Phantis Forums

Promising Youngsters

I opened a new topic to describe future Stars of our Football. ithink Turkish football is in a crsis of youth development.4 Bigs dont prefer to use youth players generally.Anatolian teams are the player source of big teams.Casillas is from youth academy of Real.Raul is also.Fatih Tekke, Gokdeniz, Mehmet Yilmaz and Huseyin from Trabzonspor academy.Sergen for Besiktas. i don't think any for Fener.Gala is now very far from their glorious day.After Emre Belozoglu they didnt use youth players.Sabri was the last youth hero.Ugur Ucar played some mathces and he was good.Where is he now?

coming a youth player for Galatasaray

Aykut, Cafercan, Ugur, Arda, Mulayim, Volkan and Sabri...

Ergin Keles (Trabzonspor)

He is one of the stars of the last Youth tournament.His contract was over.This August.And Psv wanted to add him in their squad.Trabzonspor could only paid growing payment.Gala also wanted him.After long discussions he accepted to sign 5 contract with Trabzonspor.And 1 day after loaned to Akçaabat Sebat Spor.He is 18 years old.Football authorites find his shooting syle is skillfull.And he would alternete Fatih Tekke in the future. I am waiting for seeing him in Akçaabat.

Posted Image

Ergin's playing style also reminds me of Fatih Tekke. He uses his head very well and can play his back to goal. His partner up front in our U20 team, Ali Ozturk is also a potential star bu he's always dealing with injuries which is a hindrace to his progress at this young age (17 I guess).

Fenerbahce has two potential stars but they probably will not ever get playing minutes at Fener. Kerim Zengin is a versatile player who can play both wing positions plus the striker. He scored 9 goals in Turkish Second Division Category A last season with Mersin Idmanyurdu where he was on loan. Also an explosive player in the name of Olcan Adin is another future prospect. He was on loan to Antalyaspor last year and played in 21 games getting 3 goals on the way. He plays the central attacking midfield position and can use his both feet well.

Ugur Ucar, Cafercan Aksu, Zafer Sakar and Arda Turan of Galatasaray should also get some playing time this season. Ugur already showed he can be a starter at right-back (better than Cihan defensively) and in our Mediterrenean team Cafercan and Arda were the stars (Arda was a friend of mine in my Istanbul days). Zafer is a versatile youngster that can cover up all positions from DM to AM and also has some sharp shooting skills from 30-3 meters. AEK fans may recall him of a shot that was tipped by Chiotis in last seasons Gala-AEK games.

The real question is that Besiktas who is always proud of their youth production has not produced anything worthy since Sergen Yalcin... Do not count Ali Cansun or Serdar Ozkan, they had the glimpses bu ended up rather poorly.

Loaning Cafercan to Rize is a good idea.But why did Gala board give them a buying option.They can buy him for 1.5 Million after that Gala must pay more than that to rebuy him.Rize's president Ekrem Cengiz is a clever man.He can make a deal with Fener and sell him to Fener 2 years after :)

Fahri Tatan (Caykur Rizespor)

Fahri borned in Rize but he grew from Fenerbahce youth academy.2 years ago Rizespor coach Hikmet Karaman insist his board for buying him from Fener.And they accept this risk.He plays playmaker for Rize.Uses generally his right foot.And usually tries long shots.He is playing for Turkish U-21.And at the beginning of this season he was nearly to sign Galatasaray.But somehow Gala board chanced their desicion to buy him.He seems dissaponted and we can say he is not good as last year this season and he is always nervous. isaw him on Tv fighting with Rize supporters after Fener match. i think it is early for him to play in a big team but.if he impores his skills we can see in Istanbul.Why not in Trabzon?Because i don't think Rize can give us a player easily :)

Posted Image

Archived