Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

american soccer club new york cosmos offered samaras 1.7 million a year and is considering that. he refused an offer from bursaspor but i still hope he goes to sampdoria.

https://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.soccermagazine.it%2Fserie-a%2Fsampdoria-concorrenza-americana-per-samaras-261934%2F&edit-text=&act=url

He'd be mad to go to the NASL. It least at Al Hilal there was a proper league with proper stadiums and Asian Champions League football. If we thought that was a backwater, then what is the NASL?

If the Samp offer has indeed stalled, Bursaspor is a much better option than the bleeding New York Cosmos!

He'd be mad to go to the NASL. It least at Al Hilal there was a proper league with proper stadiums and Asian Champions League football. If we thought that was a backwater, then what is the NASL?

If the Samp offer has indeed stalled, Bursaspor is a much better option than the bleeding New York Cosmos!

1.7 mil is more then any European club would offer him.

Also i might add clubs like Bursaspor always have problems with payments so who would chose turkey over New York, I think nobody.

This is from an American point of view.

Imagine it from an European point of view: Everybody would prefer playing for a team in New York for 1.7 mil a year nobody cares for the league quality.

No team in Europe will pay him this huge amount anymore. No city in Europe that wants him can be compared wth living in New York.

Bursaspor...Sampdoria...etc...all problematic teams

Di Marzio reported that Samaras is heading for a medical at Sampdoria on Tuesday. Assuming no surprises, football-wise this is a very good next step for Samaras after a forgettable season. http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/samaras-will-take-medical-with-sampdoria-on-tuesday/

Now Mitroglou, Kone and Lazaros need to get sorted!

kone will most likely stay with udinese.

http://www.football-italia.net/70547/samaras-has-sampdoria-medical

• Like it 1

Hey for a team that can't seem to score, an assist sounds great! :-o

The Samp story is odd. Now a second set of medical tests have been scheduled for Wednesday. It's now been reported so widely that Samaras is not fit. If Sampdoria dont want him, it may be tough for any other club to take him seriously. I just assumed by the time things progress to the medical that the tests are a formality. Perhaps Wednesday's tests will have a result that allows both sides to save face.

Edited by MykinesFC

in the second medical they look to the extend of his problems and lackings and how long it will take to get him fit. i read that they found out about his back problem and that is still there! i dont believe that he trained his ass off somewhere and that he is fit so thats also a big problem. if i was sampdoria i wouldnt buy him because they need a striker now and not in 2 months so they probably go for denis again. i dont think this move is gonna happen. what a joke.

it's fair to say Samaras had no other offers then this one. Who would chose 750k at a troubled club over 1.7 mil in New York?

He made a stupd choice last year going to WBA. But then again its not really a stupid choice you dont expect yourself to fail at that club.

i guess what I find odd is not whether he is fit or injured or not. What is odd is why would the professionals who manage his career put him in this position (very publicly failing a medical) that at his age could destroy future prospects. it's a side of the game we dont see, but I get the feeling that many of the Greek players we follow regularly get bad advice/management.

Yup, failed again. http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/samaras-its-no-from-sampdoria/

What a farce! Reports mention the possibility of the MLS but the team mentioned is the comparatively less glamorous NASL's NY Cosmos who play in New Jersey. A complete joke. Good luck to him. Still a fan, but he needs better people to prevent this kind of humiliating situation.

I'm a bit irrational when it comes to Salpi and Sammy and I think many are. To me they represent the surprise resurgence of the Greek NT so it's hard for me to dismiss them in their decline.

After the great let-downs of the 2005 Confederations Cup and the 2008 Euro, I was resigned to the fact that as glorious and deserved 2004 was, we would never come close to that again. WC 2010 and Euro 2012 gave us all pride in the NT again and proved that we were capable on the big stage. The symbol of that to me was not just the solid defense but Sammy and Salpi running their asses off and trying to make something happen. Objectively they may not have been the most important players to our success then, but they are who I think of when I think of the NT's resurgence. It's a bit tough to move on :-)

Edited by MykinesFC

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic