Phantis Forums

AUSTRALIA V URAGUAY

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Aussies are lucky Schwarzer was in form. Could have easily have been 2-0 which would have buried the Aussies once and for all. Regardless, they are a chance to get through but Im hoping that Alvaro turns it on in Sydney. Im confident they will be dangerous on the counter-attack and will do enough to get through.

Hopefully Archie Thompson gets a game again...hahahahaha

to all the haters its all over Recober :LOL:

U R Gay have the divine right to kiss my a$$

just out of curiosity why does everyone hate uruguay so much?

Spitting, kicking off the ball and scratching have been some of the tactics used by Uruguayan players for as long as I can remember to upset the oposition. What a waste, considering the undeniable talent they have.

Congrats to our fellow commonwealthers: Now if only Canada could take soccer a bit more seriously :rolleyes: !!! Our NT is pathetic and needs a lot of work. I predicted Australia to do it, the y have good players and can knock the ball around. The played well at the Confeds Cup, even though they lost all games. Gus Huudink can gel this team and have them ready for Germany.

ahahha ti exete eseis oi EllinoAustraloi? Your calling the Uruguyians dirty, yet you have b-grade hacks like Popovic elbowing ppl when the ball is 2 metres away? Or Cahill trying to trip people up when he is trying ot run to position?

Congratulations on the win....but you are just as bad as Uruguay and have showed that the 'Aussies' have no class.

ahahha ti exete eseis oi EllinoAustraloi? Your calling the Uruguyians dirty, yet you have b-grade hacks like Popovic elbowing ppl when the ball is 2 metres away? Or Cahill trying to trip people up when he is trying ot run to position?

Congratulations on the win....but you are just as bad as Uruguay and have showed that the 'Aussies' have no class.

hahahahaah i dont understand OM21 didnt u watch the game yesterday?

Why do u live here?

U cant support the country that supports u?

If u dont like australia piss off!

Posted Image

Australia won and rightfully deserved it!

You are looking at the results of being provoked. The Uruguyans took gamesmanship and dirty tactics to new lows last night.

Paolo Montero struck Cahill in the face 2 minutes before Popovic (who in my opinion is a hack) took revenge on El Chino Recoba. It was tit for tat.

Australia are and were the better side in both legs.

I do concede that El Chino Recoba is a class player. It is a pity the rest of his side are average players. That Pablo Garcia plays for Real Madrid and he looked 3rd rate over both legs.

There is a report coming through this morning that the Uruguyans were jostling and aiming verbal insults towards the Australian players in the tunnel before the match even kicked off. This is pretty low for a country with such a proud footballing history.

The pure and simple answer is that Uruguay is no more a football power than Hungary is and they are relying on past glories.

Australia would beat half the teams in Europe. Only if the reigning European champions could have similar self belief!

Why do u live here?

Posted Image

XXX-18T,

He has that old school village mentality.

Look at his avatar, he has some has been AEK player wearing a head band!

The reality now is that Australia is a serious football (soccer) nation.

Also to our Canadian brothers, I am sorry that Canada hasn't progressed much with their national side. However I read today that they beat Luxembourg in a friendly.

Why do u live here?

Posted Image

XXX-18T,

He has that old school village mentality.

Look at his avatar, he has some has been AEK player wearing a head band!

The reality now is that Australia is a serious football (soccer) nation.

Also to our Canadian brothers, I am sorry that Canada hasn't progressed much with their national side. However I read today that they beat Luxembourg in a friendly.

Well its easy why do we have these yifti in our country?

Aus league is crap worst than the greek!

Our national team is very much like Greece. We were nobodies before and we got a super coach that has taken us to the world cup.

Re Xoriane why do u live here if u think our country is a joke?

Canada can't even compete with Uzbekistan :LOL:

congrats to Australia for qualifying :tup:

on another note, i can't get over that pic of homer pointing at Uragay and calling it U R Gay :LOL: :LOL:

cos its from an actual Simpsons episode - i think its the one where they go to Brazil or Australia not sure but he says to Lisa "Look theres a country called U R Gay who the hell calls a country U R Gay"

very funny as we were cheering that to the Uruguayan fans :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

hahahahaha emena fonazete xwriano; ahhahaahhaa Why the ###### should I bother replying when you have morons basing an arguement on a player from the mid-90s who if you ask anyone in here who has been a soccer fan for more than 2 minutes unlike yourselves will tell you was one of the best greek players of that time. Alla kala allo kosmo menete eseis....

Hey can you please cut and paste me where I bagged the country itself? I dont support the football NT, big deal....please deport me! In case you didnt realise, the entire nation stopped to watch it, 98% of which have no ###### clue about football and havent given a s%$#! about the game in this country until 5 minutes ago. So now they are allowed to stay because they jumped on the bandwagon and I must be deported because I do not support the NT so I therefore hate the country.

I dont understand your mentality....alla kala you two should ring up customs and let them know my favourite player wears a head band. Im still astonished that was used as an arguement.

Na'ste kala paidia....

whatever :rolleyes: ....

anyways heres some vids from the game the atmosphere was the best ive ever seen at an Aussie football game...

when we first scored:

http://www.users.on.net/~rasper/video/bres...iano_scores.avi

final penalty kick

http://www.users.on.net/~rasper/video/aust..._to_germany.avi

ill be buying my tickets to Germany after the draw of December 9

Shame I couldnt watch Greece as well :(

it has been 31 years since aust was last in a world cup, as we all know, and now they are back. this is the best thing that could have happened for aussie soccer. now that we are going to germany, the a-league will be promoted abit and hopefully will become more popular. however, there is one thing that annoys me.

the day after we won against U R GAY, thats all the radio stations talked about, and the news and all media was focused on the socceroos, BUT, before aust was meant to play the south americans, the media down-graded soccer here in aust. for all the australian greeks here, AFL is the main sport, and dont get me wrong, and i like my footy, but soccer is my sport. the media kept on picking the faults in soccer and how it is skillful, like Kevin Sheedy said, "not exciting". the game that aust played against the irish in the international series, here in melb, he started saying how soccer is boring b/c we get the 0-0 draws and all that. now people like him are happy for the socceroos getting through and jumping with joy about it. its good to see that everyone is getting into it, but before the socceroos made it, they hated soccer. and if we didnt get through, they would have complained and all that.

anyways, all the best to the socceroos, and hopefully they will put up a fight.

Archived