Phantis Forums

GIPEDO - Votanikos

TRIFILARA

Elastonpappou 13, so u would prefer that someone else owns our new ground and any complex's inside it??? shops etc etc??? the only money that PAO managment will make per anum is ticket sales... THATS IT!!!!!

IF your a BIG TEAM u want to own ur own ground... not have someone else own it!!!

To me this stinks!! :angry: :tdown:

Yes but you seem to forget the most important aspect... PAO is not putting ANY money at all in the build up of this stadium!!!! ;)

If they want the stadium to belong to Municipality of Athens, let them build it then!!!! ;)

Hmmm. Omada tou dimosiou. :whistle:

Re, the deal is simple, PAO gives Leoforos and get to exploit economically the ground for 100 years. In return Dimos will built the stadio on his own.

I think bearing in mind that PAOs ground is not going to be made in the area where PAO fans and management wanted, I think this is the best move. I prefer the municipality of Athens to risk their own money in something that nobody is sure how it is going to pay off, rather than having PAO carry the burdain of the construction which is estimated more or less to 50bn dr!!!

So I guess more or less it is the most fair solution...

Guy, let's be real here... Leoforos was never purchased by PAO! It was given by the dimos for USE as long as PAO played there. Can't be resold.

Also, in my humble opinion, it's totally ridiculous for the taxpayers to fork up the bill for a private & wealthy club to build a gipedo. Com'on. All over, including the US, when the local gov (state/city) pays for a stadium, it turns out that all the money projections for profit are overestimated, if not completely wrong!

What's next? Paying the clubs for ticket money (because the fans don't show up?).... ALready all the PAE have cost the dimosio billions of $ ...

For decades they didn't pay taxes, contributed to pension funds, etc....

I don't want my taxes to go build a gipedo for the rich Kokkalis and Vardi... They've got more than all of us put together!

I think bearing in mind that PAOs ground is not going to be made in the area where PAO fans and management wanted, I think this is the best move. I prefer the municipality of Athens to risk their own money in something that nobody is sure how it is going to pay off, rather than having PAO carry the burdain of the construction which is estimated more or less to 50bn dr!!!

sorry, but I want to build my business stin Platia Syntagmatos, Omonia, or at the very least ston Ethniko Kipo.... (this will save me some landscaping expenses) :blink:

If Vardinogianis wants money of the businesses built around the stadium. He can always ask for a percentage of the profits for having the Pao name used. That percentage could range from 5 to 10 % of anything sold in the Votaniko sports complex and if Gianakopoulos doesn't care the thing should be settled there. :evil:

Leoforos was never purchased by PAO!  It was given by the dimos for USE as long as PAO played there. Can't be resold... 

Absolutely correct. I was about to say that, Leoforos was used by PAO for years, under a similar deal. PAO is just now returning it to the city.

...I don't want my taxes to go build a gipedo for the rich Kokkalis and Vardi...

Yes, my dear "sympolith", but we (the tax payers), do not have the "inside help" that those two @#$$% have! :angry:

I think bearing in mind that PAOs ground is not going to be made in the area where PAO fans and management wanted...

The only good reason for "Dimos" building the stadium.

But again PAO gets the "raw" deal, since Kakalis got his EXACTLY where he wanted ;)

... 50bn dr!!!

Drachmes were extinct years ago :P ... Euros please!

PEACE

• 1 month later...

They have signed the papers.IIS FINAL. Dora Backogianni, vardinogiannis and erasitaxnis panathinaikos signed the contract and the stadium will start being built on October 1st 2006 and will be completed in 18 months. It will be a 40000 capacity stadium. For all those who keep complaining tax payers wont pay anything cause the whole project willl be self financed. PAO will rent the stadium. And for those who are also complaining that we should own the stadium I ask them why? Every big european team that has a new stadium rents it. Bayern with Allianz Arena, Arsenal with their new stadium (dont remember the name)

etc.

BIG DAY FOR US :tup: :tup:

Pao fans if u don't like the deal

complain to Vardiogiannis

he doesn't want to build a ###### gipedo with his own money its that simple

why i are u saying this!

tell me did vromokokkalis put any money in karaiskaki?

the answer is no!

dont talk about things u dont know of!

The bottom line is we lost again to Kokalis.

Karaiskaki belonged to Ethniko and not Osfp.

Kokalis made sure to kill Ethniko and also Ethnikos is not even let to play in Karaiskaki any more.

So Vardinogianis gave up Leoforo and Kokalis kicked out Ethniko.

Kokalis makes money of the stores around the stadium while Vardinogianis won't.

