Phantis Forums

greek iptv

slick13

Guest gastone_1978

Let's hope they do. Not much has changed on their site though over the past 2 months that i've been keeping an eye on.

Let's hope they do

• 1 month later...

I guess it is a bit steep for internet tv, 22 Euros or about $ 35CDN, so $5/channel. In Canada we pay $15 for OTn (Ant1) and if you want ERT SAT it is $20 for the 2 channels. If the quality is good, maybe worth it. This Cosmos Tv is supposed to be coming out as well. They have opened offices in Australia I believe as well. THe more competition, the better the pricing. We will have to wait and see

it wont last long

you cant charge for something ........ you dont pay

oh i forgot 22 euro for the lines ........NOT FOR THEM

GUYS

the guys are from thornhill canada with contact in cyprus

they do web designs ....o makhs einai o arxhgos

eyxomai na mhn einai affiliated me ton BOBBY

8ymaste ayton ton enoxlhtiko typo prin apo mhnes?

exei kanei kai aytos site gia ta kanalia ..7 synolika mazi kai to supersport

mono poy aytos einai mplegmenos me ola ta paranoma kommatia.

MH XALATE TA LEFTA SAS KAI MEINETE STA KRYA TOY LOYTROY

I am thinking the same thing they are just picking up the FTA channels off satellite and streaming them would be good to see what they do once the channels on the satellite encrypts ??

The GreekIPTV site looks very ametuerish to me and also i dont think they even have any legal binding contracts to stream the channels over the internet from the channels themselves as like i said there most likely just picking them up from satellite which the signals are Free To Air and then streaming them online :ph34r:

The other company which was mentioned Cosmos IPTV looks alot more Professional and looks like they will be doing things the right way to get channels up and running I also see they have an Office here in Australia also in Melbourne

Anyway this is my opinion about this :)

oxi file

they were testing before but now they are planning to stream 7 channels form greece

obviously from nova but not fta ..............i can assure you that

they were planning this for a long time

they are not that amateur

when the time comes......... i will post the information about them

one thing

get a slingbox send it to a relative in greece and you are watching all the

channels for free .....ALL CHANNELS ....... AND ITS LEGAL TOO

The cosmos iptv definitely looks more professional than the greek iptv. The sample stream looked pretty good, but that was a recorded sample. Never know what you're going to get with a live stream, buffering, etc. I see lots of people getting involved with this streaming business lately, and I think it's too early to rely on these guys just yet. $22 euros is way too much to risk.

I agree about the slingbox, if you have a nice relative that's willing to do it for you. They were showing it on one of their websites, it got great reviews from some well known publications and news channels.

Nowadays it's difficult for many of us to find someone in Greece with a personal internet connection, and willing to do it. I was looking at E.U. statistics, and only about 11% of the population has a personal home internet connection. I think the slingbox also requires a broadband connection as well.

Anyways, if you got someone willing to do it, take advantage of it.

Yes its easy enough to find someone to do it for me its just that the Internet there is stil abit expensive for most ppl to afford my relo's have ADSL in Greece but it like the minimum like 384/128 which would not be that good for streaming :(

• 1 year later...

Guys I have tried every link available for greek iptv, the ones that are free have very poor quality and they plan cookies in your pc and the ones that you have to pay keep your credit card info and they overcharge you!!!

DONT GIVE YOU CREDIT CARD INFO!!! :nono:

Last time i gave my credit card info i was overcharged and my bank blocked my card because of suspicious bank account activity!!! :nono:

• 2 months later...
Guest Timotheus99

PaokaraSalonika, I am surprised by your post. I have been using GreekIPTV several years now and I have never run into any problems what so ever. One thing that you need to understand is that you need a good quality line to be able to do any sort of streaming. This is true no matter which company you choose.

Also, as far as being over charged is concerned as far as I know GreekIPTV is only accepting payments using Paypal. Through PayPal it is litterally impossible to get overcharged. And that is because you subscribe to it yourself on PayPal's site. You will never get charged more than what you agree to. PayPal handles that. Not GreekIPTV.

You also said that you should NEVER GIVE your credit card info. You never did. When you use PayPal you give your credit card information to PayPal. PayPal is reputable and has millions of customers and merchants. It is PayPal that takes the money out of your account and not GreekIPTV. And PayPal only takes out what you agree to and that is done from their site. It has nothing to do with GreekIPTV.

As far as cookies are concerned pretty much every site you go to these days has cookies. This is a standard practice. Cookies help you stay logged in. It helps the system recognize that you are who you say you are. It is placed there for your security.

I don't know how you could have been overcharged or had any suspicious activity on your account since it is PayPal that handles all of this. This is not handled by GreekIPTV. It could be that your credit card was compromised somewhere else. But again, it could not have been with GreekIPTV because they do not have access to this information. It is all with PayPal and they will do nothing with your money unless you actually agree to it.

Anyway, as I stated initially I have been using GreekIPTV and I have told all my friends and family and I have yet to hear a single complaint from a combined total of 15 people. They offer a great service that is reasonably priced with good quality streams.

Just this week I had friends and family come over to my house to watch soccer matches on a big 50" screen. The stream never dropped and the quality was amazing. I love these guys. They are doing a great service to the Greek community. Keep it up!

If anyone is interested they can go to http://www.greekiptv.com/

Timotheus

• 3 weeks later...

MEGA COSMOS IN CANADA

I am writing on behalf of Ethnic Channels Group regarding great news for the Greek-Canadian community. The number one channel from Greece (MEGA COSMOS) has been launched on Bell ExpressVu and Rogers Cable. I would greatly appreciate if you could forward the enclosed message to all those you may think would be interested in this exciting offer.

Rogers - Channel 575

Bell - Channel 712

Regards,

Chris

[email protected]

www.ethnicchannels.com

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived