going to be hard not but not imposible to beat Lebron and co.Like one guy posted earlier:SIKOSE TO,TO G.......,DEN MPORO DE MPORO NA PERIMENO :gr: :gr:

definitly not impossible

remember guys - USA has not had to play any big teams yet.

Germany is, was CRAP and USA struggled in the begining.

Slovenia is decent...as well as Aussie....

but the rest?

We have taken on Lithuania, Turkey, France now so were capable. Were also in very good form. Starting well agains the USA will be huge...we have to upset their mentality...

also if you live in australia- GET TO JAPAN NOW!!!! OLOI MESA!!! :gr:

definitly not impossible

remember guys - USA has not had to play any big teams yet.

Germany is, was CRAP and USA struggled in the begining.

Slovenia is decent...as well as Aussie....

but the rest?

We have taken on Lithuania, Turkey, France now so were capable. Were also in very good form. Starting well agains the USA will be huge...we have to upset their mentality...

also if you live in australia- GET TO JAPAN NOW!!!! OLOI MESA!!! :gr:

I watched the USA - Germany game today and all I could see was our blue/white flags everywhere. Makes the heart skip a beat or two does it not?

I will enjoy it immensely if Hellas beats the NBA superstars on Friday.

semi f. :

argentina-spain

usa-greece

final:

argentina-greece

Are you pulling a Houdini on us or are you too busy eating crap sandwiches? :LOL:

mate, I'm here ;) and did I say Greece can't beat France!! I SAID GREECE CANT BEAT US and MY STATEMENTS ARE BASED ON B-BALL REASONS!! but this is sports and anything can happen on any day but I still think it will be an ARG-USA final..

just my opinion..

btw, I was holding :gr: during EURO 2004, don't worry!! :tup:

semi f. :

argentina-spain

usa-greece

final:

argentina-greece

mate, I'm here ;) and did I say Greece can't beat France!! I SAID GREECE CANT BEAT US and MY STATEMENTS ARE BASED ON B-BALL REASONS!! but this is sports and anything can happen on any day but I still think it will be an ARG-USA final..

just my opinion..

btw, I was holding :gr: during EURO 2004, don't worry!! :tup:

Truth be told my mind says one thing but my heart says another. Hellas all the way...for emotional reasons!! :tup:

I am glad you were holding the :gr: at 2004 but I am so miffed with the Greek football national team since then I don't even want to think about it. What utter lack of professionalism, if not respect for themselves and us fans!

Be cool,

Edited by gcp

It will come down to who dictates thier style on their opponent.

BUT we don't play slow plodding ball like others think - we play the best defence I have seen at any level of basketball- it is amazing, swarming but not too risky.

The US's small lineup has many good ball handlers - so if they go with James, Wade and Anthony we must beat them down with Paps and Big Sofo.

The point guard comparison will be huge

Paul and Hinrich had O turnovers today - that number has to be a lot higher

We definately have a chance

Sikose To :gr: :gr: :gr: