Phantis Forums

July 4, 2004 (One Year Anniversary)

plato-ny

I decided to put all the Greek goals of Euro 2004 to relive the glory of Euro 2004. Enjoy:

June 12, 2004:

Portugal-Greece 0-1 (halftime)

Portugal-Greece 1-2 (second half)

June 16, 2004:

Spain-Greece 1-1

June 20, 2004:

Russia-Greece 2-1

June 25, 2004: (Quarterfinals):

France-Greece 0-1

July 1, 2004: (Semifinals):

Czech Republic-Greece 0-1 (Overtime)

July 4, 2004: (Finals):

Portugal-Greece 0-1

If you want to see the Trophy Presentation, just click my signature.

great moments...but i have to admit the best moment for me was the goal of Dellas- even more than the Charisteas goal in the final.....i have never jumped so high/screamed so loud/ran so fast into the streets.....last summer was truly magical....best show in portugal and best olympics ever....

I bought the DVD's (all games and a recap DVD) some months ago.

I was watching the pack and I caught muself laughing like an idiot and not believing my eyes ...

Few Sporting Achievements and Upsets are this big guys...

The older you are and the longer you have watched Greek football the greater the shock and amazement!

My wish is for an general upgrade in Greek football based on that success.

This year we lost some ground but people DID return to the grounds and many teams (with mine in the forefront - I am proud to say) did a good effort to bring some civilization intot the game

Lets go for better foundations so that next time similar successes will come as a natural outcome of serious and joyfull work!

Go Greece! :gr:

its just hard to imagine and fathom that one year ago tomorrow we were sitting on top of the European world

while many great soccer nations watched from the bottom as we celebrated winning the title

something we will all never forget

we will all be telling our children about this great Soccer team

unfortunately it as gone a bit sour as of late

but this still shouldnt take away wut our National Team did last year

bringing us pride, hope and lots of joy

Lets go Ellas

Like 2ndmouse wrote and I totally agree that this amazing accomplishment by our NT should give a boost to greek football and much motivation and discipline to younger players. And for any player to be part of the NT will be special and an honour.

They already brought us pride and joy and we must not be so quick to criticize like many have been lately. It's like giving those guys a slap on the face just cause lately they been "sour". Look at other strong national teams how they peak and fall too. We expect our NT to win every game but it's not reality cause all of a sudden they're expected to maintain a continuous success rate. I do believe that our NT will not go back to the self-destructiveness like before cause this euro crown brought them to a higher level. They should always require and have our support.

HAPPY 1 year ANNIVERSARY B)

:gr:

well today is the day, happy 1st year aniversary :tup:

i have to say my personal best moment was Karagounis scoring the first goal in the opening match and Otto trying to calm everybody down afterwards, I knew as soon as he scored no matter what else happened in that game, we were going to win it. hopefully this will open the door for another generation to come through but we should not set our expectations too high and expect victory in every match just because we're euro champs, times change, players get older, injured and suspended. we have to be patient and the results will come but one thing for sure, those dark days are long gone.

happy 1st year aniversary from my side too

--this was a real big success .... European Chamionship is the hardest competition of international football in the world i think..... forget the Asia Cup ... forget all America Cups.... real football is in Europe. :D :P

Damn time flies. I'm still surprised it's been one year since stunned the football (soccer) world. Hopefully, we can pull it together to qualify for Germany 2006. I know we can. FORZA ELLAS :tup: :nw: :gr: :gr: :gr:.

BTW: Huge thanks to plato-ny for posting all of our goals from the Euro 2004.! :tup: :nw: :gr:

:angry: :angry: :angry: :

I'm writing this on another comp and I don't know about the rest of you guys but my comp just got royally f*&!ked with the TROJANDOWNLOADER :WIN32/DELF.FN Virus right after I clicked on the 1st goal link!!!! I cannot access my programs. My comp is always frozen. ARRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Yes and I do have firewalls, anti-virus, etc...for this virus to get into my comp it's a bad one cause I've never been hit!!!

PLATO-NY can you please check your links! They could be messed up!

can't u all feel the goosebumps

wut a great ###### team we witnessed and cherished

unfortunately we didn't appreciate the accomplishment like we should have b/c of the current state of Greek soccer

hopefully things will change for the bettter

lets get into the world cup

:angry: :angry: :angry: :

I'm writing this on another comp and I don't know about the rest of you guys but my comp just got royally f*&!ked with the TROJANDOWNLOADER :WIN32/DELF.FN Virus right after I clicked on the 1st goal link!!!! I cannot access my programs. My comp is always frozen. ARRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Yes and I do have firewalls, anti-virus, etc...for this virus to get into my comp it's a bad one cause I've never been hit!!!

PLATO-NY can you please check your links! They could be messed up!

Im sorry for what happened to your computer. But, I checked the links on my computer and they play fine. The last 2 links dont play so well but there are no viruses. How about everybody else?

Im sorry for what happened to your computer. But, I checked the links on my computer and they play fine. The last 2 links dont play so well but there are no viruses. How about everybody else?

Plato-NY what a mess that virus did to my comp. Just weird what happened and since nobody else so far had a problem. Anyways all is fine and formatted.

Getting back to the 1st anniversary. I hope we see and celebrate another cup in the future whenever that will be. Maybe wishful thinking but you never know right. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived