Phantis Forums

Omonia in the Intertoto

Panathinaikos_Trifilli

Why did Omonia lose 11-0 to Gloria Bistrita???? Did they use an U-11 team or something?

It was Olympiakos Lefkosia that lost 11-0 and yes they were using the B squad the A squad is on holidays still...Poor result even for a B squad...It shows u the class the romanians have...

It was Olympiakos Lefkosia that lost 11-0 and yes they were using the B squad the A squad is on holidays still...Poor result even for a B squad...It shows u the class the romanians have...

WHAT!!!!

For a tournament like this they can't get their regulars to come and play???

This is the reason that Cypriot soccer hasn't really prgressed.

:nono:

There should be no excuse.... 11 - 0 is like playing with a team from San Marino or something.... It only tells me that soccer is on the decline... NO EXCUSES!

WHAT!!!!

For a tournament like this they can't get their regulars to come and play???

This is the reason that Cypriot soccer hasn't really prgressed.

:nono:

There should be no excuse.... 11 - 0 is like playing with a team from San Marino or something.... It only tells me that soccer is on the decline... NO EXCUSES!

Your absolutely right the regulars should have played there is no excuses!!

As bides sed above, it wasnt omonia, it was olympiakos lefkosia, but i agree that greek cypriot teams should have a chance to play in Greece, even if its only one team a season, that would be special. The thing is they deserve it, i saw Apoel play Sparta prague and they annialated them, this 11-0 horror show was a fluke, a bad day, and no-one played, cyprus have very good sides.

I think Olympiakos Nicosia are a disgrace to Cypriot football. If their first team is still on holiday, why did they bother to enter the Intertoto Cup? Their entry has only deprived another Cypriot team from entering and possibly progressing a round or two, thus gaining some extra revenue. Shame on you Olympiakos. P.S. How can you think it was Omonia that lost 11-0?

I think Olympiakos Nicosia are a disgrace to Cypriot football. If their first team is still on holiday, why did they bother to enter the Intertoto Cup? Their entry has only deprived another Cypriot team from entering and possibly progressing a round or two, thus gaining some extra revenue. Shame on you Olympiakos. P.S. How can you think it was Omonia that lost 11-0?

The first team was on holidays the automatically got in Intertoto for finishing 4th in Cyprus they should have forfeited there spot too a team if they didnt want to play in it....I totally agree to think the club does not even care about the result!!!!

Same story..

I think Cyprus have to ask to be excepted from Intertoto for the following reasons:

1) No major cypriot club is interested for this cup

2) The smaller clubs that participate since they don't have the chances of advancing don't want to start their preseason training so early.

Archived