Kokalis didn't put money in the stadium. It was part of the Olympics 2004 plan.

Vardinogianis won't put money ethter.

Do the math and you will see who wins. Kokalis or Vardinogianis... :1eye:

Almamatter my friend this is not a winner - loser situation. The fact that Kokalis is a mobster and robed people with the all the Karaiskaki thing doesnt mean we should follow his steps. At least we have some dignity. Once again I must inform you that it's a common practice throughout Europe for big clubs not to put any money to built stadiums and let the companies that built it to earn the money from the shops. It doesnt have anything to do with kavouria.

Look, I wouldn't be pissed off because we were about to built a 60.000 capacty stadium.

Then the said it will be 55.000 to 60.000.

Then they said it is going to be 45.000

Now they agreed it is going to be 35.000 with Max 40.000

I thought that the only reason we are leaving Leoforo was that they could built a bigger stadium.

They said Leoforo could be a Max of 30.000 if rebuilt or added a second stage.

Now I really feel like were are totally idiots for building a stadum to the likes of Karaiski.

I was totally fooled to belive that as a Pao fan my team's stadum would be the best club stadium in the country. But now it is agreed to be an Osfp look alike.

I am totally dissapointed.

What are they thinking. Against Osfp and Wisla we sold out a 74.000 capacity stadium and we are about to go to a stadium that holds only half.

We are ###### idiots. If it was up to me I wouldn't leave from OAKA unless a 60.000 stadium was promissed.

:tdown:

Pao fans if u don't like the deal

complain to Vardiogiannis

he doesn't want to build a ###### gipedo with his own money its that simple

why i are u saying this!

tell me did vromokokkalis put any money in karaiskaki?

the answer is no!

dont talk about things u dont know of!

took u a long while to react to my comment

say 2 months lol

anywayz congrats to Pao

u can now have your stadio

should be really interesting in derby time

but Olympiakos might make it there second home like they did with Olympic stadium lol

congratulations for finally seing your homeground being built. but what i dont understand is, that instead of being happy about it most people in here are complaining about it. kokkalis didnt pay for karaiskaki, why is it not much bigger than karaiskaki etc. sometimes it looks as if some of you arent panathinaikos but anti-osfp in first place.

anyways. congratulations for your stadium. i would be happy about these news.

p.s. why has sportime the allianz-arena on the front page?! do they really think pao can build a stadium like that?! :blink:

Ashburton Grove is the name of Arsenal's new stadium. It will be completed in 2007 and will be an all-seater 60000-c stadium...

No, you are wrong. Ashbourn Grove is the AREA in North London where they are building their stadium. The name will be 'The Emirates Stadium' because those Airabs' airline is paying most of the costs :LOL:

Look, I wouldn't be pissed off because we were about to built a 60.000 capacty stadium.

Then the said it will be 55.000 to 60.000.

Then they said it is going to be 45.000

Now they agreed it is going to be 35.000 with Max 40.000

I thought that the only reason we are leaving Leoforo was that they could built a bigger stadium.

They said Leoforo could be a Max of 30.000 if rebuilt or added a second stage.

Now I really feel like were are totally idiots for building a stadum to the likes of Karaiski.

I was totally fooled to belive that as a Pao fan my team's stadum would be the best club stadium in the country. But now it is agreed to be an Osfp look alike.

I am totally dissapointed.

What are they thinking. Against Osfp and Wisla we sold out a 74.000 capacity stadium and we are about to go to a stadium that holds only half.

We are ###### idiots. If it was up to me I wouldn't leave from OAKA unless a 60.000 stadium was promissed.

:tdown:

why do u think it will only be 35000?

i know why it is because in the end i bet it would only be less than 33000!

so vomokokkalis can play smart and say to the gay-fans that they have a nice and bigger stadium than ours.

this was also the exactly same thing that did happend with leoforos! to start of it was for 30k+ and in some couple of months it became smaller and smaller.

the last thing i heard was 23k and when it was finished it could hardly hold 18k.

we could have put another tire so it would have been 36k and then end of story.

The only way leoforos could hold a capacity bigger than 20.000 would be to rebuild the whole stadium. And everyone who lives in Athens knows that is something that couldnt be done. The new stadium will have a 40.000 capacity all seated and i think thats a very good number. Stop complaining, this will be our new palace. The most important thing is that in Votanikos there wont be only our football stadium but facilities for basketball and volleyball as well so that our whole family will have a new home. The football stadium alone will cost around 80 ml euro. Cant wait. :tup:

Archived