Phantis Forums

Anorthosis v Rangers

Guest Protathlitis

The clubs last met 10 years ago, when a Gordon Durie goal was all the separated the sides over the two legs. I don't see too easy a night for the Gers.

What price for a Cypriot win I wonder. :whistle:

This reminds me a little bit of when Greece was in the Euro.

Now that Anorthosis has passed the Turkish team it could be downhill from here in order to get into the group stage. If the country is behind them you know the players are going to acknowledge that and will give 110% on the field.

Don't get me wrong.... Rangers are definitely the favorites in this match, but this is soccer and anything can happen.

All it takes is 1 goal.

BRAVO ANORTHOSIS

Anorthosis will be missing the suspended katsavakis and german tank Marco Haber due to a red and yellow cards respectively..

Xenides and Georgi Kinkladzde will be taking there place..I cant wait for Kinkladzde to do his magic on the pitch he is looking forward to this game....He was snubbed a few years back by rangers pay back is a bitch...

Lets go Anorthosis to the group stages we need a good result in Cyprus....

Let's not get carried away, but I agree Rangers of today are not the force that they were 10 years ago.

the whole of Cyprus will be behind Anorthosis again.

You are wrong my friend. Nobody is behind anorthosis anymore. We were behind them against the turks but no fan in Cyprus want his opponent into the group stages before his own team.

All 3 teams and their fans are alone now to achieve the best they can in the competitions.

Do not even think about it :D We can have 25,000 fans alone. If you come that means a real Omonoia lad will be without ticket.

As for other Omonoia fans not sharing my opinion you are wrong dude. No hard feelings but you don't want either Omonoia or Apoel to enter Champions League groups because of the huge prizes compared to our budget..

We supported you because you played against the worst enemy of our nation.

Let's not get carried away, but I agree Rangers of today are not the force that they were 10 years ago.

the whole of Cyprus will be behind Anorthosis again.

You are wrong my friend. Nobody is behind anorthosis anymore. We were behind them against the turks but no fan in Cyprus want his opponent into the group stages before his own team.

All 3 teams and their fans are alone now to achieve the best they can in the competitions.

See thats the mentality that is destroying a small football nation..We should be coming together a supporting all our teams in Europe...Anorthosiates will be supporting Apoel and Omonioa against the Isrealis and Romanians and vise versa..We are a small country to have too many differences if any team progresses in Europe it brings the country point taotal up and maybe gets them an extra team in Europe next year...thus missing some qualification games we dont have to play..But your mentality is killing our football.

We should be suppporting all teams in Greece and in Cyprus who ever they play in europe remember it is about greek pride then everything else should come in to play...

Anyways Airy if i was in Cyprus now i would be going to Anorthosis , Apoel and Omonioa matches..Im an Apoelista but when it comes to national pride i couldnt give too craps about anything else....

Good luck to all the teams representing Greece and Cyprus,,

anorthosis we hope u make it too the group stages it would be great!!!

CHEERS bides :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Airy i thing u got ur answer. If u r worried about other teams buget then i wonder if u know what really goes on in cyprus foodball. <_<

Anorthosis has a debit of 3 milion cyprus pounds and last year was the best team.

Omonoia is one of the few teams that have no big debits yet did nothing last year in the championship. It was the worse omonoia for years and the fans wanted the president out.

so believe that u r not thinking right ;)

man if i lived in england i would be rich by now they are way too arrogant about their football......11/4? thats a bet worth taking. Rangers beat Anorthosis 10 years ago 1-0 agg score.....Anorthosis were unlucky.....and that was when Rangers were good and Anorthosis sucked.......now its the other way around..

call me crazy but i see a 2-0 win for KYPROS. Anorthosis can definitly do this, they just beat Trabzonspor who is way better than Rangers....

Im considering watching this game instead of going to find Supersport to watch PAO....

FORZA ANORTHOSIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just saw first half.......

Anorthosis VERY VERY unlucky and cheated at same time...Rangers are playing like punks doing thousands of fouls because Anorthosis are passing all around them they are great.....one chance for rangers brilliant shot brilliant save....the rest is all KYPROS. Froussos is very very unlucky tonight 2 golden opportunities missed

I didnt realize Anorthosis was so good this year.....they really play well have good chemistry and have made some brilliant exploitations of the Rangers defense. My hats off to them if they to dont make it to the group stage they will have quite a show in UEFA.

guys take that bet Anorthosis is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Rangers tonight. Only shaky part is the defense but possesion, attackin Anorthosis are better.

Also Timur is a great player for his age......Rangers are having nightmares with him.

hopefully luck will change a bit then Anorthosis will get a deserved win and send these punks into UEFA...they are playing dirty and they can hardly pass it would be a real unjustice if they went though - to football (as the brits say)

:box:

GO ANORTHOSIS GREECE BELEIVES IN YOU

:gr: :gr: :gr:

2-1 for Rangers and a crime for football....poor reffereeing, and bad bad luck in finishing. Of course thats not what the british papers will say.....but that Rangers was a complete garbage team. They dont play any smart football, just fouls and long passes. Its a complete waste of time they will get dateraped in the group stages

Rangers have an interesting tactic. kick the ball up the field and on defense foul so many times that the referee wont call them all to try to seem more fair and balnced. Rangers were playing so dirty it was pretty bad. They got a few yellows but deserved reds, especially for the handball blocking Froussos cross in the area (that was hardly an accident) Anorthosis also couldnt finish there big chances so that was a drag....Rangers first goal was an obvious foul and was utter garbage....the second one was the one nice pass rangers made all game. Unfourtunatley Anorthosis just didnt have the quality players to finish the chances and stay composed in defense to finish off those losers...Anorthosis were extremeley well organized and kept great possesions and opened into spaces...Froussos just had no luck...

well im glad i stayed home to watch this game because PAO is getting killed by Kielbasa United.... :tdown:

I saw the game disappointing result hard luck for Famagusta as they were easily the better side..Drakos I agree 100 percent with ur view..Rangers are garbage if the biys could have finished there chances today the Rangers would have been bye bye..froussos was all over the pitch today but he could not fiinsh his chances.

He scored an amazing goal though..The defence was shaky for Anorthosis but remember they were mising two key defenders....The ref missed some calls today they should have two penelty shots but what can u say if u cant finsh you will get punished.. I have too give my hats off too Anorthosis because they worked hard all game but came up short..Hopefully they will give it there all in the return they have nothing to lose..They still have Uefa to look forward too..Heads up Anorthosis u made us proud..Glasgow u will get destroyed in the group stages they are a crappy and violent football team who should have been playing with 9 men today...

Archived