Phantis Forums

cl 2005-2006

slick13

a group that is too early to talk about. Barca is going to end it first for sure but then anything is possible. if Udinese and Werder can catch up their top form -which is something possible regarding what these teams did last season(start the league very well than start dropping points after November-December) it could be problemous for PAO. But PAO has the upper hand when it comes to experience. Not only in terms of "club experience" but also in terms of "player experience" (Flavio, Bissycat, Gouma, Seritch). I guess PAO will sneak through to the second round if Udinese and Werder do not hit their top form during group stage...

Good Luck Panathas!!!

I am with Spears on this. Why is is that Australian-Greeks have this never say die attitude? We fear no one. If only more Greeks were like us.

If you aren't good enough then retire and sit at home drinking coffee and reading the paper and playing with your komboloii or your a*****a for that matter.

Good observation there!!!

Reason why us "greek- Australians" have this never die attitude is because were Half AUSTRALIAN!!! how does the saying go?? "Aussie little battler"?

we have been brought up with two mottos

Greek stuborness from the greek side and the never say die attitude from the australian side.....

i jst hope pao go into all its games fearing no one and play like Men!!!! its true that when greek teams play away we play like "cats" or "bitches"....

hope this year is a good year :box:

All I will say is this...

If Biskan and Conceicao don´t start playing some serious football prety damn soon, and we perform like the Wisla games I see us out of the UEFA big time!!! ;)

Apart from having to play against very difficult teams we have the WORST possible Schedule as well... If we had Barca at our last game in Leoforos (having the probability that Barca will be through by then and play with their 2nds), then something could be done... But now we will definetely need a win at Udine in the first game if something is to be done....

Same as last year we have the two difficult matches against Barca head to head (2 consequtive matches) which means that we will probably get 0 points from them... This is the timing where big teams finish off with the group qualifying rounds...

Anyway we will see in due course....

Same as last year we have the two difficult matches against Barca head to head (2 consequtive matches) which means that we will probably get 0 points from them... This is the timing where big teams finish off with the group qualifying rounds...

good observation Papou, Barca will look to kill off the group after 3-4 games and unfortunately it's going to be PAO that should deal with this. It's a bad situation in two different views. Let's become fictive... First, you get zero points in two consecutive games. Second, Barca will field their reserves if they clinch qualification after PAO games which means it will be beneficial for Udinese and Werder and terribly destructive for PAO's qualification chances.

PAO as a team needs to play with 200 % if they want to pull off something out of Barca... Otherwise, it'll be hard to get thru...

1. werder is not as good as schalke and they where in the same pot

2. udinese was not the best team in their pot betis is much better

also last year we had arsenal as the big team and psv and rosenborg but still did not get through!

remember this years cl is not that strong like other years. many big teams are missing due to change of squad or finalcial problems and unluck.

roma-lazio-valencia-la coruna-dortmund-parma-monaco

this is a hard draw but we have been up against more....the team needs to click, if we do, then we have the ability to advance..as simple as that....the cventer needs to take control and or defense has to be air tight...or attack has to be flowing and finishing their chances..with acouple more official games undfer our belt, i think our team should do fine...and by the way, everyone thought barca would crush us in the cl afew years ago and we took it to them with everything we had..anything can happend in football, we just have to pray our players put in everything they have..with a bit of luck and hard work , we can go a long way..dont lose faith..the draw is tough. but the cl isnt suppose to be easy...

we should get 4 points from udinese, and 4-6 points with bremen....and with barca the biggest concern is ronaldinho...we need someone to shadow him, i mean if we had someone like seitaridi or basina(his specialty) to shut him down like we used to it'd be easier, but we dont... maybe flavio, a lil brazilian vs. brazilian will work, or maybe vyntra, whoever it is it has to be someone fast, quick and that wont bite and commit to hard to him... must have self control and jus keep the eyes on the ball when hes doin his samba...if we contain him, i think we can handle the rest of the team and maybe pull 3 pts or maybe 2 like we did with arsenal last year with two ties

i think we will be jus behind barcelona in the standings...i cant wait for all of this to start

:tup: :tup: :tup:

dont forget we need to rack up the points so greece can go back to 3 teams in the CL so we dont have to endure the torture and nerveracking qualifications :gr: :gr: :gr:

papou makes an excellent point about the timing of the barca games - its important that we start extremely well straight from the start against Udinese in Italy - hopefully Malezani's background will prove to be sufficient to overcome this obstacle seen as he will anticipate Udiniese's tactics and the italian style of soccer

werder bremen - cmon the german league isnt miles ahead of the greek, im sure we could pose a major threat to bremen - as long as we gain at least a point in germany - and anything but a win in athens is a failure IMO

the barca games will prove to be the decider whether we go thorugh - not only do they ronaldinho but eto who can score in europe - i think biscan can do the job against ronaldinho and/or flavio seen as he would have experience at marking or "neutralising" players like ronaldinho - forget vyntra marking one of the worlds hottest players, he will be lost theres alot of other quality as well on that barca team so we have to make OAKA count

so i think 6 points against Udinese is doable and 4 against Bremen and even one point (realistically ) against barca should be awesome - cmon last season we had 9 points and we didnt get through so 10+ points is wat we should be aiming at

plus the fact that were going old skool at OAKA - which reminds me of the early european poreias plus with the drama and high intensity against Wisla - this team i think is capable of a poreia if we gel toegther and play the way malezani wants them too!

:nw:

I think beating Wisla was a huge boost for the greens. Hopefully with this win it will start a good and continuous momentum. I'm just slightly skeptical of our mid's flavs and biscuit and how much difference they'lll make cause for me they didn't impress me too much and of course it's only a couple of games.

As for our defense of course there's room for improvement. All players go thru droughts and difficult times and I think at this point it's Vyntra's turn and hopefully he'll break out of it soon cause he's screwing up big time.

I'm glad Manoli is back and what a powerful combo with Paps including Gekas who obviously shows his willingness to do well but is going to make mistakes.

Anything is possible to occur with our group matches and fellow greeners I'm pscyched B)

Archived