Phantis Forums

WCq: Kazakhstan - GREECE

Ziaka

On September 7, 2005 the Greek NT travels to Almaty to play Kazakhstan at the Centralny Stadium. Game time is 16:00 GR.

FIFA has assigned Alexandr Tudor from Romania as the referee of the game.

It goes without saying that the only acceptable result is a win by our NT.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ijn my opinion everyone I think that there's going to be alot of HEAT on "King Otto".

I trully believe that this is where things are going to get nasty between Greeks and his type of team. We all know how we've been questioning of players and sometimes of tactics and so-forth but this is the one that's going to get everyone really wound-up if don't get amximum points in this match.

I hope that I'm wrong and that Otto and our mnen come away w/ a huge victory!

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Dellas should be back and if we can build up some kind of lead then otto should sub some of these players on 1 yellow: Giannkops, Kara, Soto, Vyntra, Goumas, Charisteas and Dellas. that way players on 1 yellow can play vs. Denmark

i would not take this game lightly at all but to be honest i will be more interested in Turkey-Denmark as a favorable result in that match will put us into 2nd.

no major injuries and Dellas should be back but the game is in 2 months and it's too early to post a line-up

A win on our national team's aprt will depend upon whether the players can get into full game shape by that time. I'm hopeful that they can but with so many without clubs at the moment...Dellas, Kyrgiakos, Tsiartas (I know he doesn't really count)...it might be difficult for them to do so.

don't worry Dellas has lots of suitors and he'll find work somewhere, it's important to field our 1st team and score lots of goals to get some confidence before going to Denmark.

i saw the game Ukraine-Kazahkstan and Ukraine won 2-0 but they scored the first goal because of goalkeeper error so i would like to see us score a ton of goals but i don't think it will happen. we need to score early so we can play more relaxed afterwards.

Greece 2-0 Kazakhstan

Every game is now a must win and what's more, we have to hope that Turkey doesn't win when they play against Denmark. With the full backline (Dellas, Kapsis, Seitaridis, Fyssas) ready to play, we should definitely win this one easy. I say standard 4-4-2, with Papadopoulos and Charisteas as forwards (I think Charisteas scored 2 goals against Kazakhstan last time).

• 4 weeks later...

Kazakhstan has just lost at home to Georgia 1:2 - they were leading 1-0 at the half-time but the Demetradze scored twice for Georgia in the 2nd half.

it's now 8 losses in 8 games for Kazakhstan (0 pts, GD 3:23) which puts them in the same league with San Marino & Luxembourg :1eye:

There should really be no problems for Greece in Almaty

2-0 Greece :)

There should really be no problems for Greece in Almaty

2-0 Greece :)

this would have been no problem last year

but its a huge one right now after another goaless loss for Greece v Belgium

Greece has gone 6 straight matches w/o a goal

and now we seem to have some defensive problems

u would also think KAZ is bound to get a point somewhere

i mean things are getting alot worse for us period

Loup, I hope your prediction becomes reality re file, because I am slowly beginning to lose faith in Otto' tactics, and I am getting fed up with this lazy mentality that has stricken our Ethniki. They look scared and defeated from the opening handshake with the opposing team lately. They have become a far cry from the team that triumphed in Portugal last summer, and it is truly a shame. I don't know what Otto can do in less than a month, but he has to shake this team up somehow.

I am not too confident about the team either - but I think Kazakstan is brutal and we will win - it could be the right medicine open up the scoring floodgates

Lybe looked good and once others are fit we are still the favourites for the 2nd spot I think :gr:

I agree re. Turkey losing to the Danes - the 2nd spot will come down to the game in Denmark with a tie being likely good enough for us to go through

Against Kaz - I hope we don't hit 10 posts and come home scoreless again

i agree too, Turkey will loose or draw at best vs. the danes, all the turks i talked to say they have really srewed themselves up the rear by bringing back their old coach and in the process hakan sukur who is finished.

i reckon we will beat kaz 1-0 on a really scrappy goal, 2-0 w/ a little luck

The NT's confidence must be pretty low at the moment after that friendly with Belgium. Don't know what's going on with the team but they are not working as the cohesive unit they once did.

I'm still optimistic though and I'll say 1-0

the team was awesome during EURO 2004, but after that they were living in the past and not the present or futre, since then things have gone down hill and now (thanks to some losses) our confidence is down and thats why we cant score.

also our players are getting older and nothing lasts for ever...we have to bring in younger players so the team will stay strong in the future

Archived