Phantis Forums

Anorthosi v Trabzonspor

Which team will make it to 3rd round of qualifiers?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will make it to 3rd round of qualifiers?

• Trabzonspor
    • Anorthosi Famagusta

Yeah, the expected package has now been unfolded. Last year's unlucky losers against Dynamo Kyiv, Trabzonspor of Turkey will now meet with Anorthosi of KRK. In terms of squad depth and quality, there's no doubt in my mind that Trabzonspor are a better and more organized team than Anorthosi. If they are not tangled to the possible tricks, they will go through with ease in my opinion.

This is a CRAZY match.... and I'm curious to see if UEFA or FIFA is going to do anything about it. We all know the tension between Cyprus and Turkey and hopefully it doesn't come through in this match.

Other than that I also believe that Trabzonspor has a great team and it's a bit stronger than Anorthosis, but anything is possile because it is soccer.....

May the best team win

:tup:

wow, three votes for Anartosis? that is very optimistic. Trabzonspor will eat the Zyprions for brekfest...

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

It seems that u didnt eat us afterall.Well i guess we were just to much for ur stomach.

Either way see u again in 1 week and may the best qualify.

it seems that somehow Greek sides play very well against Turkish oposition, sometime much wealthier.

Fener-Pana (0-0, 1-4), Aigaleo-Geser(1-0, 1-1), Oly-Galata (3-0, 0-1), Anorthosi now....You have never qualified in a knock-out phase...

You guys got to admit that so far we beat you every time we get you...

And do not tell me about friendly games. Real games!!

Classical derbies have their own history!! Always unpredictable!

Even if Transzor qualifies anorthosis will be the winner...

it seems that somehow Greek sides play very well against Turkish oposition, sometime much wealthier.

Fener-Pana (0-0, 1-4), Aigaleo-Geser(1-0, 1-1), Oly-Galata (3-0, 0-1), Anorthosi now....You have never qualified in a knock-out phase...

You guys got to admit that so far we beat you every time we get you...

And do not tell me about friendly games. Real games!!

Classical derbies have their own history!! Always unpredictable!

Even if Transzor qualifies anorthosis will be the winner...

in friendlies that i remember:

Besiktas - Ksanthi 2-3

Galatasaray - OSFP 2-0

AEK- Besiktas 5-1

Galatasaray - AEK 2-1

AEK - Galatasaray 0-0

no offence taken, mate. the offence should be taken by Trabzonspor. I never saw them play so badly in any European game for years. Even when they lost to Dynamo Kyiv 2-0 last year it was not this shitty. I mean, after first ten minutes it seemed obvious that Trabzon was going for the victory. Two very neat opportunities wasted by Yilmaz and than our usual "Grecophobia" commenced... After the first goal, I realised something will go wrong. I'm not talking about Yattara, he should be sent off along with Hadji on 42' when they tangled and elbowed each other. The only Trabzonspor player that seemed to have it going was Szymkowiak. #7 dominated the centre of the midfield but his lights puffed out as soon as Nicholaou's goal. Although I am not a fan of Tekke, he again showed he was an important player for the team. Not only he scored a vital goal, he also created two quick plays with Gokdeniz, in a one-two Gokdeniz should have put the final say in 81' just before Frousso goal. The problem Trabzonspor had was about centre of defence. Every time a Cypriot player broke through there was no stopping. Fabiano Eller, signed to replace high-profile Tolga, played like a piece of s%$#! throughout the game and his replacement Cora conceded two goals in five minutes.

I still think Trabzon will have the final say at Avni Aker because Anorthosi is not a team that is capable of even competing with Trabzonspor (no offence to Greek friends) After ten minutes, everything went right for them and it was just as good as that. I don't think Trabzonspor will make the idiotic mistakes they did yesterday and will probably progress with a 3-0 or 4-0 win.

May football and sportmanship win regardless of who goes through! :)

exactly...

and zachos, here are some friendly game results for your liking...

Caykur Rizespor-Olympiacos: 3-1 (Pre-Season '03)

Scoda Xanthi-Istanbulspor: 1-0 (Deniz scored the goal)

Malatyaspor-Panionios: 1-2 (Pre-Season '04)

PAOK-Galatasaray: 0-2 (@ Toumba in '99)

but my favourite was... AEK-BJK: 5-1... not because Besiktas lost or I have anything against BJK but I sweetly remember Okay Karacan's comments during the game...

"Evet sevgili seyirciler. Ben size 3. golu anlatırken AEK 4. golu de buldu."

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you are having fun with a Turkish team shame on u :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

so...

don't we have fun with Fenerbahce when they lost to Man U 6-2, PAO 4-1 or when they recorded 0 points in CL??? didn't you guys have fun with us when we ended up sixth a few seasons ago??? if you could check the whole message you'd see that there was nothing against your team.

but my favourite was... AEK-BJK: 5-1... not because Besiktas lost or I have anything against BJK but I sweetly remember Okay Karacan's comments during the game...

if you still can not understand what I mean, look at the quotation and the bold underlined statement. :blink:

did i say you hate or u dont like Besiktas? no i dont remember

but you shouldnt have fun with Turkish teams(Fener or Besiktas etc.)

i dont like Fenerbahce and Galatasaray.. but i was/am/will be a supporter for ALL Turkish teams in Europe.Because They are playing for TURKISH FOOTBALL.

if you still can not understand what I mean, look at the quotation and the bold underlined statement.

We face the same problem in Greece and all countries face it...

Some people see it 100% team wise others 100% NationWise

I see it nation wise

I like to support Greek Teams no matter if nationally they are rivals. But I dont do it in a Deeply Nationalistic sense ... I just believe its good for the Sport and in the long run my team also ....

Here we have an additional issue... When Greek teams Face Turkish teams there is a fortified tendency to see the games even more in a nationalistic way...

Dont fall into that trap.

Just accept that its twice as sweet to win Turks/Greecs in a G-A-M-E

Capture the term GAME and relax... Just an advice ... Not a mod intervention

Just some help from a fan to others ;)

I like to support Greek Teams no matter if nationally they are rivals. But I dont do it in a Deeply Nationalistic sense ... I just believe its good for the Sport and in the long run my team also ..

thats what i mean.

OK, that could be your choice, Manny. But you have to be respectful to the members who see the situation oppositely. I'm team-based a Basinas strike beating Rustu from 40 metres pleases me when it's Panathinaiko-Fener. But it would not if it wew Turkiye-Ellas surely...

why didn't Fatih Tekke start the match?

Tekke had a surgery on his disk in June (just after NT games) and he was given a month's rest so Senol Gunes did not start with him. In fact, fielding him wasn't in the plans as well. He will be fit for Aug 3. By the way, Tekke seems to be the only player who is "still" confident of winning the tie. That's too bad for Trabzonspor. :(

Archived