6 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rank George Best?

• Top player of all time
    • In the top 5
    • In the top 10
    • A very good player
    • A decent player

• 3 weeks later...

Never having seen him it would be quite difficult for me to comment on where he would stand on an international level against some of the best in the world.

However, to speak of a player in the same sentence as a Maradona, Pele, Cruyff, Van Basten, Socrates, Zidane, Ronaldinio...I think you really have display a talent that is far reaching. That go beyond what words can describe sometimes. To take your team, whether it be at club or national level and elevate it to something beyond expectation every time you step on the pitch...I think that player has to be something special.

Did Best do that? I don't know.

Now I may be wrong on this but he always struck me as a guy who made a fair amount of his reputation on what he did for Man U during the 60's.

I suppose ultimately it's for people's personal decision.

• 1 month later...

he was a good player and he played some great soccer but he wasn t 100% focused at his game.he was like maradona with the deference that one won a world cup and was more resent news while Best was back in the 60s and he had a drinking problem.i saw some highlights of his carrer and he had crazy skills and he could be one of the greatest but booze was the enemy he never beat.

Archived