Phantis Forums

PITHANOTITES GIA PROKRISEI

AFTER HUSIN SCORED THAT GOAL TODAY BOYS I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO BE SICK. DOMINATION THE WHOLE GAME BUT WE JUST CANT FINISH WHEN WE NEED TO. VRYZAS MUST GO. IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS IN REHHAGAL'S SQUAD. WE NEED STRIKERS THAT CAN WORK TOGETHER, AND SEEING REHHAGAL USES HARISTEA MORE AS A SUPPORTING STRIKER, ALONG WITH STELARA, HAVING VRYZA UP FRONT IS A BAD DECISION. IT WAS VERY SIMPLE TODAY. SOON AS KARAGOUNI LEFT THE PITCH OUR ATTACKING PRESENSE DETERIORATED, AND TSARTAS WAS A WASTE OF A SUBSTITUTION. VERY LAZY PLAYER(AGE MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT). ZAGORAKI IS THE HEART OF THIS TEAM AND SEEMED READY TO EXPLODE AT HIS TEAMATES. REHHAGGEL HAS SAID HE WILL STICK WITH THE SQUAD THAT WON US EURO 2004, BUT I THINK ITS TIME TO SHAKE THINGS UP A LITTLE, BECAUSE IF WE DO GET INTO GERMANY 2006(BARRING SOME MIRACLE) WE WILL GET CRUSHED BECAUSE WE HAVE NO ATTACKING FLARE WHATSOEVER ON THIS SQUAD. YES WE CONTROLLED THE GAME AGAINST THE UKRAINIANS BUT WHO GIVES A S HIT BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY WE WERE INCONSISTENT, AND THIS TEAM REMINDED WE OF GREECE FIVE YEARS AGO, AND NOT THE EURO CHAMPS OF LAST SUMMER. CONFED CUP WILL BE A GOOD WARM UP FOR THE LAST THREE GAMES IN SEPT AND OCTOBER, AND I HOPE REHHAGEL CHANGES HIS TACTICS. MY ITALIAN FRIEND TODAY SAID THAT WE WILL GET CRUSED 5 OR 6 NOTHING AGAINST BRAZIL ON THE FIRST MATCHDAY, AND EVEN THOUGH I SO MUCH WANT TO OBJECT ON HIS PREDICTION, IF WE PLAY WITH THIS INCONSISTENCY THE SCORE COULD EVEN BE MORE LOPSIDED FOR THE BRAZILIANS. LETS SEE WHAT REHHAGEL DOES IN THIS CONFED CUP, AND IF HE DECIDES TO CHANGE THIS TEAM INTO AN A TEAM THAT IS NOT AFFRAID TO ATTACK (BUT WITH CONSISTENCY) THEN I SAY WE GET THE PLAYOFF SPOT IN GROUP TWO AND GERMANY 2006 WILL BE THAT MUCH CLOSER. IF HE DECIDES TO STICK WITH THE DEFENSIVE FIRST- COUNTER ATTACK APPROACH WE CAN KISS GERMANY GOODBYE PAIDIA, AND THAT IS THE SIMPLE REALITY OF ALL THIS. REHHAGELS GOT TIME AND ITS TIME HE CHANGES HIS TACTICS.

THRYLOS THYRA 7 GIA PANTA

ELLAS OLE!!! AND NOW THE WORLD CUP! :gr:

Good analysis and I agree with what you say. I've been saying even since I watched the Euro that Tsiartas and Vryzas are a waste. There is no reason why we can't bring in some kids to play on the squad like a Gekkas or even Choutos or even Amanatidis. They have some scoring ability....much better than Vryzas. And Tsiartas has been done for more than 2 years now. No reason he should even be considered even for the bench.

i will also have to agree with both of u

its time to move on from your Euro win

Karagounis was playing a good game till his injury and then when Tsaratas came in

he was absoulutely use less

the whole left side was week

he wasn't event taking set pieces

wasteful

Vyrzas had a golden opportunity to score but he just lacked awareness

time to get some younger players and better players to the squad

And Tsiartas has been done for more than 2 years now. No reason he should even be considered even for the bench.

Tsiartas is a quick solution if we desperately need a goal: v. Spain in Euro 2004, v. Ukraine at Kiev, etc.

Other than that, he shouldn't be on the NT but then again...who can replace him? Konstantinidis?

