Phantis Forums

Trabzonspor Thread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trabzonspor is a Turkish football club, from the Black Sea port city of Trabzon playing in the Turkish Premier Super League.

Trabzonspor was formed in 1967 in a merger of many local clubs. Many of the players from these teams became part of the team to win promotion to the top division, and helped Trabzonspor in their early years in the top flight. Along with the the other clubs known as the 'big four' (Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Besiktas), they are the only clubs to have won the Turkish title. Trabzonspor is as yet the only team from outside Istanbul to win it. Trabzonspor's nicknames are 'the Bordeaux Blues' and 'the Black Sea storm'.

Trabzonspor became a team for the first time on 2 August 1967. Football in Trabzon had been dominated by the intense rivalry of two local teams, Idmangucu and Idmanocagi, for years. At this time the Turkish Football Federation had been encouraging local teams in the same city to merge into one, in order to ensure competitiveness in Turkish football. The rivalry between Idmangucu and Idmanocagi was so passionate that these two teams refused to be joined as one. When the TFF saw that these two teams had no intention of joining together, they were threatened with punishment. Soon after, Trabzonspor was formed.

Early Years

Featuring many of the players that had featured for the local teams that had joined together to form Trabzonspor, the early years were particularly successful. In the season 1973/74 Trabzonspor were promoted to the Turkish Premier Super League.

Nine Years of Success

In a nine year period from the season 1975/76, Trabzonspor managed to win the league no less than six times. In the seasons they didn't finish first, they came second. This period represents the most successful dynasty in Turkish football history. Trabzonpsor won their championships with a mixture of exciting team play, and gifted individual players. Some of the most successful names in Turkish football history can be found in the Trabzonspor team of the late 1970's and early 80's. Senol Gunes, Turgay Semercioglu, Necmi Perekli, and Ali Kemal Denizci are some of the best remembered names from this period. Many of the Trabzonspor players at the time also represented the national team.

Later Years

After the successful period of the late 70's and early 80's Trabzonspor became decidedly less successful. Some trace this back to the selling off of key players to the bigger Istanbul clubs and the poor record on transfers. The closest Trabzonspor came to winning the championship was in 1995/6, when they were on course to win the championship, until a home defeat by Fenerbahce ruined the dream of reclaiming the title. The increasing reliance of the bigger teams on money from satellite coverage and income from fans and european games has meant that Trabzonspor has fallen behind the bigger Istanbul teams in terms of its ability to buy better players and attract bigger crowds. However, the concentration on local players and carefully scouted foreign players has started to show a marked improvement over the days of the late 1990's, when the club was known for an extremely high turnover of players that contributed to its lack of success. In 2003/4 the club finished second, pushing Fenerbahce until the penultimate week, when a home defeat to Galatasaray ended their challenge. The recent improvement of the team has also meant that Trabzonspor now has several memebers of the national team in its playing squad, as well as at least four international footballers who represent their respective countries.

Youth Academy

Trabzonspor is especially renowned for the quality of players produced through its youth ranks. In the season 2004/05 Trabzonspor featured no less than four Turkey internationals who had been raised through the youth teams. These were Gokdeniz Karadeniz, Fatih Tekke, Huseyin Cimsir, and Mehmet Yilmaz. This is more than any other team in Turkey, and is nearly as successful as the most productive European academies.

Support

Although a large part of Trabzonspor's support is drawn from the local Trabzon population, they remain immensely well supported in the rest of Turkey. This is mainly due to their being the only team to break the Istanbul teams domination of the league. They also enjoy enormous support from Turkish immigrants in Europe, especially Germany.

Trabzonspor Honours, Trophies & Awards

Turkish Premier Super League: 6: 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1984

jonturk, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay. It's very nice to see Trabzonspor fans joining our Turkish Leagues forum. It makes me happy to see this forum growing every day... I pinned the TS thread so that it will be more prone for discussion.

regards,

O Z G U R . . .

Dear friend thanks for Pinning Trabzonspor Thread.İ also gave a link to download mini information of Trabzonspor clip link to another forum.And organized an English Subtitle for other people to understand.Thank you for welcoming me and Celebreting 5 goals to Malatya.it seems this season will be hard.Regards from Isatnbul Oguz.

I actually like Trabzonspor and was sorry when our team blocked your path to glory two years ago. But the Anorthosi crisis really hit you guys this season. It's correct that Trabzonspor would qualify 99 out of 100 times when they meet the prideprick Cypriots but this is football and surprises all but happen. Should Yattara give half the performance he gave against Ankaragucu, you would smash them... Anyway, Anorthosi game is history now and you should concentrate on the league. The centre of your defence is terribly leaking by the way. Erdinc is not a player that is worth the calibre of Trabzonspor and Eller is not the correct replacement for Tolga.

