Phantis Forums

Ellada vs Dania

thrylos

The problem with leaving out Seitaridis... who replaces him? He was outstanding a year ago, and now he's extremely underwhelming.

I'm especially disappointed with Kapsis--he's played like shyte the past few games and the entire defense in general has been hit and miss.

I don't think Dellas will be able to last a full game, even if he is a defender.

We clearly need to attack and defend in this match. We need to lift our performance, we played very poorly against Kazakhstan and we were lucky to get away with a win. Denmark are in form, especially after beating England 4-1. If Greece wants to make 2nd spot, we need to match the Danes in every aspect of the game. It will be a tough match, the outcome I am not sure what it will be but if we dont get our act together we can expect a loss.

Vryzas should never see the field again. When a guy doesn't play on a 2nd division team in Italy, you know he sucks.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

since when is fiorentina a 2nd division team?

as for the lineup, 4-3-3 is the way to go, only problem is otto has to find a way to fit in lybe, he can't simply leave him on the bench anymore since he produced the best chance vs. belgium and scored vs. kaz, he's the only one of the stikers that's doing anything,

otto must start him

Nikopolidis,Giourkas,Dellas(Kyriakos),Kapsis,Fyssas,Katsouranis,Basinas(Kafes/Stoltidis/Lakis),Zagorakis,Karagounis,Stelios,Charisteas

This game can be played only one way. Greece must stay back and absorb the pressure and hope we find that break.

WE CANNOT attack we do not have the players for this, I say sit back and then push for the win in the last 30min. Hopefully the Danes will let up if we make it as boring as possible, and u never know maybe word that Turkey leading albania :whistle: might cause a let down.

I'm not saying sit back like Armenia and N.Ireland did to us in Euro2004 quailfications, Greece must play a DISCIPLNED game no chances,only if there is an oppurtunity.

Lineup: I have said that Basinas has no place, but now is not the time to bring on a fresh face, have Basinas play like a 5th Defender, Katsouranis will man mark there best mid. Zagorakis must sell his soul to the devil one more time( just like last summer). I would like to see Lakis ,we need some speed on the field but he has fallen out of favor with Otto.

Stelios and Karagounis must bring their A game to Denmark ,they must control and create chances if there is any chance to win.Charisteas is starting to score with Ajax lets hope it carries over.Lybe is 1st choice off the bench.

Paidia lets take the cheap 1-0 win :tup: and go back to Athens

Harry

What we need in Copenhagen is a miracle boys, and I hope we get it, but Denmark has something to fight for as well. I would like to see Kafes in the starting eleven, along with Papadopoulo to partner Haristea. Don't think we can make many more changes, not with Otto's stubborness anyway, but with Kafe and Pap, I think some offense can be created.

There was an article I read about where Stoltidis was saying that he would like a chance to play (he thinks he's earned it) and if Otto doesn't like him, just to have a chance. I think that Ellas needs a player that is new and has the fire to play and will lead the rest of them.

Someone to ignite the passion.

Stoltidis anyone????

Basinas was one of the better performers in the kazakhstan game, i know he gifted them the ball but that was purely unlucky. Besides he played with more heart and stamina than anyone else, the guy was everywhere in defece. The only change that needs to be made in my mind is putting dellas back in. Lybe should start along side vryzas and giannakopoulos. Charisteas seems completely off from his euro form it's like he's a different player. He used to be involved in a lot of attacks and used to win the ball. Now he just waits for scoring opportunities to make his runs. Seitaridis is off form too, probably because of Russia... he should have never gone there.

If we come out with a tie I'd say that's reasonable, but a win would be unbelievable. The team is under a lot of pressure to win, the team is looking very unsettled, club teams are doing horrible in europe, things aren't going our way at all. I wasn't too impressed by the performance against kazakhstan, but I saw some promising effort. kazakstan were amatures, they were a joke in the end, sitting in the box and clearing to our defence who just blasted it back. We outclassed them all game and should have scored 4 times.

My prediction Greece 1-0, let there be a miracle.

re. Basinas - if we have a 4-4-2 and a healthy Dellas then the decsion in the midfield is between Basinas and Katsouranis - and I think that Basinas must get the nod- here is why:

I must start with that I love Katsouranis- and one day hope to see him as our captain - but we NEED Basinas for this game he is the only Greek who is world class on set plays since Tsartas is no longer an option - he hits solid free kicks and more importantly good corners - stelios and others are not only much better at trying to knock in these kicks but they also absolutly stink at hitting them - Stelios hits floaters and Karagounis drives his too much - and corners have been a huge part of our success

Also if we are looking for a spark look at what Kyrgiakos has been doing at Rangers - the guy is a complete animal there with long balls defending and scoring now

I think we will win we will be the sharpest we have been in 13-14 months and will look it as we beat the Danes 2-1 :gr: :gr:

i would also like to add Antzas to the team

i think he as performed exceptionally well for Xanthi in the past season

hopefully the team wakes up from the dulldrums and finds its fire within

another palyer that needs to step up is Charisteas

where the hell is he these dayz

i mean we kill on Vyrzas but its b/c of his deteriorting skills but at least he plays hard

wut the hell Charisteas needs to be a beast

i forgot who posted this, but they said we should play very defensive and try to catch a break on a counterattack....this was our bread and butter in euro 2004 , and if he have any chance to win it is to play defensive...we cannot play an offensive game vs the danes ......we must absorb their attacks, fill the gaps and stop the through balls and try to score on one of our few counters....what else can we do we will have no choice but to play a defensive game cuz im sure the danes will come out firing ........hopefully we pull a bolton like their game vs man city today....wow what a game

i forgot who posted this, but they said we should play very defensive and try to catch a break on a counterattack....this was our bread and butter in euro 2004 , and if he have any chance to win it is to play defensive...we cannot play an offensive game vs the danes ......we must absorb their attacks, fill the gaps and stop the through balls and try to score on one of our few counters....what else can we do we will have no choice but to play a defensive game cuz im sure the danes will come out firing ........hopefully we pull a bolton like their game vs man city today....wow what a game

We have to play a defensive game for 2 reasons.

1- It's the way we played in EURO2004 with great results.

2- While a win is what we really need a tie still leaves us in the hunt. A loss and we are done. Albania is not as good as Turkey but they still have to play the game in Tirana.

One goal is all that's needed against a tough Danish squad but if you want to be a champion this is what is needed. We did it before...let's do it again.

Lyber must start.....he seems to have the touch lately.

Archived