Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Wisla Krakow

Lalin

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lalin, I can't actually say that I agree with you. With several of the crappies missed on course of the draw, Wisla is quite an opposition. They're not as strong as Shakhtar, Betis or Udinese but still an obstacle to overcome. I anticipate a 0-1 PAO win or a 1-1 draw away and a 2-0, 1-0 or 2-1 victory at OAKA...

(Sometime ago Bikofski was rumoured to be going to Wisla. Wut happened?)

I think it was a good draw.

We avoided the tough nuts : Udinese, Betis, Shaktar, Everton

We avoided the Scandinavians: Sure , we are superior to them but they are more fit. Championships in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland is played April to November, hence they are fully fit and that is always tough. Remember Rosenborg in 96?

They probably were one or two teams easier than this, but this made my day definitely.

We will progress fairly easily

Can the Vaslene beat Wisla Krakow?

I really dont think he can :blink:

You are confucing PAO with Olympiakos. PAO is the team in Green that has actually managed to beat teams AWAY in Europe in the past.

You are thinking of the team called Olympiakos, who play in red (you know, the colour of monkey's a**hole :P ). This team Olympiakos have played 8 times in the Champions League and have never won away and have lost to some really poor teams, some worse than Wislaw. ;)

To confuse PAO with Olympiakos is like confusing a Ferrari with Skoda.

:D

picks

FC Basel 1893 (SUI) v [B]Werder Bremen (GER)[/b]

FC Artmedia Bratislava (SVK) / Celtic FC (SCO) v FK Partizan (SCG) / FC Sheriff (MDA)

FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) v FC Internazionale Milano (ITA)

Shelbourne FC (IRL) / FC Steaua Bucuresti (ROU) v Rosenborg BK (NOR)

Manchester United FC (ENG) v Debreceni VSC (HUN) /

HNK Hajduk Split (CRO)

Malmö FF (SWE) / Maccabi Haifa FC (ISR) v FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) / FC Thun (SUI)

Everton FC (ENG) v Villarreal CF (ESP)

FBK Kaunas (LTU) / Liverpool FC (ENG, holders) v KF Tirana (ALB) / PFC CSKA Sofia (BUL)

Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR) v Udinese Calcio (ITA)

Vålerenga IF (NOR) /FC Haka (FIN) v Club Brugge KV (BEL)

F91 Dudelange (LUX) / SK Rapid Wien (AUT) v FK Rabotnicki (MKD) / FC Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS)

RSC Anderlecht (BEL) / PFC Neftchi (AZE) v SK Slavia Praha (CZE) Anorthosis Famagusta FC (CYP) / Trabzonspor (TUR) v Rangers FC (SCO)

FC Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO) / Brøndby IF (DEN) v AFC Ajax (NED)

Real Betis Balompié (ESP) v AS Monaco FC (FRA)

Wisla Kraków (POL) v Panathinaikos FC (GRE)

Can the Vaslene beat Wisla Krakow?

I really dont think he can :blink:

You are confucing PAO with Olympiakos. PAO is the team in Green that has actually managed to beat teams AWAY in Europe in the past.

You are thinking of the team called Olympiakos, who play in red (you know, the colour of monkey's a**hole :P ). This team Olympiakos have played 8 times in the Champions League and have never won away and have lost to some really poor teams, some worse than Wislaw. ;)

To confuse PAO with Olympiakos is like confusing a Ferrari with Skoda.

:D

AMAZING HOW THIS IS A PAO TOPIC where he says u might not be able to beat wisla and how do u come back?

by posting stuff about OSFP

bravo good comeback

congratulations\!

then u say who starts arguments!

but since we are comparing u guys are like red sox and us the yankls

we always finish first and u guys always second

the same year u win a rigged protathlima the red sox win the world series!

ok draw......wisla are good though i remember they were pretty tough agains Barcelona one year.....if were diciplined we will go through. but Wisla tend to be strong. Woulda prefered CSKA Sofia...

i am pissed though the first leg is away... i really wanted to get to see the qualifyer.

Back to the topic. I think we will easilly win Wilsa and procced to CL group stage. Some of their most important players have left and they haven't replaced them yet.

Did anyone notice that ex-Gavros superstar player Marcin Kuźba plays for this team? Hope he is injured or something cause it terrifies me when i remember all the great performances he made with Kokalistan. :P

The a**hole actually stated that he would like to score against PAO and that he knows this would make Gavro fans very happy. No chance he scores in OAKA though cause it's an away match for his team...... Poor boy he still thinks that in these games you always loose. That's what Gavros taught him anywayz and that is a good sign for us.

:LOL: :LOL:

NOT the easiest, NOR the hardest draw.

PAO has a tradition of these draws.

We do NOT get the "walk in the park" sides, but had one formidable opponent, against which we failed to qualify.

I would rate Wisla in the same strength category as Hajduk Split, Steaua Bucharest, Polonia Warsaw, and Slavia Prague...

It was close vs Split, but part of that was due to 0-0 at OAKA with NO fans.

PAO has to perform !!!

I will be at OAKA for the return leg. :tup:

PEACE

Come on guys, I was making a joke in response to Protathlitis saying we would lose whereas history says the opposite.

I said what I said about gavro because it was a gavro fan who said that and in historyit's them who has the most incompetent performances in Europe. It was said half jokingly anyway. :P but very precise and factually correct :P

Anyway, PAO have a good showing against polish teams in the past. The one that I will always remember is the Champions League quarter finals in 1996 when we drew 0-0 in Warsaw against Legia and won 3-0 at OAKA to get to the semi-finals..... (where gavro have never been before, even in their widest dreams and most optimistic thoughts, by the way :P )

Guest ozim12

Hi from Poland.