Trabzonspor are on the brink of signing Kursat Duymuş from Beşiktaş according to the agent of the player, Ahmet Bulut. Player joined Beşiktaş in June and fell out with coach Calimbay a few weeks ago. He wore the White-Black jursey only one game for Beşiktaş. He will cost Trabzonspor $500,000 and he will be paid $600,000 yearly.

Kursat signed 4 years deal with Trabzonspor.For the news Wigan is offering €7M.But board fears from supporters protests.For my opinion if Tekke goes to Wigan he would make a big mistake.Because Wigan is gong to be one of the nominee for the relegation. Son of Fatih's uncle is my friend he says Man City may offer €10M .

---Mesajlarimizda Turkce karakter kullanmamaya ozen gosterelim---

I also read that Wigan bid for Fatih but that sounded rather artificial to me. I mean a newly-promoted Premiership club offering €7M straight to the path of a striker that has usually underachieved at NT and Euro level. I'm not sure whether Wigan would be so deeply interested in Fatih and I'm not sure whether it will be a positive move for Fatih either...

Fatih must go to a big team if he goes.But i dont think he can go easily.There is no time for Trabzonspor to fill his place.Jun is not seems ready.And i also think Fatih's football sytle is not suitable for England.He sometimes turns his back to the net.i think Spain would be comfortable for him.And also i don't believe Gokdeniz can play in a Europan Club.

I don't believe Gokdeniz can play in a Europan Club.

it's nice to hear that from a Trabzon-based supporter. I'm amased at how many famous sports criticis say Gokdeniz is a class act and can play on any European team... He's an overrated player who only comes to life in the Trabzonspor v Galatasaray games...

Trabzonspor supporters are maybe the most passionate supporters in Turkey.We re waiting 21 years for the championship.People of blacksea are generally angry impatient and excited.They can easily protest their team and quickly wants goals.And Trabzon supporters always yelling before the match and feels tired during the match.

Posted Image[/url][/img]

Everybody in Turkey knows Trabzon supporters are most fanatics in Turkey.And other supporters did'nt come to Trabzon for the match.In stadium there were only Trabzonspor supporters.And Trabzonspor players were fearing from the fanatics.Forexample there is a rumour during this days.i dont know if it is true.For this gossip Aziz Yildirim gave Gokdeniz 100 000 Euro two years ago.And say him''Don't sign contract with Trabzon we will buy him.After that Gokdeniz gave money back to Aziz Yildirim and said ''Dear President they will hit me if they hear this''.In the season 1995-96 Trabzonspor played a championship match between Fenerbahce and we lost the match.Two supporters suicided themselves for their sadness of the missing championship.It was a shock in the city.

Now three bigs can come Trabzon.Some fightings happenned with them especially with the Fenerbahce and Besiktas Supporters. :box:

Trabzonspor is the only team who carried the Championship cup from Istanbul to Anatolia and everybody in Trabzon interst with football even the old women.

Posted Image

Most Trabzonspor Supporters are in Istanbul.There are also so many Trabzonspor supporters in Germany.But in Istanbul there is huge supporters following the mathces of Trabzon for example

Posted Image[/url][/img]

Not in Trabzon this is in Istanbul Olymic Stadium.

Trabzonspor supporters most like Galatasaray from three bigs.Gala supporters also likes us.But 1 year ago Gala won a match in Trabzon and Fenerbahce won the championship.And Trabzonspor fans felt angry to Gala.

Posted Image[/url][/img]

Atmosphere in Trabzon Avni Aker Stadium

Trabzonspor also have so many Supporters around the Turkey but they are most in.Istanbul,Ankara İzmir,BursaI,zmit,Sakarya,Samsun,Erzurum,Giresun,Zonguldak

and ofcourse in homeland Trabzon. AS I see from this site there are also some Trabzonspor supporters in Greece :)(i was speaking with a Pontian friend who lives in Athens and I asked him if we have supporters in Greece.He answered I am.And here are two fan clubs.I dont know if it is true.)A Greek can answer it if it is true.

At last I can say football is never football in Trabzon football is a life sytle in Trabzon.

We are continiung to see photos from Trabzonspor supporeters.

Posted Image

Photos from Galataray match in Avni Aker.

Posted Image

A giant Flag from the same match.

Here are the Gala supporters in Trabzon.

Posted Image

They are returning to Istanbul happily every season.

Here are Trabzon supporters from Samsun an away match.Samsunspor and Trabzonspor are also rivals from Blacksea.

Posted Image

Trabzonspor played a Turkish cup final with Gencler Birligi in Istanbul 1 year ago.

Match was in Istanbul Olympic Stadium.Trabzonspor crashed thier rival.4-0.There were 50000 supporters in the stadium.

Posted Image

Here are view from our supporters.

