• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GO THE AUSSIES!

:P

MY BLOOD IS GREEK!

BUT MY HEART IS WITH AUSTRALIA!!!

Gonna be a nuts game.

I will be making the trip down to Melbourne from Sydney to see this.

Will be wearing my Australian jersey holding a Greek flag :P

Each to their own.

I will never support anyone over Greece.

ZHTW ELLAS! :gr:

But, if the match is played then the Greek players better play or they will be humiliated.

They will be steam rolled and then we ALL have to put up with the negative side of us Greeks. I can imagine how it will go down throughout the kafeneio in Athens:

"we are the European champions and we didn't try hard against the kagaroudes and we didn't want to win and we are a small country and the Australians wear yellow shirts and our girls have tighter k0lous than everyone else and this distracts us, some of our players were tired because they played a Greek Cup match against Thrasyboulos apo thn triti kathgoria, the referee was from Iceland and we all know how they didn't give us any 12 points at the Eurovision kai mas zileuoun and the Australezes p0utanes aren't like the Roumanes bla bla bla..."

You people get my drift? You're all pretty bright on these forums. You sit there and you know how to type and converse with the rest of us. Most will have to agree that we are the sorest losers and some of the ficklest people in the world, but when we are winning we ride the wave all the way.

This is the ugliness and pettiness of us Greeks. Instead of realising that we are without peers in this cynical world, we give all the doubters justifications.

anyway bla bla bla....ZHTW ELLAS! :gr:

Guest Protathlitis7

GO THE AUSSIES!

MY BLOOD IS GREEK!

Gonna be a nuts game.

you've got to be joking

Iam in Greece now but i will be in aus for this game

its gonna go off!!

These days the atmosphere at ethniki games is like an ekklisia

there will be 50,000 Greeks and we will creat one sick atmosphere

'ELLAS THRYSKIA KAI STHN AUSTRALIA'

'WELCOME TO MELBOURNE, GREECE'

'WELKOM TO YOUR NIGHTMARE AUSRALIA'

###### I hope we rip out a tsonda somehow

5-0 GREECE

GO THE AUSSIES!

MY BLOOD IS GREEK!

Gonna be a nuts game.

you've got to be joking

Iam in Greece now but i will be in aus for this game

its gonna go off!!

These days the atmosphere at ethniki games is like an ekklisia

there will be 50,000 Greeks and we will creat one sick atmosphere

'ELLAS THRYSKIA KAI STHN AUSTRALIA'

'WELCOME TO MELBOURNE, GREECE'

'WELKOM TO YOUR NIGHTMARE AUSRALIA'

###### I hope we rip out a tsonda somehow

5-0 GREECE

5-0?

Too bad the ethniki couldn't beat Albania 5-0.

Otherwise they might of been along side Australia in the world cup :P

2-1...

Bresciano & Culina...

Also there will not be 50,000 Greek supporters mate.

Last week when we beat Uruguay there was 75,000 proud Australian supporters, lucky if 15, 000 Greek supporters even turn up.

To be honest I would prefer a draw, we'll make me happy.

:gr:

And all you so called Greek supporters who live in Australia and are born in Australia grow the hell up. Honestly last time I checked it's the country im born in that has given me such a great opportunity in life. NOT GREECE!

Dont get me wrong, Hellas will always be in my heart aswell and I embrace my background & culture.

But I find it so pathetic that all these kids in Australia cannot accept the fact that they Australian not Greek.

To all the Greeks in Greece, goodluck and let the best team win.

And respect for supporting the country you are born in.

HELLAS OLE!

birth is a physical tranistion out of the womb---who gives a s%$#! on what imaginary lines (any nation) its actually in, its meaningless. The blood and culture one is born with (culture raised with rather) is a billion times more significant.......(technically i should say any positive number, it wouldnt matter since the significance of what physical location u exited the womb from would be worth 0) so dont tell people theyre australian because it was their parents decision to move/abandon ship there :P there - if they could have found good jobs in Greece they would have stayed and it would all be different. Someone does not turn australian because their father had to find a job there.... (sorry if thats not making any sense)

more importantly:

our leontaria will ravage the kangaroos.........