Something about Wisla Krakow.

Wisła is the best Polish team, although they have sold recently their best player Maciej Zurawki to Celtic fo 3,1 mln euro, and Mirosław Szymkowiak to Trabzonspor earlier for 0,8 mln euro.

Wisla is champion of Poland three times a row, always with big dominance.

Current squad of Wisla

DEFENDER :: Baszczyński, Marcin :.. 28 RD

MIDFIELDER :: Brożek, Piotr :.. 22 lata LM

STRIKER :: Brożek, Paweł :.. 22 lata SC

MIDFIELDER :: Błaszczykowski, Jakub :.. 19 lat RM

MIDFIELDER :: Cantoro, Mauro :.. 28 lat CM

STRIKER :: Dawidowski, Tomasz :.. 27 lat SC

DEFENDER :: Dudka, Dariusz :.. 22 lata LB

MIDFIELDER :: Ekwueme, Martins :.. 19 lat CM

STRIKER :: Frankowski, Tomasz :.. 30 lat SC

MIDFIELDER :: Gołoś, Konrad :.. 22 lata MC

DEFENDER :: Głowacki, Arkadiusz :.. 26 lat DC

BRAMKARZ :: Juszczyk, Marcin :.. 20 lat GK

STRIKER :: Kmiecik, Grzegorz :.. 21 lat SC

DEFENDER :: Kokoszka, Adam :.. 18 lat DC

DEFENDER :: Kowalczyk, Jacek :.. 23 lata LD,DC

STRIKER :: Kuźba, Marcin :.. 28 lat SC

DEFENDER :: Kłos, Tomasz :.. 32 lata DC

BRAMKARZ :: Majdan, Radosław :.. 33 lata GK

MIDFIELDER :: Paulista, Jean :27 lat RM

BRAMKARZ :: Piekutowski, Adam :.. 30 lat GK

STRIKER :: Penksa, Marek :.. 32 lata SC

MIDFIELDER :: Sobolewski, Radosław :.. 28 lat DMC

DEFENDER :: Stolarczyk, Maciej :.. 33 lata LD

MIDFIELDER :: Uche, Kalu :.. 22 lata RM

MIDFIELDER :: Zieńczuk, Marek :.. 26 lat LM

ages POSITION

I think they will play against PAO :

MAJDAN

Kłos??----Kowalczyk??(Głowacki??)-----Sauso??----Dudka

Uche(Błaszczykowski)----Cantro(Uche)-----Sobolewski-----Zieńczuk

Frankowski-----Paweł Brożek(Penksa)

Majdan has played for PAOK in 2003/2004

In defend unqestionable are Kłos and Dudka.

Baszczyński in the last match in UEFA received red card.

There's no good substitute for him at right.

Głowacki is after injury....

Sobolewski can shoot great from distance.

Nobody knows what Paulista will play....

Cantoro has good techninque, but lacks od speed.

Uche returned from Bordeaux, now he plays best in Wisla

Kuźba is after injury....

Frankowski without form...

Paweł Brożek is the world champion in the unhitting at the empty net...:)

Nobody knows what Penksa will play....

Best players are: defend - Kłos

midfield - Uche

striker - Frankowski - one of the best strikers in WC 2006 Quals - 6 goals

Wisla recently has signed - Konrad Gołoś - Polonia Warszawa

- Jean Paulista - FC Maia (Portugal)

- Dariusz Dudka - Amica Wronki

They also will buy Jukka Sauso from Finland - DC

There was something about Olisadebe in Wisla before season

Everybody in Kraków are happy after draw results, because they don't draw MU, Inter, Ajax, Monaco....but it won't be easy....

They says: NOW OR NEVER !!!

Wisla can win with the best - last years Schalke, Parma, Inter at home, Saragossa

and loose with Valerenga and Dinamo Tibilisi...

This season Wisla drawed with Górnik Łęczna 1:1 (Uche) after poor 1st half

Górnik Łęcza wants to sign Maciej Bykowski :)

I think Wisla has 30-40 % chance to the CL group....

Best English Wisla Site:

http://www.wislakrakow.com/index_eng.php

Ozim, you gotta face facts, Pao is the best greek side, while Krakow hasnt had much european success of late which is why you were unseeded. With all do respect you could have done so much better in the draw, only ones worse were Man u, Inter and Liverpool, you drew one of the hardest sides, and I feel sorry for u. As for chance, I wouldnt give Krakow more than 10%. Ive been reading the website u gave, and I hate the fact everyone thinks were so easy to defeat, and how everyone is optimistic. Same mistake with Greece in 04'.

Good luck though!!! :D

I agree with Turk. Visla is a team that can kick you out.

But so is Slavia and Spartak Prague and they are uor best customers.

Conlusion: we are better but there is some important opposition to overcome. Playing like with the aforementioned teams we are through with a victory and a draw.

I like the draw... we came very close to drawing Betis--not a good early draw for us. Don't forget, we have a new team, and Melitzanas doesn't have much time to put it together. I think if we take it seriously, we can go through.

Playing the first game in Poland may not be to our advantage if we think we can take care of them in Athens. PAO should be agressive in Poland too. Hope that Manolis & Warzycha can give us some pointers on Wisla.

Good draw, let go and get them now.

Guest Protathlitis

You are thinking of the team called Olympiakos, who play in red (you know, the colour of monkey's a**hole :P ).

pwaah TRIFFILARA. the trifilli which every pao fan tickles his 'a**hole with when he is still in the CL qualifying stage :LOL: :LOL:

talk about history with polish teams?

in 96-97 you were knocked out of qualifying by Rosenborg and then were eliminated in the 1st UEFA cup round by Legia Warsaw

Archived