Phantis Forums

UEFA TEAM OF THE WEEK

TheCity1924

The article actually mentions the fans ban. Plus it mentions that Demi took did not appeal the ban on principle.

To answer your sarcastic question, UEFA is honoring the team because of the amazing turn around it has made since last year. The fact that they took care of the debt, the academies they are building, the success in the league last year and this year so far have persuaded UEFA to choose AEK.

By the way, I think UEFA knows a lot more than you do on what the criteria is. So keep the sarcasim to yourself.

How is the time bizarre?

UEFA also has an article on the Super League and how the Greek league is trying to curtail the violence at the stadiums.

Stadiums not AEK games but all games.

I see no relationship with the managment aspect of the team, the players and the coach, with the fans violence.

Very touchy guys

What I am trying to say and what is obvious is that to call a team "team of the week" in a week when they - do not play in European competition - they beat a mediocre team - their fans are part of fan violence - to me sounds strange. These are the achievements of the team that had best week? Really

Now don't get all touchy - I actually like AEK, and admire and appreciate everything Demis has done as a player and management, I also love how they have focussed on returning talented Greek players to their team instead of chasing around has been foreigners looking to retire. And if you look at anything that I have written on fan violence you know that I absolutely love what Demis is doing to curb it out. BUT NOT TEAM OF THE WEEK

Archived