Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

is there any goal 4 replay link to this?

i am at work and my computer did not support that link and the youtube site has restricted access

ii couldnt find one... i dont think they do scotish football. BUt what a goalara that woulda been if samaras curled that one in! - the one of the post

@ Levendi: Sorry file I couldn't find a link for you either... if your boss doesn't change his no-youtube policy, QUIT! :P

@ Paxiotis: Yes, that would've been a classy goal. Hopefully he carries on playing like this.

only played 15 minutes too/

That's a very good sign but we mustn't get ahead of ourselves. He plays for the best team in Scotland, in a league that (if you take out Rangers) is on a par with the Cypriot league. He has to develop into a Larsson-level player at Celtic for us to consider him the real deal. I'm hoping that he's a confidence player, and if so banging in a few more before the Euro's could mean that he goes into the tournament at the top of his game!

much better...

hopefully he keeps it up and gets into the starting line up.

i think you are very correct with comparing the scottish league with the cypriot league :LOL:

however any goals in any european leagues should be good enough to get a players confidence up.

much better...

i think you are very correct with comparing the scottish league with the cypriot league :LOL:

File mou I'm actually being serious. Anorthosi, Omonia and Apoel would all challenge for third spot in Scotland, especially Ano.

however any goals in any european leagues should be good enough to get a players confidence up.

That's right. Some players become better by playing against stiffer opposition to continually improve (i.e. Gekas improved after going to Germany), others need a confidence boost against weaker opposition to re-find their form (e.g. Kovacevic from Spain to Greece). Hopefully the latter applies for Samaras.

nicely said DUDE.

i still havent seen his goal where they won 2-1 but the goal he scored on the weekend was nice.. it wasnt an easy close header.. it was well directed and had power behind it.. well done

Guest TheLegend

much better...

i think you are very correct with comparing the scottish league with the cypriot league  :LOL:

File mou I'm actually being serious. Anorthosi, Omonia and Apoel would all challenge for third spot in Scotland, especially Ano.

That's right. Some players become better by playing against stiffer opposition to continually improve (i.e. Gekas improved after going to Germany), others need a confidence boost against weaker opposition to re-find their form (e.g. Kovacevic from Spain to Greece). Hopefully the latter applies for Samaras.

The differnece is Kovacevic is ending his career and had an amazing career in spain most notably being him and Nihat forming the best attack in Spain in his years at Sociedad. Even Barcelona couldnt compete..

Guest TheLegend

this player continues to disappoint me..

he had potential, he has lost it while he was at city..

not worthy of greek national team

Why the hell is he disapointing you? He hasnt played a full game yet. He has 3 goals and hit the post 2 times? and creates spaces and oppurtunities for his teamates. If hes not worth of the NT wtf is Vyntra Goumas Dellas Kapsis etc doing on the team.

this player continues to disappoint me..

he had potential, he has lost it while he was at city..

not worthy of greek national team

Why the hell is he disapointing you? He hasnt played a full game yet. He has 3 goals and hit the post 2 times? and creates spaces and oppurtunities for his teamates. If hes not worth of the NT wtf is Vyntra Goumas Dellas Kapsis etc doing on the team.
You've named defenders, Samaras is a striker. The fact is, he's not as good/doesn't offer the threat of Haristea, Lybe, Salpi, Amanatidis, & Gekas

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic