Phantis Forums

Good LUck Anorthosis!

bides

It's almost half of the 2005 season in Belarus (12 out of 26 rounds played) & it looks like Dinamo is doing terrible - they are 12th, third from bottom.

Dinamo has already changed the coach - Basmakov for Sukanov, but the results haven't been much better since.

They have a young team (average age under 24) so I don't think they have many players with international experience. They didn't have a single player called up in the national team this year (home/away draws with Slovenia & 0-0 at home with Scotland).

Maxim Tsigalko is the only player from their squad I've heard of, but he's probably injured or complety out of form because he didn't scored a goal in 2005.

There aren't many foreigners playing for Dinamo - only 1 Czech, 1 Russian & 1 Brazillian - also pretty unknown players.

They play in a gigantic 50.000+ Soviet-style stadium but this year their average attendance is only about 1.600!

So no pressure from the stands (probably max. 10.000 people) & a young and inexperienced opponent - Anorthosis should get a good result today, at least an away goal.

Yes good result. Now don't forget Omonoia and APOEL, both need good results as well. Come on Omonoia, make Cyprus proud. ZITO KYPRO!

Anorthosis got the goal they deserved and needed..But reading reports they looked tired..great goaltending by Greek Cypriot International Georgialiides..Froussos scored the goal but got injured while shooting..Hopefully next week they can bury the result in Cyprus..... Good luck to the rest of the teams...

Congratulations to Timur Ketsbaia's lads! :tup:

Hopefully, they will finish the job in Cyprus and give politicians a headache with their matchup v. Trabzonspor.

Btw, I expected them to be tired as this is the beginning of their season. Their form will only get better from now on. :)

Today is the return match with Dinamo Minsk in Cyprus.

A victory or 0-0 result will see the Famagusta side through to the next round where they will play Trabzonspor.

Good luck to Anorthosis on this 20th July...

Anorthosis pulled off a grat victory at the GSP in front of 8000 screaming fans...Bring on the Turks 25000 will be waitng for you!!!!! Today marks the 31 anniversary of the Turkish invasion should be interesting because Anorthosis home staduim is in the occupied Varosi..

Konstantinos Samaras scored the goal in the 71st minute..Georgiallides showed why he is the best goalie in Cyprus at the age of 21... The teams expierince was too much for Minsk...Leonidas Kapaitias on loan from AEK Athens gave Anorthosis pace which they needed in the second half..Nicos Froussos who was missing in this game should be ready next week to play the Turks and Hadgi can play next week because he was not able to play in these games.....

Ketsbaiia made timely changes in the game as everyone fought the heat even though Anorthosis was the tired of the two because of only two games played so far....

Congrats to Anorthosis to the Turks we will be waiting in this historic meeting should be interesting!!! I can't wait......

bides...

8000 fans? screaming? was i watching another match from LTV tonight?

cause the one i watched and which said Anorthosis-Minsk on the top right corner i could only see empty chairs and hear a couple of 'koumparoi' swearing all the time.

and why the hell does anorthosis play in nicosia anyway? cant cypriots build a new stadium or something? or anything else than a hotel ?

bides...

cause the one i watched and which said Anorthosis-Minsk on the top right corner i could only see empty chairs and hear a couple of 'koumparoi' swearing all the time.

and why the hell does anorthosis play in nicosia anyway? cant cypriots build a new stadium or something? or anything else than a hotel ?

Gsp fits 25000 Anorthosis home staduim is in Larnaca oly fits 10000 thats why they play in Nicosia...

bides...

How did u like the 15000 fans today chanting the National Anthem..Did u like the Koumbari today..IT was heart that won it today..This team is not that bad u over looked them too much.....they have some dangerous weapons how did u like Froussos when he barried his header in the top corner..The 90 year olds i guess can still play....Get a life and read up on ur history..

Archived