Phantis Forums

A' Div: Skoda Xanthi - PAOK

Ziaka

O Saturday, August 27 PAOK open the new season with an away trip to Xanthi to meet the local team Skoda.

Karageorgiou keeps claiming that the team might not be ready by then, but that is no excuse, since they knew the opening day for a while now. Also PAOK was one of the first teams to start pre-season training, so there is no excuse.

O paper PAOK is an improved team comapred to last season. On the other hand Xanthi has also been good last season. I see an exciting game, which will be decided by one goal.

My biased prediction is Xanthi - PAOK 0-1.

The game will be televised in Greece on Alpha TV.

I agree, there shouldn't be any excuses at this point. The team has been training for awhile now and should be quite ready for the season.

The game against Xanthi is a good first 'test' for the team and how they have improved. Xanthi are a formidable club and PAOK see-sawed the 2nd half of the season last year with them for 4th and 5th place. Let's not forget that Xanthi have also improved from last year with their signing of Emerson and coupled with the likes of Luciano, I think they are a team to be reckoned with for sure.

I don't think PAOK wil sit back on their laurels at all. It'll be a tough game but I can see a 2-1 win for PAOK or a 2-2 draw.

2-0 to PAOK or 2-1 to PAOK

Zagorakis will play very well because it will be his first competetive game for his beloved club PAOK in a long time. Shikalaba will be trying to show what his made of and have a good game.

Salp will score two goals...(time will tell if my predictions are true)

Are there any injuries for this game?

this season(for as many as possible) can the people who watch the match or listen to it please give ratings for each player and a small comment. this would be very usefull for the PAOK fans who can't watch the matches and it would also be greatly apreicieated

One intersting fact about the upcoming Xanthi game is that Zagorakis's last official game in the PAOK jersey was against Xanthi, before he left for Leicester City. Now his comeback in the PAOK colors is again against Xanthi.

Prediction: 3-0 win PAOK!!!!! The floodgates of scoring will open with a vengeance.

2 goals by Salp, and one by Zag.

What's up with Iliadis? Has he just not impressed PAOK so far?

I did not see the game. I only heard it on the radio and saw the highlites on Athlitiki Kyriaki. From what I can gather Matzourakis has outcoached Karageorgiou. He knew exactly the way PAOK would play and he has set up Xanthi accordingly. Xanthi got luckly by scoring the first goal and that's all they needed. Once again it was a bad defensive lapse that let Xanthi score. Tochoroglou makes a good save and all the PAOK defensemen are watching the play instead of trying to clear the rebound.

Once Xanthi got the lead they got back and defended the result.

Time to forget about this game and get ready for the upcoming matches.

Archived