Phantis Forums

Intertoto Cup

MikeS

Aigaleo will be entering the Intertoto Cup next weekend at the beginning of the third round. Their opponents will be Zilgiris Vilnius of Lithuania with the first match to be played in Athens (I believe.)

Intertoto Semi-Final/Final draw was made today:

Semi-Final:

Egaleo FC / FK Žalgiris Vilnius vs. CFR Cluj / AS Saint-Etienne

Final:

Winner of - Egaleo FC / FK Žalgiris Vilnius vs. CFR Cluj / AS Saint-Etienne

vs.

Winner of - IFK Goeteborg / VfL Wolfsburg v NK Varteks / RC Lens

Egaleo avoided 'big' teams such as Dortmund, HSV, Newcastle, Valencia, Lazio & Deportivo...

Egaleo will play in every remaining round first game at home and will be facing pretty tough opponents (possibly St-Etienne & Wolfsburg) - so it doesn't look very promising but they have a slight chance.

Dont Write off Aigaleo

Lens arent much chop, they only fiinished midfield inthe french premiership and wolfsburg have never done much in terms of european competitions so I think Aigaleo have a mighty chance. Plus if i remeber rightly they drew 2-2 against Lazio in last years UEFA Cup so thats gotta say something.

Ella Aigaleo

Dont Write off Aigaleo

Lens arent much chop, they only fiinished midfield inthe french premiership and wolfsburg have never done much in terms of european competitions so I think Aigaleo have a mighty chance. Plus if i remeber rightly they drew 2-2 against Lazio in last years UEFA Cup so thats gotta say something.

Ella Aigaleo

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

they lost 3-1 at home :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

their arse-hole has become larger than the atlantic sea!

they should try to re-think if they want to play in the A ethniki this season. also their stupid coach said something about this game was not important. but hey why did theyenter this turnament.

I for one don't know why because from reading articles on the team this past week, it looks like they only started training a week and a half ago. I could be wrong of course, but did they even have a friendly?

Oh well, I generally never want to see a Greek team lose in a European competition but since this is Mitropoulos' team, I have to admit I don't really mind. And add to the fact Beos' Panionios might be relegated to B' Ethniki, this may have been a very positive week for Greek football! :P

Archived