Phantis Forums

Greek soccer sucks...

iamjustanoob

By far one of the worst soccer leagues. I used to say we were 5th best in Europe, but now forget about it. Olympiakos and PAO are kseftiles. The only people to blame is management, by far.

Olympiakos and PAO are being run by monkeys who think they know soccer. Olympiakos needs to stop being the retirement plan for these European players. I wouldn't be suprised if they offered Maradona a contract.

The soccer fans of both these clubs should start to boycott them to let them know what a s%$#! product they have assembled. I really hope some little team from Greece wins the championship this year, like Skoda Xanthi.

Unless the mentality in Greece changes, nothing will.

Re m#$%!...

if skoda xanthi does win the league, they will automatically go through to champions league dont they?

could u imagine watching ESPN and you see SCODA XANTHI vs CHELSEA.. and there are 3000 fans in the stadium. Greek soccer will be a laughing stock in whole Europe.. Unless we can make the excuse that we're playing behind closed doors because of a fan - ban.

But you are definately right.. Greek soccer sucks penis. PAO, OSFP, AEK, PAOK... very stingy clubs.. we will never see a Ljunberg or an Eto'o play in greece - unless they are 50 and have minor heart failures

:LOL:

mate, tell me when greek soccer was ever good?

i dont want to talk about how ridiculous the greeks teams are, but they are in europe i must admit, but we can never compare OSFP or PAO to the likes or barca, real, arsenal, man utd, inter etc etc. our soccer will never be like theres, so we cant go and start saying that greek soccer sucks b/c "monkeys" run our clubs.

greek soccer will never be big b/c its reputation is crap, therefore, it will never rise. we can only dream of having a strong league unfortunately.

first off if Ksanthi made the CL the stadium would be PACKED with the entire city and it would be in Toumba because their stadium doesnt meet requirements.

the whole problem im seeing with Greek league and Greek press is that we belittle ourselves. True, Etoo is better than any player in Greece. The foreign leagues are better. So then the mentality is to get those players and coaches from those leagues and bring them here where they SUCK. Biscan? Zahovic? Paoulo Sousa? Dani? Conceicao? Sollied? Malesani? Signori? Rivaldo? Shurrer? Eki? These players dont live up to half their expectations. We have some seriously promising talent in the league and they are the only ones who shine. The products of our league are so much better (or at least perform better) than the GARBAGE we bring from abroad. The problem is we dont appreciate what is good in Greece because we are stuck thinking that if it is from europe it is that much better!

For example: People in Pireas flipped a s%$#! when they got Dani--- but if they had gotten a way more promising player like Ogunsoto, or even when they got Xaris Pappas nobody cared. The truth is those players are better. If you look at them as names no they dont compare. OSFP and PAO fans expect big signings from abroad so there team can be great in europe......IT DOENST WORK. the best players that play best in greece and in europe are from the league or have spend a few years developing in the league (ex Vazexa, Olisadebe, Henriksen, Djole) !!!!!! its been like that througout history.....in 2001-2002 who were PAOs players that were playing so great? Fyssas, Gkoumas, Kirgiakos, Henriksen, Nikopolidis, Seitaridis, Karagkounis, Basinas, (Kolkka- rare exception) Konstantinou, Manolis, Lyberopoulos......Vlaovic had some runs but lost it...he was probably the best name siging to actually end up performing in greece...

its not about spending money its about stupid fans who will only go see games if there are onomata who arent as good as the locals! The greek league level of play isnt bad its the management inside thats failing with this mentality! Why do you think PAO and OSFP cant find too many easy wins in the league this year? Because players in OFI, PAOK, Kalamarias are pretty close to them in skill!!! The reason why there not excelling/beating us more than usual is over-respecting teams like PAO, OSFP......

for example Kallithea blew a 2-0 lead on PAO.....they couldnt stay composed and respected PAO too much and instead of continuing to press some they panicked and defended for their lives......PAO was playing awful if Kallithea kept the pressure they would have won or at very least tied.....

in 2001-2002 who were PAOs players that were playing so great? Fyssas, Gkoumas, Kirgiakos, Henriksen, Nikopolidis, Seitaridis, Karagkounis, Basinas, (Kolkka- rare exception) Konstantinou, Manolis, Lyberopoulos......

For the last 3 years, my position has been, that these were our best players and team. :tup:

I have been attacked for this, by the "know all" Vardinolovers, which call themselves PAO fans... :tdown:

NOW you people finally see the light?... ;)

PEACE

For the last 3 years, my position has been, that these were our best players and team. :tup:

I have been attacked for this, by the "know all" Vardinolovers, which call themselves PAO fans... :tdown:

NOW you people finally see the light?... ;)

PEACE

im not attacking you for saying these players were great......

my point is that they were raised by A ETHNIKI! we need to have faith in our kids because beleive it or not they perform BETTER than the worthless international "onomata" who truly dont care to be there!

I did not name anyone ...

They know who they are.

You know you are not one of them.

We both agree, that if we had kept the Greek NT at PAO,... with the $$$ we pay the "NAMES" we would be able to have a much superior, younger and ambitious team.

I understand losing some players that want a change. What PAO did, was a complete overhaul, thus losing great talents in the name of change.

Galinovic, Morris, Torghelle, Munch, Manolis... Are the kind of imports we should be focusing on. They want to stay at PAO, are affordable, and will give 100%.

Seric, and Gonzo are pricey but worth it so far.

None of them will beat the passion our young Greek :gr: sons will play with, for PAO.

Mantzios, Tziolis, Darlas, Leontiou, and our past great, Karagounaros, Giourkas, Kyrgiakos, Bassinas, even Fyssas.

PEACE

people are angry, but on pao standards (not the other teams in greece) we have had a very good transfer season, our team is very string with good players that are worth playing but everyone sees them as sh*t because no one is ever satisfied...so what if we advance in the CL...will there be this much bitching...honestly, the greek soccer systemneeds to change, but pao has done a good job...we have recruited some very good young generation greeks and some quality foreigners... this transfer season and team has eben much better then the one in the recent past....

so..we lost 5-0 to barca at the camp nou...barcelona are the top team in europe and the world...pao is not, this has to be accepted....there are only two pr three teams in europe that i would say can consistantly run with them...everyone should just stop bitchiing and accept the facts..pao has a good team..we need more glue to gel the team toeether but this year we have made much prgress even though sometimes it doesnt show in our results....the problem is, too many people look to the short run and running a football club is much partially a long run proccess...

too many people look to the short run and running a football club is much partially a long run proccess...

This guy knows what he's talking about...

In addition...

Most of you are haters. :tdown: There are simple explanations for the lack of potency from Greek teams in Europe this year. After our Euro 2004 success owners across Europe began to seek Greek talent and we saw a mass exodus of key players from our major clubs. Instead of filling that vacumn with young Greek talent we pay unreasonable salaries for foreign 'big-name' players looking for a warm climate to play out their remaining years.

Archived