Besiktas matches are always hard for Trabzonspor.Especially in Istanbul.Besiktas supporters are the best supporters for my opinion they never stop yelling and always composes new songs.They have popular group Nemed Carsi.Once they came to Trabzon and fought with our supporters.Here is a view from Inonu.Match is Besiktas Trabzon.A view from Closed tribune.carsi always stays there.

Posted Image

From 3 Bigs Trabzonspor Supporters most hates Fenerbahce.The reson of this is Trabzonspor always raced with them for the Championship.Last two season Fener won Championship and Trabzonspor was the runners.Trabzon-Fener matches always playing with stretched atmosphere.The most supporters came to Trabzon are Fenerbahce supporters 2000.For the championship match.Second is Shcalke 04 they were near 1500.

Here is photo from Fener-Trabzon match from Kadikoy.

Posted Image

Most of Galatasaray-Trabzonspor matches played friendly.They like each other.

Two years ago police threw out Trabzonspor fans.it was forbidden to bring supporters for the derbies.Like this season :angry: While they were threwing Gala supporters were shouting ''Onlar cıkarsa biz de cikariz''(if they exit we ll also exit.''

And tried to block the police.It was unforgetable.Here is a view from Galatasaray-Trabzonspor Match from Ali Sami Yen

Posted Image

Galatasaray and Trabzonspor supporters like each other, that's true. But I see a Fenerisation in Trabzonspor which disturbs me. Trabzonspor are fast becoming a team like Fenerbahce, beating the smaller opponents and crashing to the bigger ones. Also the elimination against Anorthosi is unforgivable, not because being eliminated to a Cypriot team bt losing to a team that is in all ways inferior to Trabzon. It's like losing to Birkirkara or Avenir Beggen or Siirt Jetpaspor :LOL: ...

If Trabzonspor stop their Fenerisation I will go on to like them.

The main reason Galatasaray and Trabzonspor are friendly rivals is that they both have Fener as their bitter sweet. I remember last year when Fenerbahce defeated Trabzonspor 2-1 on Matchday 30, Galatasaray fans were equally frustrated with their Trabzon counterparts because of Cem Papila's Fener-favoured refereeing. Since 2000, Fenerbahce had the ref advantage! :angry: Read this...

2001 - FENERBAHCE v GALATASARAY @ Saracoglu - Galatasaray was left to play with 7 men on the pitch after Emre Aşık, Batista, Hasan Şaş and Bulent Korkmaz :nw: were sent off by bastard Ali Aydin (the ref who awarded two of the stupidest penalties I ever saw to BJK when they undeservedly beat us 2-1 in April 2004).

After that Galatasaray fans created a chant for Mr Aydin...

O..... C..... ALIII AYDIIIN... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Turk Says: '' But I see a Fenerisation in Trabzonspor which disturbs me. Trabzonspor are fast becoming a team like Fenerbahce, beating the smaller opponents and crashing to the bigger ones''

i don't agree with you.we re not crashing the samalls with Refrees.And we lost one match Besiktas and one matcg to Gala last year.And Won one mathc Gala away and Besiktas at home.We only lost 2 matches to Fener. And lost championship as one year before.

I am agree with you about the Anarthosis match.Even our second league teams easily win this tour.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Oh dear, how ruiny can this team get??? Trabzonspor were seeking Championship last season and now they're 25 points adrift from League Leaders by 18 weeks. Even nwe signings didn't make any difference. So far in the transfer period, Trabzonspor let go players like Kursat Duymus, Fabiano Eller, Mehmet Yilmaz and Bekiroglu Volkan. The club bought Omer Riza from Denizlispor, Akyel Fatih from PAOK, Igor Stepanov from a Serbian team (Vojvidena or something) and Ahmet Sahin from Istanbul Bld. but nothing changed. The team looks like one with a star (Tekke) and ten idiots around... I'm very disappointed with Halilhodzic as well, he did nothing to reverse the bad flow...

AH YES! The great Trabzonspor! The famous side that was knocked out of the CL by the Great ANORTHOSIS! My favourite part was when you scored a second goal in the last minute of the second leg in Turkey only for it to be disallowed for offside! You should have seen the look on all your faces! I LOVED IT!

There's no need to increase the tension so spitefully. Keep calm man!

O Z G U R

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Trabzonspor have appointed Brazilian Sebastiao Lazaroni as their new coach. The decision came after speculations linking Hector Raul Cuper, Jacques Santini and Aad De Mos to the Black Sea club.

Lazaroni coached Fenerbahce in 1996-97 and was sacked on Week 19 after Fenerbahce fell to sixth place...

What a terrible appointment!!! Signing a loser after loser... :(

• 1 month later...
Trabzonspor's unsettled Czech forward Tomas Jun has returned to his previous club, AC Sparta Praha, on a one-year-loan deal. The option to buy will be given to Sparta if they come up with an offer of €3.7M, the fee Trabzonspor paid last year for the 23-year-old's services..

Archived