2-0 with Mantzios and Giannakopoulos scorer

AGOSTINO, Paul (TSV 1860 MUNICH - Germany)

ALOISI, John (ALAVES - Spain)

BOLTON, CLINT (Sydney FC - Australia)

BRESCIANO, Marco (PARMA - Italy)

BROSQUE, Alex (QUEENSLAND ROAR - Australia)

CAHILL, Tim (EVERTON - England)

CHIPPERFIELD, Scott (FC BASEL - Switzerland)

COLOSIMO, Simon (PERTH GLORY - Australia)

COVIC, Ante (HAMMARBY - Sweden)

CULINA, Jason (PSV EINDHOVEN - Netherlands)

ELRICH, Ahmad (FULHAM - England)

EMERTON, Brett (BLACKBURN ROVERS - England)

GRELLA, Vince (PARMA - Italy)

GRIFFITHS, Joel (NEUCHATEL XAMAX - Switzerland)

KALAC, Zeljko (AC MILAN - Italy)

KEWELL, Harry (LIVERPOOL - England)

KISNORBO, Patrick (LEICESTER CITY - England)

LAYBUTT, Stephen (KAA GENT - Belgium)

LAZARIDIS, Stan (BIRMINGHAM CITY - England) :gr:

MCKAIN, Jon (FCU POLITECHNICA TIMISOARA - Romania)

MILICEVIC, Ljubo (FC THUN - Switzerland)

MILICIC, Ante (NEWCASTLE UNITED JETS - Australia)

MOORE, Craig (NEWCASTLE UNITED - England)

MUSCAT, Kevin (MELBOURNE VICTORY - Australia)

NEILL, Lucas (BLACKBURN ROVERS - England)

NORTH, Jade (NEWCASTLE UNITED JETS - Australia)

PETKOVIC, Michael (SIVASSPOR - Turkey)

POPOVIC, Tony (CRYSTAL PALACE - England)

SCHWARZER, Mark (MIDDLESBROUGH - England)

SKOKO, Josip (WIGAN ATHLETIC - England)

STERJOVSKI, Mile (FC BASEL - Switzerland)

THOMPSON, Archie (MELBOURNE VICTORY - Australia)

THWAITE, Michael (FC NATIONAL - Romania)

VIDMAR, Tony (NAC Breda - The Netherlands)

VIDUKA, Mark (MIDDLESBROUGH - England)

WILKSHIRE, Luke (BRISTOL CITY - England)

That's what use are up against pethia! B)

Guest Protathlitis7

You obviously have NO idea

Heidelberg vs South Melbourne got 12k and that was only for a game in the VPL and these days people dont go to our games because we arent Greek enough anymore

there will be 40-50k Greeks there dont worry. I know my football and I know my football crowds wtc.

yeah to bad about the world cup then again I think Denmark, Turkey, Ukraine and Greece are all better than australia who only managed to beat the 5th best team in South America on penalties

this is what I dont like, aussies getting cocky just because they have made the world cup after years of humilliation.

As for our 'Greekness' as opposed to our 'Aussieness' you have no clue. Drakos went half way to explaining why your post made barely any sense

for F***s sake how many Greek internationals werent even born in Greece? Papadopoulos, mavrogenidis, Amanatidis. coming to australia doesent change my ethnicity or mean that my or my childrens loyalty to Greece have to change

as if being born in a country is the be all and end all. :whistle: what an argument

ELLAS THRYSKEIA KAI STHN AYSTRALIA

IF this match happens then i hope Euro Greece show up and beat Australia 2-0...

some people talk about greece being the biggest "braggers" and "sore losers" but if u have lived in Australia for atleast 5 years you will find out that the Aussies take the cake for "braging about there minor achievments e.g winning the Rugby union world cup" and being "sore losers when they lose by acting like they dnt care when u know they do losing the rugby world cup".....

drakos13,

I detect a recurring theme in your posts of late. Jumped ship... abandoned ship... jumped ship...you are sounding like a whining and ugly school girl.

Hey, if it makes you feel like a real man to have a go at people's predicaments when will we start reading your attacks on the Cubans who "jump" into the waters for Miami or the poor Mexicans who leave everything behind so they go across the border.

Be a real man and start attacking the repressed, the indigent and the desparate of other countries. Maybe the Kurds can have the "pleasure" of your opinions.

Just a question, what is so interesting and obviously shameful about people wanting to stay in a place where they can have a better future?

Has this got anything to do with your mama getting her heart broken by a strapping young Greek sailor who promised to return to her after deflowering her and staying in Australia?

drakos13,

I detect a recurring theme in your posts of late. Jumped ship... abandoned ship... jumped ship...you are sounding like a whining and ugly school girl.

Hey, if it makes you feel like a real man to have a go at people's predicaments when will we start reading your attacks on the Cubans who "jump" into the waters for Miami or the poor Mexicans who leave everything behind so they go across the border.

Be a real man and start attacking the repressed, the indigent and the desparate of other countries. Maybe the Kurds can have the "pleasure" of your opinions.

Just a question, what is so interesting and obviously shameful about people wanting to stay in a place where they can have a better future?

Has this got anything to do with your mama getting her heart broken by a strapping young Greek sailor who promised to return to her after deflowering her and staying in Australia?

Ouch!!!

but i also do detect a betterness against the aussies... in particular Greek-Australians...

question is what is your problem Drakos??? :nono:

i personaly think your one of the "better" posters of this forum with Intelligent and Precise remarks/opinons... However when it comes Greek-Australians (i am one of them) u tend to do a 180 and your posts become Unreasonable and Erratic towards Australia as a country.... why is that?

But, if the match is played then the Greek players better play or they will be humiliated.

They will be steam rolled and then we ALL have to put up with the negative side of us Greeks. I can imagine how it will go down throughout the kafeneio in Athens:

"we are the European champions and we didn't try hard against the kagaroudes and we didn't want to win and we are a small country and the Australians wear yellow shirts and our girls have tighter k0lous than everyone else and this distracts us, some of our players were tired because they played a Greek Cup match against Thrasyboulos apo thn triti kathgoria, the referee was from Iceland and we all know how they didn't give us any 12 points at the Eurovision kai mas zileuoun and the Australezes p0utanes aren't like the Roumanes bla bla bla..."

You people get my drift? You're all pretty bright on these forums. You sit there and you know how to type and converse with the rest of us. Most will have to agree that we are the sorest losers and some of the ficklest people in the world, but when we are winning we ride the wave all the way.

This is the ugliness and pettiness of us Greeks. Instead of realising that we are without peers in this cynical world, we give all the doubters justifications.

anyway bla bla bla....ZHTW ELLAS! :gr:

proof: attendance at our last 2 games @ karaiskaki

anyone who disagrees is blind to the fact. we must have the most bandwagoners out there so good thing the game will be in australia and dare i already make a bold prediction 2-2

IF this match happens then i hope Euro Greece show up and beat Australia 2-0...

some people talk about greece being the biggest "braggers" and "sore losers" but if u have lived in Australia for atleast 5 years you will find out that the Aussies take the cake for "braging about there minor achievments e.g winning the Rugby union world cup" and being "sore losers when they lose by acting like they dnt care when u know they do losing the rugby world cup".....

I agree 100% about how Australians turn real ugly when bragging about the insignificant sports like rugby and cricket.

Australia's competition in these globally insignificant sports is virtually zero. This is the very reason why Australia had to get into the Asian qualification zone for the WC.

However, the Greeks in Greece are equally as shameful with their attitudes.

I remember in the 1996 Olympics when Greece played Australia in the basketball and after they lost (read crushed by 41 points) they started with the excuses how they weren't trying and that they didn't mind losing against Australia as they wanted to avoid playing Croatia and that they got their preferred opponent by losing.

Well guess what happened next? Australia BEAT "the mighty" Croatia and Greece LOST to their preferred opponent the Lithuanians.

This annoyed me as not only did I have to hear the nonsense from the Australians about how they crushed Greece, but had to put up with the most pathetic of reasons and excuses from a defeatist Ellinismo lao.

Australians did not have a better team, they unlike our Ellas had a positive attitude.

DROPI!

I will say it again, if Greece does play Australia next year pre-WC then they better send their best team and be prepared to fight or they will go back home with a metaphorical blood nose.

ZHTW ELLAS! :gr:

I think we could take it 1-0 although it all depends on who's playing/who's injured, etc. If Dellas is back and healthy and ready to go, and Otto keeps playing the youths, then we could definitely do it. Guys like Salpignidis, Papadopoulos, and Amanatidis have to keep getting starts. If Basinas still hasn't found himself a team by then :whistle: , then I say drop him and bring in Stoltidis. Zagorakis, again not sure how he'll be by then. Giannakopoulos, obviously a lock. Karagounis, not so sure about.

Nikopolidis

Seitaridis-Dellas-Kyrgiakos-Fyssas (or one of the youths if they impress)

Giannakopoulos-Stoltidis-Katsouranis

Amanatidis-Papadopoulos-Salpignidis

SUBS:

Charisteas

Lybe

Karagounis

Zagorakis

Tavlaridis

Guest Protathlitis7

so dont tell people theyre australian because it was their parents decision to move/abandon ship there :P there - if they could have found good jobs in Greece they would have stayed and it would all be different.

drakos are you having a go at omogenia here because that is how Akritis took it???

