Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

congratulations to samaras just won the SPL with celtic. the only greek abroad with any honours this season. shows what a strong character he is and what a great attitude he has could have stayed at man city and won nothing but this has turned out to be a great move for him, hopefully he'll get a good move this summer :gr: :gr: :gr: :tup: :tup: :nw: :nw:

congratulations to samaras just won the SPL with celtic. the only greek abroad with any honours this season. shows what a strong character he is and what a great attitude he has could have stayed at man city and won nothing but this has turned out to be a great move for him, hopefully he'll get a good move this summer :gr: :gr: :gr: :tup: :tup: :nw: :nw:

Biggest game of Celtic's season and he was on the bench though... not a great sign.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I saw that. I wouldnt want him to make the move to turkey. Rather him in Greece, but samaras is the type of guy who loves teh CL i think and wants to make a international name for himself.

Yeah I saw that. I wouldnt want him to make the move to turkey. Rather him in Greece, but samaras is the type of guy who loves teh CL i think and wants to make a international name for himself.

He should stay at Celtic. He already has tactical ability, he needs to learn to cope with physicality. Strachan will guide his game well and he'll develop there.

I dont think hed hold a spot at Fener......theyve got much better tall forwards like Kezman, Deivid, and Senturk......but if he did somehow start it could be good for him. I beleive hell get much better service to score goals from Fenerbahce's midfield than from Celtic and a big goal scoring season would be better for him I feel.

He should stay at Celtic. He already has tactical ability, he needs to learn to cope with physicality. Strachan will guide his game well and he'll develop there.

the problem that samaras has is that he moved away from Greece at young age and did not have his Yiayia to force feed him, bamyes, fasolyia, kotopoulo, yemista, all the core foods ----- now look at the praying mantis that he has become

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt hed play at Lazio to be honest....he should try a smaller Italian club, many of them give opportunities and create careers for these strikers....Luca Toni was playing in newly promoted Palermo a few years ago and look how hes been able to develop and he was 28... and now at 31 yrs old scoring 34 goals for Bayern this last year.

Edited by drakos13

• 2 weeks later...

he could be on his way to new premierleague club hull city...

he may also join the likes of our very own giannakopoulos. and christian vieri.. hull city have good prospects and intentions of staying in the english premierleague.. i think this is a great move for him and a chance to prove himself again

and christian vieri.. hull city have good prospects and intentions of staying in the english premierleague..

VIERI AND SAMARAS ON THE SAME TEAM?!??!?!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What a miserable attacking duo. Hull are as good as relegated with those two as starting strikers. Did Hull bother WATCHING Vieri in the last 3 years?! Vieri cant go 90 mins in a prem game, let alone play well. Samaras is much better player than the Vieri of the last 3 years, but still......I dont know if Samaras will find himself again. He dropped dramatically in the EPL - I dont understand how, he was so promising.

What :o

Samaras staying in Celtic is probably his best option IMO.

Hell have a reasonable chances of the starting 11, and Celtic is a big club. If he starts finding goals in Scotland it will be great for him. Hes a striker and needs to be scoring. In EPL, Italy....I dont think he'll ever find his touch for goals...It may be Scotland, but goals are goals and not easy to come by, and it will make him a better, more experienced, and confident player in the future and thats the best he can hope for.

Scottish League is not amazing, but he plays for Scotlands best, and Celtic has a very good reputation, and he will get to compete in the Champions League. That would be great for him..He has a lot of room for improvement, and he wont survive if he throws hismelf into the type of competition hes simply not good enough for at the moment. He can escalate and findhimself at Celtic graduallly.

And Samaras in Italy?!? Hes not skilled enough for that at all, and not fast enough. Hed sink to the bench, and be playing for OFI within 2 years.

Guest TheLegend

It might not be that bad that he stays at Celtic. Hes scoring goals and thats what a foward needs to do. At Celtic he was scoring goals regularly. If he keeps doing that I dont see anything wrong. Moving from team to team especialy in a span of 6 months also ruins players. They need time

Samaras seals Celtic return

Greek striker delighted to secure permanent deal with SPL champions

Celtic have completed the signing of Georgios Samaras on a permanent deal from Manchester City.

Samaras spent the second half of last season on loan at Parkhead and had been keen to stay with the SPL champions.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,110...3821624,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7506849.stm

He merely got 6 goals in 21 appearances for Celtic, yes many were as a sub, but still, he's not exatcly taken the league by storm. So he's lucky to be given this chance. I hope he realises that and takes his chance to improve.

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic