Phantis Forums

aek -paok

dave22222

I am not saying they will get a result, but Zagorakis did not play against OLY and we won. It will be a tough game. I wouldn't be suprised if we win, or if we take a beating.

I am really dissapointed so far. When Kostikos took over everything looked bright and now we look the same as before when Karageorgiou was in charge.

Good Luck to both teams!!! At least we can see the game here on ANT 1 Sat

for starters

will the gipedo be packed to the max since it will be a month till AEK fans get to see there team again and it is against a rival

tough game to predict

i say a draw cause another loss to Paok and oh s%$#! for them lol

but again players are mad at management for not paying there wages so u don't really know

Zagorakis needs to show his leadership right now

from what i read Zagorakis is injured...something about his ribs and so i Feutchine.

I might be wrong but that is what i read yesterday.

Probably a little over 20k fans. We will see.

AEK will win...and I'm not saying that because I am an AEK fan, but the truth is that AEK has been playing better and better throughout the last 6 games and PAOK has come off a loss and their win against Akratitos last week htane me to zori and towards the end of the game.

Pffft ! This was low level food.... . Junk Food... or better said .... Junk Foot(ball)

No rythm... no play without ball...no much technic... no much constructiveness in the forwad game...

No wonder Greek teams can't be successful in Europe.....

AEK won because they wanted the victory more than PAOK....

PAOK reminded me ....the PAOK of Bajevic.... Catenacio of the 80ies.... ????

As per my opinion... PAOK had the better technical football players in their rows...but they have chosen to play an old fashioned Catenacio.... With such players... a Coach must follow another philosophy on the pitch....

So PAOK sat behind.... AEK had no any Football players... but only cratfmen.... without any imagination and technic (the only one is Lyberoplous...but Gosh... he's sooooo slow...he can't do the difference...but only when the ball comes to him in the penalty box area...once it came to him...but awkward Sores was in his way..) and so AEK made themselves their life very difficult....

PAOK did not even put a single foot in AEK's penalty box area... with their first lucky shoot... after 20 minutes.. the ball found in the upper triangle the nets...

AEK was very lucky to have equalised so fast.... if not we could have lost the game...

As PAOK sat behind like in the 80ies...and AEK was showing its slow and complicated - poor on imagination forward game.... PAOK had more spaces upfront ..and they were always dangerous... when they could pass the middle line....

Soares acts very awkward... and he even did not head the ball properly...on the 2 : 1 from 3 meters... but to his and our luck.. the ball found the nets...

Imagine that in the last 15 minutes, we had lost the control in the middle field...with empty spaces..like in the universe.... although PAOK came from their European duties.....

And because our will was stronger for the 3 points than PAOK's ... we won the game.... Thanks God

Cesar showed some class... but I think we won't keep him...

A game to be forgotten as soon as possible....

I thought Soares and Katsouranis had good games. Cirillo was solid once again. PAOK didn't do much in the 2nd half (Salpignidis was invisible). It just looked like AEK wanted it more and we just kept attacking. One question: where was Dellas? I thought he was going to get his first start today?

Clear weakness in greek football; very sloppy play, but that's not somthing new. I hardly saw any good passes made by anybody, decent crossing and the long balls always went to the defense. Whenver the play is in the middle of the field the ball goes behind of the player making a run or nowhere near him and the player is supposed to be receiving the ball ends up in 1v1 scenario in order to get the ball. Neither team could string any passes. Panathinaikos is the only team I've seen in Greece that could string passes.

Other than that aek took advantage of dead balls, while paok prefered the counter.

Paok's greatest weakness, corners. both goals against them were scored off corners. Bad marking and sloppy clearances. That's the only reason why paok lost.

However,

I have to admit that Cirillo should have been red carded for a kick on the face of a PAOK player.

It was a very unfair decision that most probably could affect the result in such a match.

I think that Terovitsas chickened out. Well we dont need this. I prefer when they play us fair and square.

However,

I have to admit that Cirillo should have been red carded for a kick on the face of a PAOK player.

Don't buy that propaganda... from the Green-Red corner....

The first because now... there is a difference of 6 points... and the seconds because their advantage is only 1 point...

I was listening last night to ERA "Pesto elefthera"... and they were talking for 2 hours (the people, who called)... nonsense: Their motto was : H AEK eunoite...

Even the newspaper wrote that bullishit about Cirillo....

Yes I support AEK.. but I m fair...

I have here already state my opinion that AEK was helped by the referees but not yesterday..

The facts or FIFA rules says:

Dangerous Play with Body Contact (on this situation Head).... direct free kick

Dangerous Play without Body Contact... indirect free kick... so in this case in the penalty box area... when there is no body contact... you must not give Penalty but indirect free kick...

Yesterday it was a clear fact...

Cirillo aim was not the head of the PAOK player... but the ball.... and he touches the Polish player....

He got a yellow ... and PAOK a direct free kick...

This are FIFA rules....

Would Cirillo would have aimed only the HEAD... (no ball near)... then this would be an absolute RED Card... and I would have welcomed 10 Sundays Ban...

Remember how Asunsao was fined last year ?

But Cirillo wants to play the ball.. and he touches spectacularely the opponents head.....

80% of Greek Football followers (not conneisseurs because there aren't many in Greece) are deeply biased...and they don't know the rules...nor much about football... What the know... is talking for hours about 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.. or 3-6-1 and so on ..and so on...

Because would this of Cirillo would be a red card..... so Vangelis of PAOK should also should have seen a clear 2nd Yellow.... clearer is not possible.... When Tsanko on the counter attack.. has been brutally fouled from behind with no chance for the ball...

(No second yellow ..why ? )

And Secondly.... also a PAOK player with dangerous play.. .touches the head of an AEK player... nearly as highy as Cirillo (was not looking so spectacular on the slowmotion)...and he also did see a yellow card... which was a correct decision...

So in this case would Cirillo have seen a red card.... so 2 PAOK players should also have seen red....

I repeat, most Greeks down there don't know much.. and are biased as Prawda used to be before...

Archived