Ela re my guys, good points all around.....i would like to see goumas in bad, but i also trust Rehhagel....i mean look what he has done for us, before the Euro we were undefeated for a year and a half, and then the Euro, and know we still have a chance. We must win three which we can do, the toughest game being denmark, and then we wait and see. As far as yesterdays game , one unlucky play and we lose three points. Remember we were never a scoring team, but a defensive one, and the defense slipped up just once. All the pre game talk of winning was nice, but a tie would now have seemed like a gift from God......

ITS ALL UP TO US!!!

Technically, qualification is out of our hands, but i do not see Turkey gaining 9/9, they will lose atleast two points, so lets not even talk about Turkey. Its all up to Ellas, if Greece can beat Kaz and georgia, then its all up to us beating danishland. If we beat denmark we will go runner-up, and play a shite team, for god is greek.

Its not over till the greek flag stops flying.

REHHAGGEL HAS SAID HE WILL STICK WITH THE SQUAD THAT WON US EURO 2004, BUT I THINK ITS TIME TO SHAKE THINGS UP A LITTLE, BECAUSE IF WE DO GET INTO GERMANY 2006(BARRING SOME MIRACLE) WE WILL GET CRUSHED BECAUSE WE HAVE NO ATTACKING FLARE WHATSOEVER ON THIS SQUAD.

Agree with everything you say and especially this quote.

Rehaggel is a King in Greece will always be one and always be respected. No doubt about that. But someone tell the National Team that just bc they won Euro doesnt mean theyve already qualified for World Cup.

Theres a job on hand to do and it has to be done and its not getting done properly at the moment.

For starters I was really pissed off and annoyed of the tactics and mentality used in Turkey - clearly we went for the draw when on the other hand the game was for the taking. Why take Giannakopoulos on for Lakis. Wasteful move.

And exactly wat everyone has been saying here - why is Vryzas still on. For me - I hated seeing him even in Euro play - my mates who i watch the games with and etc ect can vouch for this and say I always never rated Vryzas. Granted his best moment prolly came when he scored in Highbury how many years ago but i really dun like him.

On the other hand you have Pap, Gkekas, yes even Choutos, Amanatidis and Salpagiddis. There all quality strikers who have proven records play in competitive teams and all have one thing in common - their all relative young.

Why not use them.

Another problem with Greece is apart from thse 5 attacking options we dont have much depth in the rest of the positions. But if Rehagel is gnna stick with the same team from Euro than wheres the competitive edge - i mean if players come in and he starts using otehr options wouldnt the Euro X1 say hey my position is under threat i better start performing bc i wanna play. Competition is good for business and at the moment we need a quick solution.

I cannot comment too much on the Ukraine game as i did not see the full game saw highlights but i did see the Turkey game and from wat i saw i was really annoyed.

In all honesty if we dont make it I think that in that case, the reason for not making it would be on these two games. And in turkey when everyone was saying we got a draw thats good, i had a bad feeling that thats were we lost the prokrisi.

Ante geia paidia and hopefully the Confederations Cup serves as a wake up call!

Good posts. I was speaking w/ a friend of mine months ago about how offensive changes are needed or we'll be in trouble. And sure enough... We won the euro because we were able to disrupt the flow of play of our opposition. They're good at taking the ball away and making quick precise passes when they have the opportunity. And of course an excellent defense. Otto chose the right players for each game and it fell into place.The Ukraine game didn't work because they continually chose to pass the ball up to a teamate who wasn't open. Everyone seemed to be marked and the Ukranians were always ready. Why would you make a pass to someone who clearly isn't open? As great as this team has been, we have our weaknesses: creative offense which everyone has been discussing. If this problem isn't worked on, then forget it. Otto is the greatest but nobodys perfect. I think lately he's been too conservative. I absolutely agree make 2-3 changes and great things can happen. And really it's only 2-3 changes we need it's not like half the team! I hope everyone watches the confederations cup because these games will give us an idea of what will come in the Autumn. Experimentation is whats needed.

I'm still in shock. Yesterday afternoon GreekTV showed last summer's match against the French team and it was soothing to see a world and Euro champion lose to our team. Losing is part of the game. One of the offside goals during the Ukraine match was questionable, and then all those calculated fouls, targeting the Players the Ukrainians were most afraid of, and pretending to be fouled when no one touched them, it was just too bad.

I don't agree w/ you guys on Tsartas; he's not a "lazy" player, he has a certain style. Otto was right to play him when he chose to in the Euro (usually last 20 min). We don't have another player like him w/ his precision free kicks so I think he should stay.

Archived