Phantis Forums

F1 news

Iliana

• 4 weeks later...

Official: Fuji to host 2007 Japanese Grand Prix

Today it was finally officially announced that Fuji International Speedway Co. LTD and the Formula One Management came to an agreement where Fuji Speedway will host the 2007 Japanese Formula One Grand Prix, which will be held in October 2007, of the FIA Formula One World Championship. more...

no more Suzuka? :(

Iliana , telika den anteksa kai pira tileorasi gia na parakoloutho formel1 apo to rtl,dsf , blakeia tha itan apo tin stimgi pou eimai germany na xaso tetoies metadoseis (na sou po edo oti deixnoun kai ta eleuthera dokimastika ) kai reportaz :D

• 5 weeks later...

Prodrive to enter Formula One

The FIA this morning announced that David Richards' Prodrive was accepted as the latest Formula 1 entry as of 2008. Prodrive was chosen as it has the best combination of financial backing and motor sport experience. read more...

• 3 months later...

from formula1.com

Wurz lands 2007 Williams race seat

02 August 2006

Williams have announced their race line-up for next season, with third driver Alexander Wurz stepping up to replace Mark Webber as Nico Rosberg’s team mate.

It will be Wurz’s first full campaign as a Formula One race driver since 2000, his last of three seasons with Benetton. He subsequently spent four years as a McLaren tester before joining Williams at the start of 2005.

“My natural habitat is racing, so I couldn’t be happier to have received Williams’ vote of confidence for this job next season,” said the Austrian. “Of course I know the team well having been a part of the race programme at every Grand Prix this season, but now my role takes on additional responsibility and I am really looking forward to this.”

Commenting on the new line-up, team boss Frank Williams said: “Alex brings us important technical continuity and understanding of the car and as well as being an excellent communicator with our engineers, he is ultra-competitive during the Friday ‘full tank’ practice sessions. Alex will be a great racing driver for us as he is one of the few men I have seen in a wheel banging confrontation with Michael Schumacher and come out on top!

“Retaining Nico for next year was not a tough decision. He has shown great promise so far in his debut season and I know he will build on this with every race. As much as taking great pleasure in confirming Alex and Nico for next season, I must also commend Mark Webber for his contribution to the team over the past two seasons as he has been a credit to himself and Williams and has never let up in his pursuit of competitive success. I know Mark will give his all until the end of the season and we wish him well in his future arrangements.”

Webber has yet to make any official comment on his future plans.

Kubica to replace Villeneuve in Hungary

02 August 2006

BMW Sauber test driver Robert Kubica will become the first Pole to contest a Formula One Grand Prix next weekend when he stands in for Jacques Villeneuve at the Hungaroring. Villeneuve has opted to miss the race following his crash in last Sunday’s German round.

"Jacques has informed us that he is not ready to race after his Hockenheim accident,” confirmed BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen. “Robert has made an outstanding impression with the team so far, both in testing and on the Friday of the race weekends. Now we will see how he performs in a Formula One race.”

Kubica, 21, is looking forward to the new challenge: "I had prepared myself for a whole year without actually competing in any races, so I'm even happier to get this opportunity. And I'm proud that the BMW Sauber F1 Team has such confidence in me. I'm determined not to let them down."

BMW Sauber said they have not yet made a decision on who will drive the car either in the remaining races of the season or next year.

from f1racing.net

NOT OFFICIAL NEWS!!!

'Raikkonen signed five-year deal at Ferrari'

According to Finnish tabloid Ilta-Sanomat Ferrari has taken his option on Kimi Raikkonen to race for the Italian team next season. The Finn would have signed a five-year-contract.

The story is based on the Finnish tabloid's reliable sources close to Kimi Raikkonen. According to the source Raikkonen's contract is worth around 160 million euro and thus see the 26-year-old earn 32 million euro a year.

Michael Schumacher said in Hockenheim he will announce his future plans in Monza and it is very likely that Raikkonen's plans will be announced shortly after Schumacher's decision was announced.

• 1 month later...

MF1Racing sold

Midland F1 Racing has been bought by the M-consortium of Dutchman Michiel Mol, F1Racing.net can reveal. The deal will most likely be confirmed by the team at the Italian Grand Prix this weekend. It will also be unveiled what the exact role of Spyker is in the new team.

Michiel Mol and Midland had been negotiating for months after several setbacks before reaching an agreement just recently. What the team will look like exactly, is still unknown.

source

Piquet ready for step up

Nelson Piquet Jr faces a major challenge as he makes the step up from the GP2 Series to a full-time test driver role in Formula One. He teams up with Ricardo Zonta as Renault's test driver pairing for 2007.

"I am so happy to have signed as a test driver for the Renault F1 Team," said Piquet. "I have worked my whole life to get to this level and it feels like it is the start of the next chapter of my career."

"I am very much looking forward to working with the team and the other drivers," he added. "I know Heikki from GP2, Ricardo is a friend and both he and Giancarlo are very experienced, so I will be able to learn a lot from them. I will be putting all my efforts into working hard, learning everything I can and doing a good job for Renault so that I can help the team as much as possible."

• 11 years later...
  • 3 years later...