Phantis Forums

Dellas to AEK

AEKARA-YIA-PANTA

This would be a huge signing and a great opportunity for us to get a strong leader on the team and into the defense. My only question is why Dellas would want to come to AEK? due to the fact that Santos did not want him in AEK before and that is when he let him go to Italy without any compensation. maybe this was his last option for the year????

This would be a huge signing and a great opportunity for us to get a strong leader on the team and into the defense. My only question is why Dellas would want to come to AEK? due to the fact that Santos did not want him in AEK before and that is when he let him go to Italy without any compensation. maybe this was his last option for the year????

You are right about that but Santos wanted Dellas to saty but at the time Dellas didn't want to stay and plus AEK didn't have the money to offer him a better contract from Roma,so that's why he left. I think he would be a good sighning for AEK but i don't think he is a good starter because he hasn't play any games yet. No matter what it's good for AEK especially with Alves leaving Dellas will be a good sub for his spot....... Good job to Demis if he did sighn Dellas!!!! :box: :tup:

ANTE KAI ME THN NIKH!!PATISTE KATO THN ZENIT!!!!!

AEKARA OLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but at the time Dellas didn't want to stay and plus AEK didn't have the money to offer him a better contract from Roma,so that's why he left.

He did not want to stay because Santos basically said "I do not have a place for you in my 11". He was not playing him at all. Then he was released on a free transfer. :o

If you remember there was a cleansing of many players who "did not fit the mold" of the team.

Nevertheless, I would still be surprised if it happened. Especially after what Irlandos has pointed out... he does not want to play in Greece...

He did not want to stay because Santos basically said "I do not have a place for you in my 11". He was not playing him at all. Then he was released on a free transfer. :o

If you remember there was a cleansing of many players who "did not fit the mold" of the team.

Nevertheless, I would still be surprised if it happened. Especially after what Irlandos has pointed out... he does not want to play in Greece...

I think that this case was cleared up and was a bit more complex.

Psomiadis put heavy pressure on Santos on Budget issues, Psomiadis wanted to buy some players too without consulting Santos.

Dellas wanter more money and Psomiadis allowed him to move on. Santos was asked if he would need him 100% and Santos said ... OK then, since this would inflate the Budget I can do without him

So it was not Santos 100%.

In fact I think I remember Dellas Thanking Santos in an Interview of his and leaving AEK with positive feelings

Anyway, his wage is still high for us, but the NET news did also give the information unofficially last night.

The other big truth is that Dellas is injury prone.

I think that this case was cleared up and was a bit more complex.

Psomiadis put heavy pressure on Santos on Budget issues, Psomiadis wanted to buy some players too without consulting Santos.

Dellas wanter more money and Psomiadis allowed him to move on. Santos was asked if he would need him 100% and Santos said ... OK then, since this would inflate the Budget I can do without him

So it was not Santos 100%.

In fact I think I remember Dellas Thanking Santos in an Interview of his and leaving AEK with positive feelings

Anyway, his wage is still high for us, but the NET news did also give the information unofficially last night.

The other big truth is that Dellas is injury prone.

Ofcourse it was more complex mouse.. nothing in Greece is simple!!! ;)

Yes Psomiadis was trying to buy players without consultation... but that happens every where look at this year at Olympiakos (and do you think Santos REALLY wanted Ivic's brother?)

My point is, he was not in the defensive plans at the time and therefore expendable...

Yes Dellas was happy to leave, he was going to play outside of Greece and ended up going to Roma... yes he thanked Santos on the way out - why burn bridges when you are probably coming back to Greece eventually....

do you think Santos REALLY wanted Ivic's brother?)

Yes i think he did!!! I think he wanted someone to replace Tsiarta. He need somebody to pass the ball to the strikers and i think Ivic was a good choice. My opinion :tup: :box:

do you think Santos REALLY wanted Ivic's brother?)

Yes i think he did!!! I think he wanted someone to replace Tsiarta. He need somebody to pass the ball to the strikers and i think Ivic was a good choice. My opinion :tup: :box:
I dont think he REALLY wanted him. I think he would have chosen someone else if he really had his own way... I dont think Santos' straightup answer to Tsiartas was Ivic. Dont get me wrong, I think he is a good player, but at the time of buying him, he was not playing at all in Germany. How could have Santos have scouted him? Only thru the words of his brother and maybe others that had seen him play at Partizan (maybe video)... two year before.

Yia sas paithia!! Mixed feelings about this one. Thilathi epithi then ton ithele kanenas stin europi, xana girnaei stin ellada pout then ithele na paixei? Ligo megalos stin ilikia, kai ligo injury prone. Am I dissapointed?? No. He could be a good leader in the defense. Yia na thoume. More excited about Zenit game presently..

smart move signing dellas. i hope more greek players will follow suit and opt for playing time and boosting the game in their own country over fat paychecks from fancy european clubs who will stick them on the bench. he is an asset who will surely teach the young players and make AEK a tour de force in the coming years.

this is also interesting because of all greek players abroad i would venture to guess that dellas got the most starts and playing time (before he was injured of course). speaking as a disillusioned fan whose starting eleven is nearly devoid of greek players (take a guess) i congratulate nikolaidis on his hard work and hopefully he will influence other owners to stop hooliganism and bring back some of our under-appreciated euro heroes back to their rightful pitches in greece.

Congrats to AEK on the Dellas signing.

• 2 weeks later...

he is not in shape at all. he was hurt, has not played and then had surgury. He will not be in good playing form for a couple months.

he has been training for months now with AEK, he should be in shape now. The funny thing about him being injured is that if he was in shape and was not injured he would be playing for a big team but teams backed off because they were worried about his fitness. He's even said that he regrets not leaving during the winter transfer period. I think he wanted to further his career, but I do believe that AEK will be able to help him get back on track. The best of luck to him.

I think he will be rejuvenated and healthy for the big game against Denmark. This guy is ready believe me.

Archived