Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

Guest TheLegend

of those 21 appearances i could safely say that its like playing 7 full 90 minute games... you cant look at appearances... a 15 second participation in the 95th minute of a match when ur team is up 2-0 and doesnt care to score counts as an appearance....

He probably all in all played 6-8 full games... and scored 6 goals... not bad..

agree w/Dude. This is his chance to get his groove back. He was a prolific scorer in the Netherlands and was a promising talent who now has to live up to his potential (i.e. get serious) or be just another bit player on smaller and smaller teams.

Samaras started 4 games at celtic and came on in 17 games as a sub. he played a total of 851 minutes... which comes to a little more than 9 full games. thats a a scoring ration of 2 goals every 3 games. very good at celtic. He sucked at the Euro but then again who didnt.

Guest TheLegend

He played in a friendly win at southampton celtic won 2-0 he won a penalty by taking a defender 1v1 beating him and getting slide tackled

• 4 weeks later...
Well done to Big Sam (as he's now known in Scotland) for his 2 goals but we still need to see an improvement. The first goal was nice. Good movement and great composure. On 60mins he should have made the keeper work more by opening up his body and shooting with his right foot instead of his left, but he did well to get the chance. The 2nd goal was a beautiful move but he was very lucky to score. He needs to keep working on his finishing but there's no doubt that he is improving! Bravo tou. He should be aiming for at least 20 goals in the league this season.

I hope he starts too but he cant score if the midfeild cant serve him. Greece's midfeild cant serve up the fowards our goals come from long balls from the back. He probably wont score and everyone will call for his head. yet at celtic hes scoring regularly

• 2 weeks later...

He's doing good and it doesn't surprise me. zag7 yeah the NT midfield can't support him or any of the strikers properly because there IS no midfield. Thats entirely Ottos fault for not playing the guys that are necessary. Look he's got Ninis in there and he doesn't even play him. Ninis and Samaras w/ Haristeas in the middle will be pretty lethal. But its good to see him do well in Scotland; they could do something in the CL as well. I'd like to visit Scotland.

We have to make up our mind....Tuff league holland scores some goals...City not 1 but 2 managers not playing him he is done...goes to celtic plays a handful of games of the bench scores...Starts the season en FUEGO,bad league.

Man Karagounis was right we do well people crap on you...is this Greek mentality.

The kid is scoring KEEP IT UP!!!!!

We have to make up our mind....Tuff league holland scores some goals...City not 1 but 2 managers not playing him he is done...goes to celtic plays a handful of games of the bench scores...Starts the season en FUEGO,bad league.

Man Karagounis was right we do well people crap on you...is this Greek mentality.

The kid is scoring KEEP IT UP!!!!!

i dont think dude is crapping on him. he's merely saying that the reason samaras doesnt replicate that form for greece is not merely because he doesnt get support from greece's midfield as clover has argued but also because he is playing against weak opposition. he's right too. look at how many goals samaras has scored from being all alone in the centre of the opposition's defence. if he starts performing like that in the champs lge too and for greece we can start getting excited otherwise bigging him up too much is premature. you have to understand that samaras is arrogant too so the last thing he needs is for people to start blowing wind up his ass. he needs to keep working hard because at the moment he's just an average player.

i dont think dude is crapping on him. he's merely saying that the reason samaras doesnt replicate that form for greece is not merely because he doesnt get support from greece's midfield as clover has argued but also because he is playing against weak opposition. he's right too. look at how many goals samaras has scored from being all alone in the centre of the opposition's defence. if he starts performing like that in the champs lge too and for greece we can start getting excited otherwise bigging him up too much is premature. you have to understand that samaras is arrogant too so the last thing he needs is for people to start blowing wind up his ass. he needs to keep working hard because at the moment he's just an average player.

you could also argue that all the greece based players in our NT are also up against weak opposition week in week out, you could add dellas to that list too. at least playing for celtic gives him more exposure. i think its unfair to call him average just because he's playing in a poor league, haristeas is average not samaras. torosidis and ninis play in a poor league also but i believe they are decent not average players.

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic