Phantis Forums

PAO joining NBA?

Kostas

I think that it will be fantastic.

First of all you get away from all this misery that the Basketball has been in Europe and in Greece. You know, the FIBA-ULEB figths, the fans "kicking" each other, the refs etc.

I just hope that if it comes true, the fans and the team will adjust to the mentality of the NBA.

I don't think that the traveling will affect their decision. For example from NY or Chicago is closest to flight to Mandrit than to LA. And I can imagine that the teams will give the 3-4 games of their Europe schedule in one trip.

So will the teams take a 20 hours plane trip to play with eachother?!

Unlikely to happen...

Obviously u have never flown the trip before.....its not even close to 20hrs....
Must be 15 hours between Athens and Los Angales(New York is 11 hours from Istanbul)! :whistle:

20 or 15? Doesn't change a thing! It's way too long! :blink:

I don't think that the traveling will affect their decision. For example from NY or Chicago is closest to flight to Mandrit than to LA. And I can imagine that the teams will give the 3-4 games of their Europe schedule in one trip.

Travelling is indeed the biggest problem for teams both financially and physically.

I think the best thing to do is helping the European league to reach the quality of NBA and organise a final series between the winners of both the Euro league and NBA...

New York- Athens is ~7 hours. So Athens - LA should be ~13 hours. But Kerr this is not the point. Because LA will do this trip once, and will play all their European games. Don't underestimate the power of the European market. NFL has already made an opening in Europe, and NBA will definately want to do the same.

New York- Athens is ~7 hours. So Athens - LA should be ~13 hours. But Kerr this is not the point. Because LA will do this trip once, and will play all their European games. Don't underestimate the power of the European market. NFL has already made an opening in Europe, and NBA will definately want to do the same.

NY-Athens 7 hours?!! It can't be true! It must be same with NY-Istanbul time... :blink:

I don't know, i still don't see this as a realistic project. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

wow thats way off. it takes me 7 hrs Washington Zurich then another 3 to Athens.

To LA is far more than 13 hrs. I think it takes about 5 or 6 from LA to New York. This is also if it was direct, with no layover or anything.

Also I hope PAO doesnt become like the typical NBA team. PAO games are exiting to be at and watch because are fans are so fanatical. NBA games and atmospheres are incredibly dull.

Archived