Phantis Forums

UEFA Group Stage

Ziaka

The draw for the Group Stage of the UEFA Cup will be made on Tuesday, October 4. After today's results the teams have been seeded in 5 groups, with Group 1 being the strong group, and group 5 the weak group. PAOK is in the 2nd strong group of teams.

The teams will be drawn into 8 groups of 5 teams each. Each of the 8 groups will contain one team from each of the following groups. This means that PAok can't be drawn together with teams from Group 2. This means that we will avoid Alkmaar, Sevilla, Marseille, Slavia Prague, Basel, Middlesbrough, and Espanyol

To 3 teams from each group will qualify to the next stage.

Here are the five groups:

Group 1: CSKA Moscow, Roma, Stuttgart, Monaco, Hertha Berlin, Lokomotiv Moscow, Besiktas, Alkmaar

Group 2: , Sevilla, Marseille, PAOK, Slavia Prague, Basel, Middlesbrough, Espanyol, RC Lens

Group 3: Shaktar Donetsk, Herenveen, Dnipro, Hamburger SV, Red Star, Bolton, Sampdoria, Palermo

Group 4: Steaua Bucuresti, Brondby, Grasshopers, Zenit, Levski Sofia, Strasbourg, Rennes, CSKA Sofia

Group 5: Vitoria Guimaraes, Litex Lovech, Halmstads BK, Viking Stavanger, Dinamo Bucuresti, Rapid Bucuresti, Maccabi Petah-Tikva, Tromso

UEFA RANKINGS:

ITA AS Roma 73.191

GER VfB Stuttgart 58.166

FRA AS Monaco FC 53.324

GER Hertha BSC Berlin 46.166

RUS FC Lokomotiv Moskva 38.469

TUR Besiktas JK 37.872

NED AZ Alkmaar 37.145

ESP Sevilla FC 36.326

FRA Olympique de Marseille* 36.324

GRE PAOK FC 35.715

KALH PROKRISH PAOK :gr:

There are only a few teams PAOK might have a tough time against.

Being seeded in the second group will help avoid the top opponents. :)

YOU CAN DO IT! :tup:

PEACE

Thank God PAOK aren't going to face Alkmaar. After the pasting they gave them a few years back, it would be a case of deja vu all over again.

Yeah, I'm hopeful PAOK doesn't have to face any team from the 1st or 3rd group. Any team from group 4 would be ideal but I'm sure that's what every team is hoping for.

Could someone remind me again, after the drawing and all the games are played, is it the top team from each group that proceeds forward or the top 2 teams, etc...?

Finishing in the top three out of five in our group sounds reasonable! Lets go PAOK we can do it! So if there's five teams in each group, it looks like there will be a total of 4 games home, and four games away.

I just hope we don't face Bolton in this stage, because I want Bolton and Gianakopolos to progress to the next stage with PAOK!

Correction from my post above: Each team in each group plays a total of two home games, and two away games for a total of 4 games not eight. So it will be interesting to see which teams we play at home and away! So we play each team once, not twice.

hope they get stuttgart from group1! they are not as good as they used to be plus many greeks live in the stuttgart area. so an away game would be another home game...

Stuttgart are still pretty good. Maybe no Aleksander Hleb, but Kuranyi left and in place JonDahl Tommason came and scores almost every game, fantastic player.

But yeah there is a nice Greek Community there.... :tup:

i think they are mostly PAOK too....

i think PAOK's best draw is:

Besiktas

PAOK

Dnipro

Zenit

Litex

It's a tough draw for PAOK, but I like their schedule. They play the right teams at home, and if they could get points in Ukraine, it will greatly increase their confidence haeading into their break.

Good luck, PAOK.

Hopefully PAOK can achieve second or third spot as i find them unlikely capable of holding down the first spot.

If we beat Shakhtar at their home stadium on the 20th, it will boost our confidence and i believe we will start winning more games :tup:

I wish Stuttgart was away. I cannot see PAOK beating them in Thessalonikh.

That means PAOK will need to beat Rennes for sure and get points away.

Both away games should be within PAOK's abilities.

KALH TYXH apo enan Athinaio :tup:

Sthn Europh eimaste olloi ELLHNES :gr:

PEACE

Archived