Phantis Forums

whats eleni danilidou doing at the moment

AEK GIA PANTA

just want to find out from anyone who would know what eleni is donig now like where she's playing/played or where she will play.

also want to ask to those in melbourne whether or not they will go to aus open once again to support eleni and whether anything is planned eg: musical instruments like a drum(small) or streamers/toilet paper, normal paper to chuck at her entrance and when she wins. would there also be any colour coordination like blue and white, big hats like swedes wear or greek soccer fans wear in greece those jester hats or any big greek flag if anyone can find one to drape over oursleves like they do in greece with the big flags? also wondering if the fans would do the OLES that they do in greece when a team wins?

would also like to know if you will also come down to support the greek guys who have to qualify. it would be good if many greeks turned up to chant and support them they really appreciate it. i went 2yrs ago with 2 of my mates and where supporting both of them and after game thanked us all and where really appreciative.

yeah i know i'm just talknig about the ole's after game finishes and she wins and we all hold hands up and go nuts and she does it as well.

another thing that's prob more importnat is somehow organise with eleni or someone to hold tickets for us if she happens to go to finals and plays on rod laver arena so we don't have same thing as last yr with no one there.

in short, the usual core crew will be there again, like last year.

it would be nice to be a bit better organised, and we must make more of an effort to co-ordinate chants. But most of us now know the chants, and quite simply, those who wanna make a decent atmosphere will do so.

the match against serena last year was a shame, as none of us were there, and the contrast was apparent compared to her previous match, against Decy where we all went nuts.

im in for supporting the qualifiers too.

well if all om21 come and others who came last yr it will be great again. and yes we will be better organised with chants since we will have learnt them from last yr.

the more at qualifiers the better. don't expect as much as eleni but even a few is great.

we have to do something to not have repeat of serena match last yr. how good would it be if a greek guy goes through and plays and australo or swede or dutch on vodafone arena or show courts.

• 2 weeks later...

icedearth man i hope you and your mates come down should be great to see people from interstate come to support eleni and mark they would greatly appreciate it trust me.

as for tickets well 1st week pretty easy to get into eleni matches since she plays on outside courts but 2nd week if she happens to go through is harder with the main courts being less tickets available.

a tip get there early to get the ground passes which is for outside courts and vodafone arane for whole day and about $25 this is because eleni could play early in morning like 10am and many get these ground appses so you dont want to miss her game. as for mark well much difficult to get in cause all australians/corporates go and plays on rod laver which is main court and nearly sold out every time. you should get in early and try your luck for mark. but you should definitely get in for eleni for 1st week.

if you happen to come over join us fans who will be chanting/ jumping up and donw, with flags, tops etc as the more people wh oare there to chant and make noise the better we look and probably get recognised as much as swedes.

Archived