I was born in australia and i consider myself Greek i am thankful that Australia is a land of opportunity, but the day i will call myself an australian is when rednecks out there stop calling me a wog, i remember when i was young being picked on for having a greek background i still have not forgotten those days and i was born here in australia, you know what drakos not every aussie out there consider us Aussies there are a few people out there who descriminate but they dont make it obvious like they used to in the old days,

What you need to understand is we dont live in a perfect world, there are still wanna be Pauline Hansons out there who treat and view ethnics differently, thats what i am talking about, My heart and my soul will always belong to GREECE no matter where i was born :gr:

As far as the soccer goes Greece will beat Australia if they bring there full squad and hopefully by then dellas is match fit,

I was born in australia and i consider myself Greek i am thankful that Australia is a land of opportunity, but the day i will call myself an australian is when rednecks out there stop calling me a wog, i remember when i was young being picked on for having a greek background i still have not forgotten those days and i was born here in australia, you know what drakos not every aussie out there consider us Aussies there are a few people out there who descriminate but they dont make it obvious like they used to in the old days,

What you need to understand is we dont live in a perfect world, there are still wanna be Pauline Hansons out there who treat and view ethnics differently, thats what i am talking about, My heart and my soul will always belong to GREECE no matter where i was born :gr:

As far as the soccer goes Greece will beat Australia if they bring there full squad and hopefully by then dellas is match fit,

Who didn't cop s%$#! when they were in school about being an ethnic.

That's just typical racist bullshit, and there's plenty of anglo-saxons in Australia that still think like that to this day.

But at the end of the day your an Australian.

Man honestly Im not gonna sit here and twist your arm to go for Australia, but the fact is that your born in Australian which makes you an Australian.

When you get married in the near future or maybe your already married, what will your kids be? Greek? or Australian?

I know it's hard to say your Australian megale I was just like you, but at the end of the day if you goto Greece you will be called an Australo!

Guest Protathlitis7

I am Hellenic, and no matter if I went and lived in the USSR or this country (which yes has a very good standard of living but also has MANY faults and as far as nations go will never measure up to Greece)

lol @ you continuing on with your "being born makes you australian"

its a very poor argument..

i will try to teach my kids greek, i know with every generation the 2nd language starts to die out, but i will try and avert this ;) .

The Greek language and history is the best in the whole world, and i am not being biased, whats not to like about our culture, there is just so much of it everyone regardless of nationality knows a little about our history hell half the english language is made up of Greek words :gr:

I thought bragging was an AMerican trait until I started watching - listeneing to- Engliosh soccer - at least Americans are obvious in their arogance

Anyway it is better than being apathetic - Canada - about everything

Apathetic......why because our Prime Minister told your monkey *ss President to f**k off on the war in Iraq?....Not to mention the war in Vietnam (Canada did not support the USA).

Bottom line is we are not apathetic....no matter what those trailer trash; honkey-tonkey; cousin-loving; redneck; ride-them-cowboy; good o'l boys brainwashing news channels (CNN & FOX) poison your minds with every night.

Canadians are bright individuals, who have built a country on helping each other not a system like the USA were "The strong destroy the weak"

I am so glad my parents arrived on the shores of Halifax than "America the beautiful"

Back to soccer....I could understand why some of you might be torn between Greece vs Australia/USA/Canada. I would probably show up with both the Greek and Canadian flag. Even though my Greek heritage has shaped me into the person I am today...I can not neglect all that Canada has offered myself and my family. Whoever left Greece between the 1950's - 1960's will understand my reasoning.

If you want to root for either Greece or Australia or even both....all of us in this forum should understand why.....I am not saying agree...but try to understand.

Hope it is a good game and is a building block to Euro 2008.

Guest Protathlitis7

I thought bragging was an AMerican trait until I started watching - listeneing to- Engliosh soccer - at least Americans are obvious in their arogance

Anyway it is better than being apathetic - Canada - about everything

Apathetic......why because our Prime Minister told your monkey *ss President to f**k off on the war in Iraq?....Not to mention the war in Vietnam (Canada did not support the USA).

Bottom line is we are not apathetic....no matter what those trailer trash; honkey-tonkey; cousin-loving; redneck; ride-them-cowboy; good o'l boys brainwashing news channels (CNN & FOX) poison your minds with every night.

Canadians are bright individuals, who have built a country on helping each other not a system like the USA were "The strong destroy the weak"

I am so glad my parents arrived on the shores of Halifax than "America the beautiful"

Back to soccer....I could understand why some of you might be torn between Greece vs Australia/USA/Canada. I would probably show up with both the Greek and Canadian flag. Even though my Greek heritage has shaped me into the person I am today...I can not neglect all that Canada has offered myself and my family. Whoever left Greece between the 1950's - 1960's will understand my reasoning.

If you want to root for either Greece or Australia or even both....all of us in this forum should understand why.....I am not saying agree...but try to understand.

Hope it is a good game and is a building block to Euro 2008.

forget about all that; we are all Greek :gr: to me its the most important thing in life!!!

Archived