Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

According to Tuttomercato there was indeed interest from Frosinone but the two sides could not agree on wages. Fronsinone offering 500,000 Euros and Samaras wanting 1.2 million.

http://m.pamesports.gr/352214/gi-ayto-den-ekleise-o-samaras-sth-frozinone?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Perhaps he has other options on the table, but for someone who has played so little in the last year I'm not sure why he would pass on any offer. Aside from Barcelona :-) who else would want him?

Edited by MykinesFC
  • Like it 1

LOL seriously no to 500k? Siga to paixdi. I've always liked and supported Samaras but this is stupid. He essentially hasn't played consistent football in a year and a half come January and he knocks back a Serie A club cos wages are too low. It's a joke, he is a joke. At 31 come feb and having not played at a high level since the World Cup (played a handful of games of WBA mostly as a sub) he is no position to play hard-ball over wages. A lot of us knew he was lazy but this just further proves it. A talented footballer, but one who has zero desire to revive his career and is chasing $$ 

Once again I was always a fan of Sammy, he was my favourite Ethniki player a few years ago, but I have lost respect for him as a footballer. Not only over this incident but the way he has carried himself professionally post world cup has just been poor.

• Like it 1

Another long compilation of Celtic goals http://youtu.be/9x7jCt8tBOo

I think even the biggest cynic among us would admit there is some fantastic stuff here, even if the Scottish league is nothing special. All kinds of ways to find the net and some real skill on display. And as a Greek it does makes me proud to see all the praise coming from the xenoi.

• Like it 1

The SPL is weak but Celtic has always been a quality side.

They showed their quality when Samaras scored against Barca in Champions League.

Samaras isn't finished. He was Man of the Match a WC 2014. 

He needs to stay away from the EPL because they don't rate him. 

Greek League, Portugal, Italy seem best.

• Like it 2

To understand what level the SPL is at one must be familiar with Marco Negri...

Wow I'm not sure that my fluffy post about Sami's goals in an admittedly 'nothing special league' needed a response. The implications however are far reaching!

Negri had 2 very good seasons with Perugia getting them promoted to Serie A, he then had a brief spectacular run in the SPL followed by a string of injuries. He reportedly had a poor work ethic (and long hair and a beard). Therefore all of Sami's accomplishments were a waste - Q.E.D.

Virgil van Dijk played for Celtic. He sometimes defends poorly. He now pays in the EPL. It's so clear to me now! Nothing Sami accomplished had any value. I'm now doubting that the EPL Is a good league.

Machlas scored some soft goals in the Netherlands. It's so clear to me now! How could I not see it before? No more fanboy posts from me.

• Like it 1

@GrkCdn22, I did come to your defence because I believe you do have the right to express your opinion. If others don't agree with it, so be it. You are persistent, I'll give you that. Having said that, saying #winning won't win you any favours, especially once the discussion starts getting heated.

• Like it 1

In my opinion i think Samaras is finished i also agree that Samaras never lived up to the expectations as a youngster but still did alright in his career with Celtic but not with the National team. Also Ninis is the same but the difference is Ninis is younger by 5 years and is playing in a team. Fetfatzidis is another name who i think if he played more games for Olympiakos he would have left earlier and this talk of him finishing his career in a league where you dont care about your career anymore would not happen. He would be playing in a top a league such as La Liga Serie A Bundesliga and Ligue 1. Also other names to mention Koutsianikoulis, Vellios, these are the players who should now should have been our top players, players that are essential to the Ethniki and playing for top clubs in europe.

The only players right now that are doing well for there clubs and at a good age is:

Manolas, Sokratis, Samaris, Mitroglou, Torosidis and K.Papadopoulos.

These are players playing for top teams in good leagues.

Fortounis i believe is saving his career playing at Olympiakos and is in the form of his life.

Other players that still have time are Kapino, Karelis, Pelkas, Oikonomou, Petsos, Stafylidis,Tachtisdis and Mantalos these players have time to still prove themeselves and become starters for bigger clubs in bigger leagues.  

He has shown up in big matches such as Russia, Germany and Ivory Coast. But he has not shown up constitently he was very frustrating to watch like bad decision making poor touches and so on. He is not a top goal scorer either. He had shown more consistency with Celtic than with Greece. If he had scored 20 goals like Charisteas and Gekas than we can say he succeded.

Edited by Dean97

I believe players like Karagounis, Salpingidis, Charisteas, Gekas, Zagorakis and Basinas were more vital. Im not saying Samaras wasnt vital in the team. He was vital to the team but out of everyone in the team he frustrated me the most and at times surprised me at what he can do. The only one in my eyes who i can say did not stuff up or made less mistakes was Karagounis. I think this topic about Samaras is useless he has no club. Its just pointless talking about the past unless you think he has a place now in the team.

I agree about Samaras with Gekas im actually not a fan of him it was only in 2009 and 2010 when he was producing his best for the ethniki after that ive  always said he is useless his slow, lazy and very inconsistent. Samaras was more vital than Gekas overall but i still think that Samaras could have done even better with his decisions, im more of a fan of players like Salpingidis who worked his ass off and showed passion and was more consistent than Gekas  for the Ethniki. If anything im more of a fan of Samaras than Gekas. I just always got annoyed in the decisions Samaras made and i know he could have done even better, thats why im very tough on Samaras. 

Edited by Dean97

You didn't convince me I'm saying that Gekas was more vital in 2009-2010 scoring goals. Samaras is more useful in other areas such as making runs, beating players in the air, showing good touches. I know your a Samaras fan, but don't tell me you weren't annoyed at his inconsistencies and bad decision making.

Edited by Dean97

Yes that's true but did you see the other names I mentioned aswell. The only time Gekas was more vital than Samaras was 2009-2010. Every other time, Samaras was more useful than Gekas. That is what I mean. The other players I mentioned were more consistent but Samaras also was a key player but could've, should've done even better. Your looking at it as Samaras saved the team with the way he played, is it the way you play or is it the assists you give and the goals you score that make yourself and the team successful?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic